Our season

chellastonRam

the amount if chances we created last season and didn't finish was our downfall IMO, however with johnny Russell in the books and the variety of goals he can score,I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be knocking on the door of the top 6. With the physical side of the game, I believe John Eustace can help. He's the type of player who can come and and do the dirty work while the more creative players finish the game off.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we've always had a top 8 squad. Just not a top 8 mentality or manager.

This is like a supervillan summit meeting, a grudging respect although their methods are quite different. The penguin and the joker perhaps.

Or maybe it's more pacino and de niro in heat.

I would liken it more to a clowns convention.

You could have Vegas enter the ring with a big red nose. Eranio turns up riding a bike with oval wheels. Notts Ram arrives honking his horn with his exploding car falling to pieces. McMuffin strolls in with a bald head & hair at the sides that flaps up. Mostyn would be decked up as the ring master. It all goes quiet then someone says something mildly negative...............after a polite silence all hell breaks out as the conversation deteriorates rapidly into an outright slanging match culminating in Clough being accused of being a terrorist, & Rush a dictator.

The audience meanwhile watch on with interest, some even joining in by chucking fake buckets of water over the nearest clown.

Oh how we laughed.

I think some of you watch too much football and so have not noticed the massive improvement in our play since Cloughie started with us. Go back and watch a match on Rams Player from his first season or even our promotion season if you like. compare it to how we play now...we are light years ahead. COYR....Play-offs for sure this year :)

It'll be interesting to see you're reaction if Nigel did get the boot this season.

How many of you have stated "he's the right man", "we will be a top six side" or "he will get us into the promised land"?

I doubt many, if any will hold you're hands up and admit to being wrong like I've said I will if we did indeed finish in the play offs/promotion places.

. I went to Burton and WBA games. Although I don't rate friendlies as a true reflection I would say Martin was our stand out player. Funny that as I didn't rate him last season but I did say he needed to get fitter. Well he's certainly done that.

That was a question for EKR re other teams in this division.

100% agree about Martin. Thought he looked overweight and lazy last season but really impressed against WBA. Looks very strong and his first touch is phenomenal.

It's been about 25 years since my first live Rams game, and it's now been several years since my last one - it was so unmemorable that I don't recall the opposition was just how woeful Savage was.

I was slowly losing interest from 2005 onwards (fair to say that the state of the game as well as the Rams was a factor), strongly disagreed with Nigel's appointment, and from then on didn't even bother to watch half the time they were on TV.

BUT, I've got to say that in the past year I've rallied, and now is certainly the most optimistic and interested I've found myself since the Burley era.  I can't see us implanting ourselves in the top 6 all season, and there are certainly still squad deficiencies and lack of tactical nous, but I've actually got that bit of pre-season/first match buzz again - we have some exciting youngsters, additions like Russell are players you can see doing well, and I think we will actually win more than we lose.  I hope the upturn lasts. 

Hey Half-Empties... Take a look at what the new football league sponsors think our chances are this season:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8845953/sky-bet-championship-guide

Mostyn officially a member of the Half-fulls now btw... Some good solid positivity coming from his recent posts... top bombing...

Sky tipping us to finish above Forest?

Red Dogs will be cancelling their stolen cards and decoders.

Archived