Derby appoint new finance director from Chelsea

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woh!

I missed this one as I was out yesterday, but compare and contrast to when the previous incumbent of this post Mal Brannigan was let go in February this year

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-confirm-executive-structure-changes-670884.aspx

This just gives me a feeling that they don't really know what they're doing.

We don't need a Finance Director - we're cutting costs - then 7 months later, we need a Finance Director, let's get someone in from Chelsea?!

Woh!

I missed this one as I was out yesterday, but compare and contrast to when the previous incumbent of this post Mal Brannigan was let go in February this year

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-confirm-executive-structure-changes-670884.aspx

This just gives me a feeling that they don't really know what they're doing.

We don't need a Finance Director - we're cutting costs - then 7 months later, we need a Finance Director, let's get someone in from Chelsea?!

Maybe they just didn't want Mal Brannigan and this new guy has different / wider financial skills?

Well that's entirely possible (and I'd say quite likely) but 7 months seems a long time.

If I had no head of finance for 7 months and we managed to get through a couple of major things like financial results and a transfer window then I'd be wondering why I needed a head of finance. Sounds like we coped!

Well that's entirely possible (and I'd say quite likely) but 7 months seems a long time.

If I had no head of finance for 7 months and we managed to get through a couple of major things like financial results and a transfer window then I'd be wondering why I needed a head of finance. Sounds like we coped!

May be they had a temp in for the 7 months. Possibly on minimum wage.

Archived