are we safe yet

harwich ram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to win the last 3 games to finish with the same amount of points as last season. I thought we were improving year on year

Yes but this type of thing (points total and league position) is only used when it backs up the year on year improvement idea. When it doesn't we'll just ignore that and make another excuse or use something else to be the judging criteria. In fact it'll probably be argued that year on year improvement was never a criteria at all and we should all be grateful we have the only manager available who could keep our poor sorry club in the championship.

Aug - Dec - decent football. Mostly the better team in every home game. Play decent away without ever really threatening. Early signs are promising. New signings hit ground running

Dec - May - home performances slowly start to worsen. Results become patchy. Football slowly becomes tired survival punt-a-lot as overused squad tires. Away we become pretty poor. Start games willing to play out a bore draw. New signings start to look like last years new signings... And the year before that.

Which season am I talking about?

First correct answer wins nowt

Aug - Dec - decent football. Mostly the better team in every home game. Play decent away without ever really threatening. Early signs are promising. New signings hit ground running

Dec - May - home performances slowly start to worsen. Results become patchy. Football slowly becomes tired survival punt-a-lot as overused squad tires. Away we become pretty poor. Start games willing to play out a bore draw. New signings start to look like last years new signings... And the year before that.

Which season am I talking about?

First correct answer wins nowt

Next season?

how bad is it that we're even talking about survival?! and being 'kept up'.

We should be talking about coming close to a play-off place and maybe a good cup run.

It's a fair point but because of the league the way it is this year. If you take the four points we threw away against the Wendies as an example and we could easily be talking about still in with an outside chance of or just missing out on the play offs too. I take the point though, we shouldn't be even thinking about 'are we safe' at this stage. A bit of conviction after the Boro game and/or a decent signing or two in Jan and I think we'd have been in a position to capitalise on the situation, as it is we're still here looking over our shoulder with a few games to go.

There's always next season... or the one after that... or... :ph34r:

Archived