Nigel Clough Interview

-JW-

What a boring interview, Jesus!

The above folk calling him a top man for doing his first interview in three years eh...?!

I'd call that ignorant if anything. The guy is so dull, where's the famous Cloughie charisma? Would Brian have put our main rivals Leeds down as title contenders instead of ourselves in the 70s? Would he balls.

C'mon Nigel, show some aggression. I don't mean to go on air and critise a player like you'd normally do. Just something along the lines "we will do our upmost to get into those playoffs and prove the doubters wrong", is that so much to ask?

If anyone else had put forest down for promotion, they'd get slaughted.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The above folk calling him a top man for doing his first interview in three years eh...?!

I'd call that ignorant if anything. The guy is so dull, where's the famous Cloughie charisma? Would Brian have put our main rivals Leeds down as title contenders instead of ourselves in the 70s? Would he balls.

C'mon Nigel, show some aggression. I don't mean to go on air and critise a player like you'd normally do. Just something along the lines "we will do our upmost to get into those playoffs and prove the doubters wrong", is that so much to ask?

What's wrong with the honest approach? Most people on here realise that Billy will have Forest up there so what's wrong with our manager sharing the same opinion? 

What if he said "we're going to take the league by storm and finish first"? People would have criticised him for that, he'd have been setting himself up to become a laughing stock as well. 

He doesn't like the media.

There's a story that when a journalist went to interview Nigel he was told by a colleague to remember that "Nigel doesn't like you already"

He is far more insightful in the local papers where he's speaking to the fans. He's just a private guy.

Look at Harry Redknapp the media darling.

"I won't have the owners pants down" - Why did Samba go to Russia? Why did he come back?

"I'll leave if we don't get the key players we need (re Wayne Bridge) - Still there though.

"He's a top player" - about every fooker

You just can't take him seriously. He talks all day but it's all just noise.

In days when people will act like complete ****** for 5mins of fame it's nice to see someone with a bit of class. Not dancing to the media tune. Fook em! They're vile. Liars and manipulators. I'm surprised he bothered with this interview.

As for the Forest talk... Billy does it, Arry does it. Talk up the opposition and at worse it can be an excuse for failure (like you say)

At best it takes the pressure off us. Look at the advantage QPR have and yet Harry Redknapp has tried to convince us QPR will do well to finish in the top 24!

It's just a sensible strategy. It might not be brave and have the charming arrogance of Brian Clough or Jose Mourinho but it's very common.

We all know he'll be giving it his best. We're more than just a job to him. Whether he's up to the task we can debate but he's a nice bloke and he wants us to do well just as badly as me and you.

Billy Davies does enough talking for the entire East Midlands.

"Oh aye Natalie. This team is young and inexperienced. Billy Davies dunna know if they be good enough but Billy Davies will do what he can and if we aren't good enough it's some bugger else's fault because Billy Davies is a wee magician aye?"

Fat dwarf gobshite. Bet you he records East Midlands news.

Need to finish this for you.

Clough Out.

Very underrated by who?

I think he's vastly overrated on here and rated perfectly fine by those outside of Derby

Other managers seem to hold him in high esteem.

Other managers might rate him, but do other chairmen?

If he's so great, then why hasn't no top end championship/bottom end premiership club took a punt on him?

Who'd turn down a chance to play/coach at a higher level regardless of there love for the club? Ask a certain John Brayford.

His name hasn't been mentioned to any other club in FIVE years, so goes to show he isn't THAT highly rated at all except for folk on here...

Everyone at work isn't fond of him, everyone I've seen on Facebook/Twitter timeline takes the mickey every other day saying he's "Non League Nigel" and friends in Newcastle and Norfolk think he's doing a crap job also.

So where's these other non DCFC opinions? Sure they don't mean Brian?

If he's so great, then why hasn't no top end championship/bottom end premiership club took a punt on him?

Who'd turn down a chance to play/coach at a higher level regardless of there love for the club? Ask a certain John Brayford.

His name hasn't been mentioned to any other club in FIVE years, so goes to show he isn't THAT highly rated at all except for folk on here...

Everyone at work isn't fond of him, everyone I've seen on Facebook/Twitter timeline takes the mickey every other day saying he's "Non League Nigel" and friends in Newcastle and Norfolk think he's doing a crap job also.

How do you know he hasn't been approached by other clubs but turned them down?

Maybe no-one bothers because its clear he wants to be at Derby.

By your standards Fergie was a crap manager because he wasn't linked with any other jobs in 20-odd years.

Remember Paul Jewell promising we would finish top 6?

His name has not been mentioned because he has not had an agent touting his name round when jobs come available. 

The nonleague stuff makes me laugh - on the one hand some people slate him because he's spent loads of money yet at the same time call him nonleague because he had no money to spend and had to shop at that level!

Priceless!

Archived