NFL thread

Perky1106

No surprise. Nothing against his sexual preference, but I just do not think he is good enough for NFL.

I've not seen him so can't pass judgement, but if he's not good enough, there should be no pressure on Cowboys to retain him. I'd have liked for him to do well because of the encouragement it would give to the gay community. Is there an issue of homophobia in American football?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially to a team within the Bible Belt! The Cowboys only gave him a chance because someone in the NFL rang us up begging them to. We're deep in his position and have simply cut him to open up a spot for a LB. 

Apologies mate about this Monday when the Redskins destroy the Cowboys.  ;)   Seriously though, the way the Cowboys have been playing, I do not see us winning this at all. RG3 may be back, but would not start I think. I will admit the Cowboys fans here in the States are... meh.  But you seem different. :) Good luck to both teams.

Apologies mate about this Monday when the Redskins destroy the Cowboys.  ;)   Seriously though, the way the Cowboys have been playing, I do not see us winning this at all. RG3 may be back, but would not start I think. I will admit the Cowboys fans here in the States are... meh.  But you seem different. :) Good luck to both teams.

My mum lived over in Dallas for a few years before she had me and we often go over to visit her friends. So as I have gotten into the NFL in recent years it seemed the most logical team for me really! Loving how good the Cowboys are this season as I've never really seen them in a good period like they had in the 90s! (Probably why all the US fans have a sense of entitlement to do well?!)  I was actually going to fly myself over to Texas for a game this year but I am going to Wembley instead - can't wait for it!

Got to say I'm feeling quietly confident - everyone is playing fantastically at the moment!

My mum lived over in Dallas for a few years before she had me and we often go over to visit her friends. So as I have gotten into the NFL in recent years it seemed the most logical team for me really! Loving how good the Cowboys are this season as I've never really seen them in a good period like they had in the 90s! (Probably why all the US fans have a sense of entitlement to do well?!)  I was actually going to fly myself over to Texas for a game this year but I am going to Wembley instead - can't wait for it!

Got to say I'm feeling quietly confident - everyone is playing fantastically at the moment!

Yes they are mate. They are just Redskins biggest rival, but no complaints from me or excuses if we lose. Cheers mate. Hopefully will be a great game Monday.

Yes they are mate. They are just Redskins biggest rival, but no complaints from me or excuses if we lose. Cheers mate. Hopefully will be a great game Monday.

Yeah hopefully - shame it isn't on here till 1am so won't be watching it :(

Would love to go watch Cowboys/Redskins game and see how it compares to Derby/Forest! Biggest rivalry in the NFL IIRC?

Would love to go watch Cowboys/Redskins game and see how it compares to Derby/Forest! Biggest rivalry in the NFL IIRC?

Yes, biggest rivalry I think  Also, you can watch it mate, just drink tons of coffee.  ;)

Plenty of big rivalries, most of the NFC East games are rivalries, Steelers/Ravens is pretty big, and Steelers/Browns used to be when Cleveland was relevant.

Archived