Butlins Skegness

Mafiabob

Thinking of taking the family there next year for a week/four nights haven't been since I was a kid, we are already off to Zante in May, just want the kids to have a nice holiday camp holiday, any of you fine posters/lurkers been to Butlins lately and if its any good. Kind regards. PS Any bad advice will result in a stallions head being delivered to you.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, they must've been really naughty!

haha just looking around for a week away at a holiday resort, can't really do abroad again as it would cost a small fortune in August as I'm tied in with holidays at work!

Quick summary of my trip there:-

1. Turned up to reception to be greeted with a huge queue of guests waiting to complain about things from next door chalet drinking beer outside and playing a stereo to condition of chalet itself

2. Went there in April chalet was so cold that I had to sleep with my clothes on in bed

3. Chalet was filthy and looked like the insides had been cleaned down with a dirty rag with remnants of food everywhere in the kitchen area

4. Went to entertainment in the evening (not kiddies entertainment) late on and was chastised by a women near to me for the innappropriate use of my language infront of her I guess 7-8 years old whom shouldnt have been there in the first place at that hour 

Make up your own mind

Just leave them at home with the tv and xbox (other games consoles are available), stock the fridge up with Coke (other soft drinks are available) and arranged for Domino's (other pizza establishments are available) and go somewhere you want to go.

(Other more legal/sensible ideas are available)

Yer I agree about Butlins Minehead went there a couple of years ago was poles apart to Butlins in Skegness, lots to do for kids, apartment was clean, Minehead isnt nearly as big a dump as Skeggy. They do rape you though on all of the incidental entertainment like games of snooker/pool/bowling which adds up to a fair whack over the week. The food inside the camp was pretty variable as well and expensive. 

Thinking of taking the family there next year for a week/four nights haven't been since I was a kid, we are already off to Zante in May, just want the kids to have a nice holiday camp holiday, any of you fine posters/lurkers been to Butlins lately and if its any good. Kind regards. PS Any bad advice will result in a stallions head being delivered to you.

Archived