In out, In out, Shake it all about

sage

So Brayford, Robinson and Fielding have been sold, Naylor and Ball have gone on loan, O'Connor looks to be on his way, just Tyson, Bailey and Ledgzins to go, though I think we may keep Ledgzins.

Incoming has been Russell, Grant, Forsyth, Martin, Eustace and Smith (loan).

It's pure guesswork, but I would imagine even with O'Connor gone that although we would be around £750k up in terms of fees, we would be £5k a week above last years wage bill. That would suggest to me we won't bring anyone else in until Tyson has been sold or gone on loan.      

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Will Hughes

Obviously that a game changer on a different scale. Not much difference in wages, but (hopefully) a substantial fee. This would still mean losing the fringe players is vital, as we would want to spend money on fees rather than wages. 

Obviously that a game changer on a different scale. Not much difference in wages, but (hopefully) a substantial fee. This would still mean losing the fringe players is vital, as we would want to spend money on fees rather than wages. 

Do you think we paid Martin and Forsyth's wages whilst on loan?

I don't really know how it works.

Do you think we paid Martin and Forsyth's wages whilst on loan?

I don't really know how it works.

We would have paid some or all of their wages. Bailey, Naylor, Tyson, Robinson and Ball all had loan spells out last year, so I guess with full or partial payments coming in, we probably made a small profit on loan wages last year.

I have been told that a meeting between Saul Deeney and Clough concluded that the promise NC made to Saul that he would be this year's no.2 Keeper once Fielding and Legzdins were sold was rescinded. Reason being that no-one wants to take Legzdins on a permanent deal at present so he is staying and Saul will be going out on Loan.

Purely speculation mind, but would guess at.

Eustace - Free - low range wages 2>4

Russell - 750k upto 1 million(with add ons) - mid range wages 4>6

Smith - Loan fee (around 200k seems reasonable) - low range wages 2>4

Martin - free - high range wages 6>8

Forsyth - 150k - mid range wages 4>6

Grant - free - high range wages 6>8

1million>1.5million(including all add ones) and average 30k a week.

Fielding - 150k (with add ons) - mid range wages 4>6

Robinson - 150k - low range wages 2>4

Brayford - 1.5million upto 2million (with add ons) - Top range wages 8>10

Naylor - free - youth level wages .5>2

Ball - free - youth level wages .5>2

1.8million upto 2.3 million (with add ones) and average 19k a week.

So, by pure guestimation - the wage bill at present will be higher than last season - unless we can shift Tyson who will be in top range wages, and another player which should equal it out. 

11k a week higher over the year is approx 527000 - so, as I said pure guestimation from my point of view would be..

Expenditure - 3,560,000

Incoming - 3,288,000

Overall is -272,000.

Which would explain at the lack of movement on our part. 

Why loan?

Somebody would surely sign him permanent?

We did

With respect the role of the Number 2 is simply to provide cover. Saul accepts that is all he is there to do where as Legzdins and Fielding rocked the boat last year every time one was dropped for the other. Fielding's ego was inflated due to the hype he received after his England Call Up when at Blackburn, with Legzdins not sure where he got his from. Fair enough last year he was very good but the stories I heard about him last year made me wonder where he got the ego from. Even during Pre-season he refused to play a game for the U21s at Matlock, a game most of those on the Transfer List played.

With respect the role of the Number 2 is simply to provide cover. Saul accepts that is all he is there to do where as Legzdins and Fielding rocked the boat last year every time one was dropped for the other. Fielding's ego was inflated due to the hype he received after his England Call Up when at Blackburn, with Legzdins not sure where he got his from. Fair enough last year he was very good but the stories I heard about him last year made me wonder where he got the ego from. Even during Pre-season he refused to play a game for the U21s at Matlock, a game most of those on the Transfer List played.

I think Saul knows Derby County is the only place where he will get a pro contract so he is keen to follow whatever line he has to do to get his wage.

I also don't see why any overage player is allowed to play for the under-21s makes a mockery of the name.

Archived