The missing link

RodleyRam

No I'm not talking about Gareth Bale, I'm talking about the missing piece of the Derby County Jigsaw.

Others might disagree but I'm optimistic about next season, I seriously think we can do some good things next year with promotion on the cards if it all comes together. To me it feels like the club is showing real intent and I can sense a growing positive mood about where we're heading but to me it feels like we need one final piece of the jigsaw to bring everything together.

So my question is, what is our missing link? What is it that's going to turn us into a promotion winning side next year? Are the players we've brought in so far enough or is there something else we need? I'm assuming LB and CB still to come in but is there something more? Is it keeping hold of the likes of Hughes, Brayford and Hendrick? Is it a change to our playing style/formation or a single player to bring it all together like Igor did in 1995...?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming we get our other targets,without the loss of key players/Russell is a hit/Will and Mason continue to develop and we get the rub of the green with injuries,then I anticipate a very good season.If Jeff can continue to appreciate and harness his power,then I expect him to be a consistently dominant force in midfield next year.All he then has to do is concentrate for the whole game and do the simple things (mainly on the deck) when in possession.If he can do all of this,then I visualise a top 6 finish.

there never is just one missing link, one piece of the jigsaw left to fill. what if that missing link or another player gets injured or sold? teams evolve and good teams, when they arise, keep strengthening to replace areas that become deficient. for our team to become better, i think central defence and left back are key areas to strengthen

there never is just one missing link, one piece of the jigsaw left to fill. what if that missing link or another player gets injured or sold? teams evolve and good teams, when they arise, keep strengthening to replace areas that become deficient. for our team to become better, i think central defence and left back are key areas to strengthen

You're probably right but someone times one new player, or a new formation just makes things click and clubs don't look back. I am thinking Igor in 1995, we were clearly a decent side on paper but his introduction really transformed us and took us to another level.

Apparently there must be a few, depeding

No I'm not talking about Gareth Bale, I'm talking about the missing piece of the Derby County Jigsaw.

Others might disagree but I'm optimistic about next season, I seriously think we can do some good things next year with promotion on the cards if it all comes together. To me it feels like the club is showing real intent and I can sense a growing positive mood about where we're heading but to me it feels like we need one final piece of the jigsaw to bring everything together.

So my question is, what is our missing link? What is it that's going to turn us into a promotion winning side next year? Are the players we've brought in so far enough or is there something else we need? I'm assuming LB and CB still to come in but is there something more? Is it keeping hold of the likes of Hughes, Brayford and Hendrick? Is it a change to our playing style/formation or a single player to bring it all together like Igor did in 1995...?

Apparently there are a few missing links if this is anything to go by.....  Ladbrokes has us finishng 17th, 7 below this season !

QPR 5/1 Leicester 8/1 Bolton 9/1 Nottingham Forest 10/1 Reading 10/1 Watford 12/1 Wigan 12/1 Brighton 14/1 Leeds 16/1 Bournemouth 18/1 Ipswich 18/1 Birmingham 20/1 Blackburn 20/1 Middlesborough 25/1 Charlton 33/1 Blackpool 33/1 Derby 33/1 Huddersfield

Archived