Forum Board Suggestions

Day

Just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there, maybe you lot might even have some better suggestions. I've not even discussed this with any of the mods yet just throwing my ideas out there and looking for feedback, enough yays we will go with them or some. They are great ideas tbh.

1) Scrap the Matchday Talk board, move matchday threads into Rams Talk, same structured thread titles so people can find them easy enough like Derby County v Port Vale. Members would be allowed to open match threads with the winner stays on, might find a member that brings us some luck. New threads not to be opened until a couple days after the previous game, don't want it becoming a race to open one at 5pm.

Match threads opened by another member like Uttox did after my victory in against Bohemians would be deleted.....tosser.

2) Open a Academy/U21's board, those who have info could open threads for each game and player to keep us updated easier than in one thread.

3) Transfer talk scrap the one thread per player rule, some threads get so big that any latest news can get lost in the puns and general gossiping, new threads would be opened as new rumours come up. The thread titles should be kept clear so people have an idea on what's inside the thread for example

15/7 The Mirror - Derby to sign Messi for £7.5m

17/7 DET - Nigel says he's not interested in Messi

21/7 OS - Messi has signed

Each would be separate threads with the first post being the article and a link. This way people can jump on, get the info quickly without having to read 20 pages of Sammon bashing to see it was only The Sun last week.

Tweets can also be used IF they are a journo, not any of those #ITK accounts

24/7 @SteveNicholson - Derby are not looking to sell Sammon

With the first post being the tweet and link to the tweet.

4) Player Talk - New board, each player gets his own thread for general discussion on the player, think it would be a nice way to see how opinions change throughout their time at the club. If the transfer thread goes on when its obvious there was nothing in it posts can be moved over to continue in the player thread.

There would also be a sub board inside for Ex Rams, when they move on the thread is moved into this board. Player threads will remain open and say when Sammon moves to Barca those who wish to can track his progress in his thread.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody panics about scrapping Matchday Chat like Boycie just did in the mod room, I'm talking about the Matchday Talk board and threads, the chat room will still be open as usual. The threads would be in Rams Talk that's all.

Fool.

Yes to all bar 1.

1. It is nice to have a specific place for match threads, winner should stay on and create thread, unless it is three days before kick-off.

2. Agree, the first few pages of that youth thread are a mess as there is a first team transfer info in there a specifics section will make it easier to track player progress.

3. Agree, transfer threads get far too long these days and a lot of tweets and links are repeated having clear threads with updates should make this less common.

4. This works well on other forums and would like a trial of it here, also might stop the transfer threads being expanded after a player signs and hopefully stop the Sammon is ****/Sammon is God threads.

5. Great idea, the thread for non-Derby County games work well and people tend to be interested at how former players do after leaving the club.

Also lock threads when a player moves to another club and move any posts to a general transfer thread in football talk. Players who sign or set sold should be left open for a few weeks.

My thought process was that its only 1 thread that's active in there and you always get spin off threads after the match, if the match thread was in there maybe that would be used more than being just a prediction thread.

I was also looking at adding 2 boards which I'm already having OCD over as I like to keep the forum compact, I hate having loads of categories on the homepage which can be a tad confusing for new members. Merging Matchday would mean only 1 extra board on the homepage.

Could get rid of Other Sports.....:lol:

On the locking topics I hate it personally, as a member on other forums I hate seeing a padlock on it knowing that if I read something and really want to reply to a post I can't. With my transfer talk and player board idea there would be no reason to bump old threads really

I like all suggestions, would be nice to see a bit of change. (not saying the current format is ***** though)

Few suggestions:

1) Photo/video section where you can stick up any vids or pics you have taken from DCFC games, there are a couple of sad geeks good video creators on here as well so they will be all over it. Non-copyright stuff of course. 

2) Warning points for poor puns

3) The nipple embargo to be lifted

4) No sexism

1) Pictures looking into, videos hmmm, if they are hosted on YouTube maybe and automatically pulled across here.

2) I agree

3) I'd love to but can't, against Google's t&c's for the ads

4) No chance

My thought process was that its only 1 thread that's active in there and you always get spin off threads after the match, if the match thread was in there maybe that would be used more than being just a prediction thread.

I was also looking at adding 2 boards which I'm already having OCD over as I like to keep the forum compact, I hate having loads of categories on the homepage which can be a tad confusing for new members. Merging Matchday would mean only 1 extra board on the homepage.

Could get rid of Other Sports..... :lol:

On the locking topics I hate it personally, as a member on other forums I hate seeing a padlock on it knowing that if I read something and really want to reply to a post I can't. With my transfer talk and player board idea there would be no reason to bump old threads really

What...... :o :o

I agree that transfer threads get too long, but to have people creating more threads on the same player would make it even worse in that section.

The problem is when the theme digresses! I have been guilty of being involved in a thread about John Eustace digressing to a debate about tactical formations and mentality.

I think you could put a "report digression" button in the thread, which (if not too complicated) could prompt a mod, if in agreement to move the digressional comments into a new topic in a different thread, whilst creating a link in the original to the new thread.

It generally means that I have popped in after drinking, and the thread has degenerated evolved into a slanging-match meaningful discussion about parentage of moderators

Archived