Derby County v Reading

mozza

We also time-waste when we are ahead, most teams do it. Fans only moan when they are the "victims".

I understand how simple it is for you to say that but you're wrong. Telling me that I'm only moaning because I'm a "victim" is a poorly thought up comment. When three different reading players handle the ball and throw it to one another in different directions is what is what I consider time wasting. Imo today was an exceptional case, far above what I would consider the average. Do you understand?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't blame grant before the others, the goal keeper should be the last resort to keeping a clean sheet.

Well he has came for the ball, and fumbled - lost his central position and given the striker a pretty much open goal.

So I think you can blame grant for his poor decision making in this instance, before others. 

But Eustace is definitely the man to blame, straight up second best despite being favoured for the ball in the first instance! 

I think Clough realises about the home form actually. We lack width and the threat down the right that we had with Brayf/Coutts last season, which really was outstanding at times. Obviously at the back we're lacking some leadership, an experienced head perhaps. This would be a massive improvement, but we were nigh on unbeatable at home last season with the same CB combination, due to our attacking threat, so you could argue that if we got back among the goals at home all would be rosy.

I just wish we were looking into getting a quick PL standard RM to sort these problems out. One with a decent cross on him. Anyone who thinks they're up to the job please raise your hand. Anyone? Anyone at all?

".thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00864/Marc_Albrighton_280_864164a" alt="Marc_Albrighton_280_864164a">

I understand how simple it is for you to say that but you're wrong. Telling me that I'm only moaning because I'm a "victim" is a poorly thought up comment. When three different reading players handle the ball and throw it to one another in different directions is what is what I consider time wasting. Imo today was an exceptional case, far above what I would consider the average. Do you understand?

Six minutes of injury time showed the ref had their time wasting sussed.

I don't think their time wasting was any worse than anyone else and as Cumbrian said every team, including us, would do the same in their position. It might not be nice, but it's part of the game. It's up to the ref to produce a card/add time on, both of which he did.

If you want extreme examples, Burnley at home (under Eddie Howe, last season or might even have been season before that) was a master class.

Good first half.

Poor second half.

Two individual errors cost us.

Clough should have changed the system at one down to stretch the game. It was evident that there was little space on the pitch so why persist with a narrow midfield when the game needed stretching to create the space?

I'm disappointed to say the least. Two errors cost us but the game could have been saved had the right changes been made. There was far too many horizontal passes around the back. We struggled to break through their first line of defence let alone their second and third. It was clear that the pitch needed to be made bigger (wingers) or they needed to start passing through the lines of defence.

The home form is becoming a real issue now and we can't continue to rely on our away form, it's not sustainable. 

Why don't we just play 4 4 2 at home like we did last season, when it worked?  Put Wardy on the left and an interchange between Hughes and Bryson on the right.

The reason why the system doesn't work at home is the formation is really narrow and teams can easily just sit back and hit us from wide on the break, where there's no cover for the full backs because they always have to bomb on to give us some width. That's why we vulnerable at times.

Reading were there for the taking. They really were average.

Play the tried and tested system away from home this season, which has worked really well, and stick to the good old 4 4 2 at home, which was so successful last season. There's nothing wrong playing 2 different systems Nige :)

Another game we wouldnt be automatic favourites for but another game where we should be looking to pick up points if we're going to challenge.

I didn't see the game so it's hard to comment but it's clear we lack cutting edge up top, which puts pressure on our defense. Individual lapses in concentration are resulting in games but we're not helping our cause by not scoring when we're on top.

I think it'll click, we just need to get the monkey off our back.

I think Clough realises about the home form actually. We lack width and the threat down the right that we had with Brayf/Coutts last season, which really was outstanding at times. Obviously at the back we're lacking some leadership, an experienced head perhaps. This would be a massive improvement, but we were nigh on unbeatable at home last season with the same CB combination, due to our attacking threat, so you could argue that if we got back among the goals at home all would be rosy.

I just wish we were looking into getting a quick PL standard RM to sort these problems out. One with a decent cross on him. Anyone who thinks they're up to the job please raise your hand. Anyone? Anyone at all?

".thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00864/Marc_Albrighton_280_864164a" alt="Marc_Albrighton_280_864164a">

What do you think we should aim for? Try and score four before they get their three? Might make for entertaining games! Albrighton is not the answer. Not saying I don't want him there. I do. But it won't solve the problems we currently have.

Archived