The main reason we missed out this season!

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always said whilst delivering my opinion on Nigel Clough, that Barcelona could send us one of their first-team players, one per month over the season, and Nigel would still struggle to get us into the top 6! It's my belief that the main thing holding us back is negativity and lack of positive intent.

Because my belief is that very thing, It matters not which players you have, it matters not how much you spend. Quite simply we've been poor against lesser sides with our best players available yet done well against better (than the lesser) sides with our best players missing. This is down to mentality.

You bought up the Coutts losing the ball incident for whatever reason. The comment I made was my belief that the standard/quality of players would make no difference due to the way they are played.

Ah, your belief, in an earlier post you said anyone who doesn't see what you see is blinded by the romance of the Clough name. Reality, i think you said!

Glad you've corrected it to "belief" now.

Others may believe that the manager is managing well......just saying like.......belief, opinions etc.

Feel free to find and quote where I was talking about this topic or on about something totally different.

The main reason we missed out, is we have a poor manager, who isn't good enough to take us above a mid table championship side. 

He doesn't make changes. He has no plan B. 

Couldn't agree more. Blackburn haven't won a game in near enough 2 months and yet we turn up and they roll us over within 45 minutes. Can any one explain why we as a team under clough cannot perform/ win away from home. Every game away from home fills me with dread as I know we will lose pathetically. Our defence is poor and our attack is weak at best.

Couldn't agree more. Blackburn haven't won a game in near enough 2 months and yet we turn up and they roll us over within 45 minutes. Can any one explain why we as a team under clough cannot perform/ win away from home. Every game away from home fills me with dread as I know we will lose pathetically. Our defence is poor and our attack is weak at best.

I've just said something similar. Every other team has recently worked out how to beat Blackburn, why havent we?

It's beyond belief. Admittedly I don't like clough but do we solely blame him for our away day defeats? As much as I would love to blame him, our players are as we've seen in home games, capable of beating near enough everyone in this league, so why are they repeatedly defeated on our travels? I was unsure whether to renew as I'm recently graduated and without a full time career job, I think il save my £300 until we have some ambition!

I think we have to blame, cloughs mentality of negativity, to come up against a team who have not won in ages. He says in Telegraph to keep it tight for 15 to 20 minutes. Why to give the other team, confidence? If you come up against a team lacking in confidence , attack them, make them think oh no we in for another defeat. Our away record under clough must be appaling. Negativity has not worked , lets have a go at them, ffs

Meh, not too downhearted about the loss.

Naff all to play for, now is the time to throw Lelan, Bennett and Wixted in the mix.

I get where your coming from as we won't go down and were never getting into the top 6. But...... This isn't anything new for us. We should be downhearted as this is a regular occurrence. Over his tenure more often than not we have gone away and under performed while not scoring. I honestly don't see this changing next season. Why is it we play the same players and formation regardless of opposition and venue. I don't want to start another anti clough thread so do we start blaming the players? Oh and when are our strikers going to score?

Archived