NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams selected Todd Gurley FFS.

I was hoping the Dolphins would draft him but I'm happy with DeVante Parker. Not a major need but was the best player available at No. 14. And more weapons for Tannenhill. 

I can't decide how I feel about Chargers pick. We desperately needed a running back but I'd have liked to go with linemen in rounds 1 and 2 before picking up an RB in the 3rd. A running back's performance correlates so much to his offensive line, and ours is bad - we also have to protect Rivers better so he doesn't **** his back up in a division with Justin Houston, Von Miller and Khalil Mack sacking the QB. We also had to give up two picks to trade up two places - seems like a bad idea, imo.

I can't decide how I feel about Chargers pick. We desperately needed a running back but I'd have liked to go with linemen in rounds 1 and 2 before picking up an RB in the 3rd. A running back's performance correlates so much to his offensive line, and ours is bad - we also have to protect Rivers better so he doesn't **** his back up in a division with Justin Houston, Von Miller and Khalil Mack sacking the QB. We also had to give up two picks to trade up two places - seems like a bad idea, imo.

​The real depth on the O-Line is on tonight. Outside of Scherff, I don't think any of the players available at number 17 were worth it. Peat and Flowers were massive reaches where they went.

We have a lot of plug and play guys available in rounds 2 & 3. Jake Fisher, AJ Cann, Tre Jackson, La'el Collins, TJ Clemmings, Donovan Smith, Ali Marpet, etc.

I was hoping the Dolphins would draft him but I'm happy with DeVante Parker. Not a major need but was the best player available at No. 14. And more weapons for Tannenhill. 

​Yeah, Dolphins needed a WR more than RB.

Wouldn't have minded the Rams picking up Parker but you have to give Jeff Fisher credit for sticking to his guns. We're going to be playing some real smashmouth football next year behind some good defense!

​The real depth on the O-Line is on tonight. Outside of Scherff, I don't think any of the players available at number 17 were worth it. Peat and Flowers were massive reaches where they went.

We have a lot of plug and play guys available in rounds 2 & 3. Jake Fisher, AJ Cann, Tre Jackson, La'el Collins, TJ Clemmings, Donovan Smith, Ali Marpet, etc.

​Yeah. I'd like Fisher, he's very athletic. Or Clemmings. I agree, Peat and Flowers were reaches, as was Scherff, probably, when they could have picked up Leonard Williams instead.

We also need a DE (3-4), what talent is still on the board in that position?

​Yeah. I'd like Fisher, he's very athletic. Or Clemmings. I agree, Peat and Flowers were reaches, as was Scherff, probably, when they could have picked up Leonard Williams instead.

We also need a DE (3-4), what talent is still on the board in that position?

​Mario Edwards and Carl Davis are both pretty good and should go in the second round.

Eddie Goldman has had a bit of a fall and (I think) he can play 3-4 end too. He's a first round talent.

Flowers is a reach for Giants. It just says to me that they want O-line and he was second best. I'm ok with the pick but if Washington wanted Scherff we should have swapped picks and Giants could have selected Leonard Williams.

You guys' knowledge on NFL seems so far advanced compared to mine.  Admittedly I am only one season in but while I appreciate the beauty, the skill, the strategy and the raw power of the game my knowledge seems a long way behind.  

How ow would you guys suggest catching up?  Last year I watched the weekly highlights show on C4 (I stopped watching the other one we get in the UK - ESPN? - as the series record would never work) watched the odd full game and of course the Super Bowl, what else can I do though?  Other TV shows?  Magazines?  Website? Forums?

Obviously when it comes to Fantasy Football I'll still **** you all ;-)

You guys' knowledge on NFL seems so far advanced compared to mine.  Admittedly I am only one season in but while I appreciate the beauty, the skill, the strategy and the raw power of the game my knowledge seems a long way behind.  

How ow would you guys suggest catching up?  Last year I watched the weekly highlights show on C4 (I stopped watching the other one we get in the UK - ESPN? - as the series record would never work) watched the odd full game and of course the Super Bowl, what else can I do though?  Other TV shows?  Magazines?  Website? Forums?

I'm also new to the sport, I think the most helpful thing was the NFL official app, reading every story I could. General magazines like Sports Illustrated (can access online) offer good features as well.

Fantasy football would be great, gotta do the American style one though.

I'm also new to the sport, I think the most helpful thing was the NFL official app, reading every story I could. General magazines like Sports Illustrated (can access online) offer good features as well.

Fantasy football would be great, gotta do the American style one though.

Cheers for the tip PR, I'll start with the NFL app.

i'll do whichever fantasy football we do on her but out of interest,what is the difference?

​Ouch. Tampa are pretty weak although you're also in a crap division, might do a bit better next season.

Winston or Mariota?

When I looked into my choice at the start of last season I thought that though, did crap last season, should do better this...

Never quite happened!

​What the **** dude! We just missed out on the play offs. why aren't you in melt down mode?

Lol I am cool pal...let everyone else contemplate jumping off a cliff.

I for one am going to beer store here in a bit for Kentucky Derby and fight tonight.

While I won't pretend to have a supreme knowledge of all things NFL, I would say I know a lot more than when I started watching 9 years ago in 2006. This is mainly due to playing fantasy football - you tend to look out for players news concerning your fantasy players, as well as discovering players you love and loathe. Also, my knowledge is slightly more concerned with my team the NY Giants, as that's my focus when looking at NFL.com, ESPN and Bleacher Report.

Watching games and highlights helps too, in my experience. And of course, start discussions on here with likeminded fans over the offseason to get perspectives from other teams fans.

Cheers for the tip PR, I'll start with the NFL app.

i'll do whichever fantasy football we do on her but out of interest,what is the difference?

UK based NFL Fantasy tends to revolve around picking a team with a set amount of money,p each week, competing against others to get the highest weekly score. Similar to that of Fantasy Football (our football).

The only American version I've played is official one on NFL.com, which is far superior IMO. You play in a league of 6-10 teams, with teams playing each other in match ups each week. You have a draft to determine who gets which player (only 1 team can have a specific player in that league - example Aaron Rodgers will only be on one persons team). The draft is one of the most fun 60-90 mins you can spend in the summer, picking your team whilst chatting to others in your league.

if enough are interested we can set up a league later in the year, nearer to the preseason.

UK based NFL Fantasy tends to revolve around picking a team with a set amount of money,p each week, competing against others to get the highest weekly score. Similar to that of Fantasy Football (our football).

The only American version I've played is official one on NFL.com, which is far superior IMO. You play in a league of 6-10 teams, with teams playing each other in match ups each week. You have a draft to determine who gets which player (only 1 team can have a specific player in that league - example Aaron Rodgers will only be on one persons team). The draft is one of the most fun 60-90 mins you can spend in the summer, picking your team whilst chatting to others in your league.

if enough are interested we can set up a league later in the year, nearer to the preseason.

Very interested.

Archived