Locking topics?

SalfordRam

Hi. I was rather annoyed to find a topic I had started had been 'Locked'

I'm not sure who decides to lock subject but surely we all have the same rights to discuss topics about OUR club. In particular, which 1 person should have the right to decide whether a subject gets locked when many others are enjoying the thread

I sent this to the person who decided to request my feed to be locked... Am I out of order? perhaps things need to be tweeked in this forum...

Why would you ask for my topic to be locked? Surely the point of 'Transfer talk' is to get people talking a bit. to evoke a bit of passion and emotion and see what peoples thoughts are on certain players etc...

Asking for a topic to be locked is completely un needed, as if you don't like what is in there, don't agree with it or simply don't believe it then simply don't follow it.

There was quite a few people enjoying the feed and talking about it. further more it had nearly a thousand views.... So not sure what right you have to decide something needs blocking, We are all fans and all have the same right to discuss OUR club.

regards,

Salford Ram

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure who decides to lock subject but surely we all have the same rights to discuss topics about OUR club. In particular, which 1 person should have the right to decide whether a subject gets locked when many others are enjoying the thread

I sent this to the person who decided to request my feed to be locked... Am I out of order? perhaps things need to be tweeked in this forum...

Why would you ask for my topic to be locked? Surely the point of 'Transfer talk' is to get people talking a bit. to evoke a bit of passion and emotion and see what peoples thoughts are on certain players etc...

Asking for a topic to be locked is completely un needed, as if you don't like what is in there, don't agree with it or simply don't believe it then simply don't follow it.

There was quite a few people enjoying the feed and talking about it. further more it had nearly a thousand views.... So not sure what right you have to decide something needs blocking, We are all fans and all have the same right to discuss OUR club.

regards,

Salford Ram

A thread is normally locked because it is being discussed elsewhere , if this happens , the moderator ,

should post a link to where the subject is being discussed , i don't know whether this happened with

your topic , SR.. should have  , but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't..

Sack the mods !!

A thread is normally locked because it is being discussed elsewhere , if this happens , the moderator ,

should post a link to where the subject is being discussed , i don't know whether this happened with

your topic , SR.. should have  , but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't..

Sack the mods !!

There was nothing linked. It was simply one person asking for it to be locked. I think we all have equal rights to discuss the club. I could understand it is people were being offensive etc...

Annoying eh?!

You know full well NR ;)

It was my Phil Neville topic

The 'rumours' threads need some degree of substantiation, i.e. a link. Now what you SHOULD have done is to have posted it in a blog, then linked to that.

Whilst I'm not saying this is the case in your claim, but you can get some right numpties suggesting who we're looking at based entirely on unsubstantiated rumours.

Without any base of fact, the transfers section would end up like the football rumours site, where people just list who they'd sign because they bought them once on Football Manager...

Unless it's backed up, it should be in the transfer suggestions topic...

In my opinion...

Them's the rules and I fully agree with the reasoning behind them.

It can be a bit silly when a national newspaper rumour column (so often proven to be total balls) counts as a substantiated source, but hey.. sometimes they're right!

You were clearly so excited at the prospect of sharing your rumour that you failed to have a look around first and get a feel of the status quo and rules ;)

regards,

Salford Ram

Don't you know the rules??

Basically it's link, or GTFO.

Yeah fair enough perhaps I should have put it elsewhere but the reason I posted it is because it was from a reliable source... that's why I am new here, that's why I signed up and that's why I posted it. Perhaps a suggestion that I posted it elsewhere would have been better

In 4 years I wouldn't like to count how many members have come on gone with a couple of posts with reliable sources, mates who know mates who heard from their mates and so on.

If we let those threads go the board would be full of more **** than Billy Davies, people throwing suggestions in there hiding behind a source and so on.

There are a couple of members with a proven track record on here that we will make exceptions for, we're willing to take the risk that 99.9% of the rest are bullshit. Stick around, tho and and if anything comes of it we will reopen the thread and warm humble pie will be served from the mod room.

That's because you habitually spouted nonsense and deliberately contentious stuff Mostyn, slight difference

that's a bit harsh, considering you and others agree with a lot of my posts! 

What you consider 'nonsense' is what someone else might consider 'sense', and vice-versa. That's the whole point, football is subjective. My opinions aren't 'deliberately contentious' at all. I use the forum to voice my opinion, others make idiots of themselves by booing at the game.

Archived