Modern tracks

DCFCfranco

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I buggered off to bed.

Who needs the choons anyway, just read all your posts and there lies the comedy value... :-D

yea , but it's been acreditted to me as starting it , and i don't want it !

wtf would i know about 'modern music' ?

I'll find another one what predates yours. Don't fret, I know it's hard to handle being blamed with starting the "modern music"thread..

You should be happy now Mo55y, it's official, you didn't start the modern music thread.

I don't think modern music can be termed as classics, simply because certain tunes of the modern era have yet to stand the test of time -  and still be on the airwaves decades later. In 20,30,40 years, this modern stuff might be termed classic, if it's good enough for people to want to listen to it again and again.

The Boxer Rebellion and The National have both released new albums this year and they're both excellent indie bands:

In terms of punk, my two favourite bands of recent times are The Gaslight Anthem and The Menzingers:

For more classic rock-esque modern music, I'd recommend The Hold Steady and Tame Impala:

I don't listen to a lot of pop music but the new Daft Punk song is great:

Wow, Macc Lads!  Haven't even thought about them in years, now that's bloody classic!

One of my mates bought a load of Macc Lad albums on CD rather than cassette when CD's first came out to enhance the listening experience..........I actually saw them at a club in Birmingham about 20 years ago with Mr Methane, Stella Strict and Ivor Biggun...quality

Archived