Shane Lowry

North_Stand_Ram

I was drawing that from the fact Brayford has been linked with prem teams and top championship teams quite regularly whereas Lowry hasnt.

I understand your reasoning but what I am saying is that if Millwall feel he is valuable to the club then last year of contract or not unless an offer is fairly substantial it's not worth losing an important player just ahead of the new season for an amount of money that wont replace him, by keeping him they can re-look at the contract situation as the seaon progresses.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad for Lowry then, he might have had a chance of playing for Australia if he came to a club that could give him first team football at centrehalf consistently, rather than jamming him in leftback. Australia is well known for actually playing fullbacks rather than centrehalves at fullback, and with Holger wanting players to be showing what they can do at club level first, Lowry is doing himself no favours if Millwall choose to keep him and keep him playing at leftback.

It's the season of the World Cup and Australia are already qualified. Lowry will surely be trying to get himself a ticket to Brazil and he's really up against it now. A move to a good club where he can play at centrehalf for the season would be ideal for him. With Barker and O'Brien out, he could really stake a claim on that left hand centrehalf spot if he came here. With us moving in the right direction, and having the facilities we do (as well as a record of getting players into the national set up, like Hendrick, Sammon and Keogh, as well as Ward and even Theo) he may just fancy us if we really did go in for him.

Archived