Derby County v Reading

mozza

I think Clough realises about the home form actually. We lack width and the threat down the right that we had with Brayf/Coutts last season, which really was outstanding at times. Obviously at the back we're lacking some leadership, an experienced head perhaps. This would be a massive improvement, but we were nigh on unbeatable at home last season with the same CB combination, due to our attacking threat, so you could argue that if we got back among the goals at home all would be rosy.

I just wish we were looking into getting a quick PL standard RM to sort these problems out. One with a decent cross on him. Anyone who thinks they're up to the job please raise your hand. Anyone? Anyone at all?

".thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00864/Marc_Albrighton_280_864164a" alt="Marc_Albrighton_280_864164a">

We do not have much trouble scoring away from home.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not have much trouble scoring away from home.

I wouldn't change anything away from home, Clough's got it spot on just like he had it spot on at home last season. I'd play Albrighton at home and revert to our old 4-4-2. Smith and Albrighton down the right will be a good combination, maybe not Coutts/Brayford standard but pretty darn good.

What do you think we should aim for? Try and score four before they get their three? Might make for entertaining games! Albrighton is not the answer. Not saying I don't want him there. I do. But it won't solve the problems we currently have.

I'd argue that we had the same problems last season but still won most of our home games. Albrighton could be our attacking answer, we had a lot of goals coming from the right flank last year due to Brayford/Coutts and we've missed that this year.

I did also say we miss an experienced head at the back, hinting at a loan CB you know...

I wouldn't change anything away from home, Clough's got it spot on just like he had it spot on at home last season. I'd play Albrighton at home and revert to our old 4-4-2. Smith and Albrighton down the right will be a good combination, maybe not Coutts/Brayford standard but pretty darn good.

So why not play the same at home ?

With all due respect, that is a complete load of b ollocks, if ever a team tried to park the bus it was us end of the first half , and all of the second half against Blackburn, we just went back ten yards and let them come on, AT HOME. 

As soon as they equalised, when it was too late, we pushed forward again, and nearly got a winner in the last minute.

It's not rocket science , the answer at home is SCORE FIRST , then the other team opens up a wee bit n Bryson n Hughes can then find more space n more goals will follow

Trouble with that mate is if we score first at home we try to shut up shop, NOT carry on attacking.

Your opinion, based on 30 minutes of football this season.

Valid point though I believe, seeing as its the only time we have scored first in the league at home, and what happened, the  coaches s hat themselves, who`s to say that is not part of the strategy at home.

PS I like your stupid hat ( is it you ?)

Valid point though I believe, seeing as its the only time we have scored first in the league at home, and what happened, the  coaches s hat themselves, who`s to say that is not part of the strategy at home.

PS I like your stupid hat ( is it you ?)

If it was based on abit more than 30 minutes of the opening day then I'd call it valid. It's a very vague bit of evidence you're using to base this outlook on how we will play when we next score at home first. 

Hopefully next Tuesday we can put that view to bed. 

Unfortunately no, I am not the Sam man. You seem to have a picture of me, mind. 

If it was based on abit more than 30 minutes of the opening day then I'd call it valid. It's a very vague bit of evidence you're using to base this outlook on how we will play when we next score at home first. 

Hopefully next Tuesday we can put that view to bed. 

Unfortunately no, I am not the Sam man. You seem to have a picture of me, mind. 

We did not do it against Brentford Res  :)

Archived