Good Pubs In Derbyshire

Shuff264

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say my favourite is the Toby Carvery in Chaddesden. I'm not one for the real ales and stuff (I don't even like beer really), I just want somewhere that's reasonably priced and is a nice place to hang out and meet friends. It serves it's purpose as my local :p

Holly Bush at Makeney; Dead Poets at Holbrook; Old Oak at Horsley Woodhouse; Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton; Gate at Brassington; Horseshoes at Long Lane; Flying Childers at Stanton in the Peak; Boat at Cromford; Barley Mow and King's Head at Bonsall; White Lion at Starkholmes; Thorn Tree in Matlock; Plough at Two Dales; Red Lion at Birchover; Bowling Green at Winster; Cock and Pullet at Sheldon; Quiet Woman at Earl Sterndale; Three Stags Heads at Wardlow Mires; Yew Tree at Cauldon.

Holly Bush at Makeney; Dead Poets at Holbrook; Old Oak at Horsley Woodhouse; Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton; Gate at Brassington; Horseshoes at Long Lane; Flying Childers at Stanton in the Peak; Boat at Cromford; Barley Mow and King's Head at Bonsall; White Lion at Starkholmes; Thorn Tree in Matlock; Plough at Two Dales; Red Lion at Birchover; Bowling Green at Winster; Cock and Pullet at Sheldon; Quiet Woman at Earl Sterndale; Three Stags Heads at Wardlow Mires; Yew Tree at Cauldon.

Its a good list, but the wrong end of the county for me! :D

Its a good list, but the wrong end of the county for me! :D

Sorry, don't know south of Derby as well; New Inn at Shardlow; Harrington Arms at Thulston; Staff of Life at Ticknell. Not been to any of these recently though.

Sorry, don't know south of Derby as well; New Inn at Shardlow; Harrington Arms at Thulston; Staff of Life at Ticknell. Not been to any of these recently though.

I hear good things about the Staff Of Life.

My favourites are Nags Head in Mickleover; Red Lion in Repton; Unicorn in Newton and The Dog and Partridge at Tutbury

I like the Vine in Mickleover.

If you're in that area, Long Lane isn't too far away for the Horseshoes. Recommended for food, beer, garden and general pleasantness.

Also the Joiners at Quarndon; the Tiger at Turnditch; the Puss in Boots on Wirksworth Road, and the Black Horse at Hulland Ward.

If you're in that area, Long Lane isn't too far away for the Horseshoes. Recommended for food, beer, garden and general pleasantness.

Also the Joiners at Quarndon; the Tiger at Turnditch; the Puss in Boots on Wirksworth Road, and the Black Horse at Hulland Ward.

I hear the Vine is good but a bit protective of its locals and doesnt like outsiders!

That sageisback youth knows all the boozers.

Theres a nice pub at ashover.......the crispin inn

I'm not keen on the dead poets, and its yonks since i went to the holly bush.

I hear the Vine is good but a bit protective of its locals and doesnt like outsiders!

I've always found it friendly enough, and a good place to watch football.

The Poet's Corner is a good one to try at Ashover, for the choice of ciders.

They are all cracking pubs. Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton has some wicked old rosie cider. Had many a night in the Gate. Good real ale pubs.

That sageisback youth knows all the boozers.

Theres a nice pub at ashover.......the crispin inn

I'm not keen on the dead poets, and its yonks since i went to the holly bush.

There's another in Ashover called Dead Poets Corner. It's got a big sign outside saying Chesterfield District CAMARA pub of the year.

Last time i went in there for a couple of pints of Ruddles , Zak was running it ..

Called in to the Stables at Monsall Head earlier that's got a few real ales on and some great walks in the area.

Archived