Transfer profit/loss debate (split from Robinson thread)

eranio20

That fee was undisclosed, but that's a fair point on the Burton comment I made. Glad you nit picked that.

League one/two side have been known to spend 150,000 on a player.

Jamille Matt signed for Fleetwood for 200,000

Troy Archibald- Henville Swindon 200,000

Lewis Grabban 350,000

Matt Tubbs?

Charlie Lee?

Adam Birchall?

Tyrone Barnett?

Matt Tubbs 800,000

Theo Robinson 150,000

Abit of a difference

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That fee was undisclosed, but that's a fair point on the Burton comment I made. Glad you nit picked that.

League one/two side have been known to spend 150,000 on a player.

Jamille Matt signed for Fleetwood for 200,000

Troy Archibald- Henville Swindon 200,000

Lewis Grabban 350,000

Matt Tubbs?

Charlie Lee?

Adam Birchall?

Tyrone Barnett?

Matt Tubbs 800,000

Theo Robinson 150,000

Abit of a difference

Depends on when there contracts were up, If Theo had two or more years to run we would of got 500k mark IMO, we got decent cash for a player who wasn't going to play again and in last year of contract. Wages have come off the bill, he would be on ok money (I guess) as he was a striker. Derby took a firm offer and accepted what he thought was worth, If teams held forever and forever for a inflated price he would have gone for sod all in January. Can't see your point comparing with lower league players, I could if you compared how l

Hence why we should have put him in the squad at Oldham.

Get him in the shop window and let him show his worth.

Fair enough he'd be cup tied, but if he scored a goal or two that would've see his value increase and more parties will have come knocking.

What good is it him playing at Buxton and scoring a hat trick? Who's that going to impress?

What about Bailey? When was his last game? Who in the right mind will have seen him since his return from Coventry? Even if its a two mintue cameo appearance; get the player on the field, let them prove themselves and see what happens instead of letting them sit in the stands depressed as a harpoon.

The longer they'll go without playing competitive football, the less they'll sell for.

Ask Giles Barnes.

Do you really want us to play players in competitive games that we've already decided aren't good enough for us?

You're right, starting today against high flying leicester city, lets get Bailey in for Hughes, Naylor in for Freeman, Tyson for Martin and O'Connor for keogh, you know, just so we can try to flog them to anyone who might be watching.

Then when we get beat, there won't be a peep from anyone about team selection and clueless tactics.

They're not good enough for where we want to be, they're not good enough for where you demand the manager takes us but you still want him to play them.

We got 20 goals out of Theo while he was here, 1 in 4, we've sold him for pretty much the same as we bought him but you feel free to keep flogging that dead horse.

It's abit of an insult when Forest managed to fetch over two million for a half decent player in Chris Gunter, whom was also in his final year at the shitty ground.

How's Brayford only worth a fraction of the price?

It's a pisstake

It's abit of an insult when Forest managed to fetch over two million for a half decent player in Chris Gunter, whom was also in his final year at the shitty ground.

It's a pisstake

Players that went on to much better clubs, that was there worth! Give up he was only worth whats been accepted, no shady deals like back in day a la three amigos. Wasn't so long ago that we couldn't give players away and kept cancelling contracts, we got something for him, good luck to the lad, when I look out when theo next moves on it will be roughly the same we sold him for or less.

It's a pisstake

What fraction is that?

3/4 or 8/10ths?? Hardly "only" a fraction.

You're such a wind up it's not true.

What fraction is that?

3/4 or 8/10ths?? Hardly "only" a fraction.

You're such a wind up it's not true.

Shouldn't you be getting ready for choir practice with Eddie and Albert?

I'm that big a wind up, you still read my posts and reply to every damn one of them.

Hide my posts please, do it do it I'm begging thee!

And Mafiabob, you cannot seriously bring the three amigos up every time we sell a player for peanuts, Jesus. How many years ago was that?

I'm that big a wind up, you still read my posts and reply to every damn one of them.

And you cannot seriously bring the three amigos up every time we sell a player for peanuts, Jesus. How many years ago was that?

why can't I???? I know I'm not going to change your mind and you have your own opinions which is more than fair enough, but the way you come across and other posters seemed to have sensed it on here, that your quick to be against someone's point but get very defensive when your opinion gets countered and just say don't read my posts or reply, why shouldn't they reply( as with last poster? ) we're all Derby at the en of the day and I and many others enjoy nice and friendly debate :)

Hence why we should have put him in the squad at Oldham.

Get him in the shop window and let him show his worth.

Fair enough he'd be cup tied, but if he scored a goal or two that would've see his value increase and more parties will have come knocking.

What good is it him playing at Buxton and scoring a hat trick? Who's that going to impress?

What about Bailey? When was his last game? Who in the right mind will have seen him since his return from Coventry? Even if its a two mintue cameo appearance; get the player on the field, let them prove themselves and see what happens instead of letting them sit in the stands depressed as a harpoon.

The longer they'll go without playing competitive football, the less they'll sell for.

Ask Giles Barnes.

Have to say that I am in the Clough is doing a decent job camp & really believe that he is with what he has been given to work with...but on this matter your pretty much spot with almost all that you have written in this thread...

Alas providing evidence to back up what you write in the nut house that is the forum counts for jack...that's its beauty I suppose..

It was TEN years ago my friend.

Seriously, a year in football is a lifetime but ten..

I posted Theo being linked to a dozen clubs, but that was quickly dismissed by BNC. I back this up by linking him to sites claiming clubs being interested, can't really do much else can I?

Being called a liar and excused of making stuff up when I'm clearly giving him articles to Sky Sports, The Sun ETC is uncalled for. I DID prove there's been interest in Theo from Fulham and Wigan, he laughed but here's the link;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4355180/Theo-Robinson-a-target-for-Wigan-and-Fulham.html

Or this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2154799/Theo-Robinson-wanted-Fulham-Wigan-Athletic.html

Or even this (more clubs mentioned than I posted)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8295243/Derby-County-s-Theo-Robinson-set-to-be-called-up-by-Jamaica

Yes it's a year old article, but it's proof top end sides chased Theo just last season. Throwing him in the reserves/under 21 squad didn't help matters did it?

I hope we get Tyson and Bailey off the wage bill now. Any transfer fee received would be a bonus in my view. And let's get in a decent centre half for the first 11, not a squad player. Happy to keep Legzdins and O'Connor as back up.

Whose called you a liar? I certainly haven't, as for giving away players and cancelling contracts, lee croft, dean Leacock, Luke varney, Russell Anderson to name a few off top if my head that's recent, theo was deemed surplus to requirements, if he was that good why didn't any of these teams sign him, paper speculation only, the same as will hughes all paper speculation, just fun thinking what he's worth that's all. My opinion we have got our money's worth from theo, you disagree that's what life's about, would be boring if all the same!

And Mafiabob, you cannot seriously bring the three amigos up every time we sell a player for peanuts, Jesus. How many years ago was that?

You've got the option of hiding mine. If my replies bother you so much, hide them.

I don't insult you. I don't keep insulting you, I just reply. You have no class.

You're very strange, you post here but when someone replies to one of your posts you cry like a baby.

It was TEN years ago my friend.

Seriously, a year in football is a lifetime but ten..

I posted Theo being linked to a dozen clubs, but that was quickly dismissed by BNC. I back this up by linking him to sites claiming clubs being interested, can't really do much else can I?

Being called a liar and excused of making stuff up when I'm clearly giving him articles to Sky Sports, The Sun ETC is uncalled for. I DID prove there's been interest in Theo from Fulham and Wigan, he laughed but here's the link;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4355180/Theo-Robinson-a-target-for-Wigan-and-Fulham.html

Or this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2154799/Theo-Robinson-wanted-Fulham-Wigan-Athletic.html

Or even this (more clubs mentioned than I posted)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8295243/Derby-County-s-Theo-Robinson-set-to-be-called-up-by-Jamaica

Yes it's a year old article, but it's proof top end sides chased Theo just last season. Throwing him in the reserves/under 21 squad didn't help matters did it?

Nope.

You can quote media articles and mention interest based upon them, but at absolutely no point does it make it proof that anyone seriously chased his signature.

Look at it this way, we've sold him for about £150,000 - if that reported interest in him had been genuine and not just paper talk spurred on my an agent, don't you think that at least one of these supposedly very interested clubs, who were willing to pay up to the value of £1.5m would have come in and swooped on the chance at a bargain long before it got anywhere near to him moving back to Huddersfield on loan and eventually to Doncaster?

Or are you going to tell me that all these clubs have simply picked up other players and no longer need/want Robinson? Despite the ability to pick up a bargain and add to their squad?

The proof is, as they say, in the pudding. These clubs you mention were not serious in their interest, certainly not at £1.5m, and seemingly not at a cut price either.

Also, do you really think being a Jamaican international adds any significant value to a player? It's Jamaica!

Well no, because he spent the best part of the past year playing against 16 year olds in the "development squad".

How is it helping a anyone, sticking him in a squad full of kiddie winks? It's murdering his confidence, let alone his ability against better players. He's 24, he as years left to improve. Yes, his touch his dire but he scores goals, look at last night as an example.

I'm pretty sure it didn't help that he wrote something on Twitter about not being in the squad for a fixture and being frozen out like that is punishment. Look at how many games he played once he tweeted and you'll see what I mean. Cloughs hold too much of a grudge; Theo and Cywka are two prime examples.

Donny now have a good player who will score them goals, I'd be absolutely delighted if I was a fan there knowing they've paid a mere 150,000 for a proven Chamoionship striker who could ineffect keep them in the division.

Maybe he was surplus to requirements, so to is Bailey, Tyson and half a dozen others. Nobody will touch them if they're not playing football, it's that simple. Villa or Wigan were looking at James Bailey afew years back, now he can't even get a move to Coventry. What's that all about? Everyone know he is a decent player at this level, look at his first season here for example.

Robinson, Bailey, Fielding, Cywka..

Abit of a pattern forming here.

Archived