at last some sense

bucktwo

Well only time will tell. Do you think the sort of players he has been touted as looking at in the last few weeks is a sign of what is to come next season.

Do you not think we have the focal point of a good squad coming together with a few older heads coming in over the summer?

I think you need to keep calm and wait until next season before making a judgement.

NEXT YEAR IS DERBY'S YEAR...

The sort of players 'touted'?? - well, I generally think that we never sign the players we are touted to be looking at, so I will make my judgement when I see which players are signed. But my general opinion is that the mentality will NEVER be positive enough under Clough's management to ever achieve anything other than mediocrity.

Our squad next season could be weaker, with 'potential' sales of Hendrick, Brayford and Hughes. Age is not always the answer over quality and creativity, although we do lack a 'leader'.

As for keeping calm, I am calm, in fact I'm too calm. I don't want to be calm, I want to be excited and don't believe for one minute anything will be different beyond the realms of 'negligible' next season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mostyn,

Is Jeremy Kyle not on this morning or something?

Getting the best out of players...

Ward?????

Brayford??????

Buxton?????

Hendrick?????

Bryson?????

Frank Feilding?????

Cywka?

Maguire?

Martin?

Bueno?

Moxey?

Croft?

Pringle?

I somehow feel next season won't be key and should nothing change next season we will once again hear "next season will be crucial" etc. those types of phrases have been said for a few seasons now.

I think we're in a better position now to improve on so maybe this summer and next season is key.

But I want excitement too, I want to see creativity on the pitch and for us to actually go at teams and try and win a game that's heading for a draw. Lets see if I get my wish.

So what do you expect of next season? Play offs at least?

If that doesnt happen will you admit you were wrong?

Of course I will. I am expecting playoff's at least. I think we have had to ride the storm and we are over the storm now and stability is just part of it.

I'm not saying that I will settle for just being stable I want more as well. I feel we needed to get to a point were we are a club in control and now we can move on.

We will all have to wait until next season to see what happens.

If we buy well in the summer and don't lose to many key players I think that a promotion push is on the cards.

I also think that next year is make or break for Clough and I think he is aware of this fact as well.

I somehow feel next season won't be key and should nothing change next season we will once again hear "next season will be crucial" etc. those types of phrases have been said for a few seasons now.

I think we're in a better position now to improve on so maybe this summer and next season is key.

But I want excitement too, I want to see creativity on the pitch and for us to actually go at teams and try and win a game that's heading for a draw. Lets see if I get my wish.

Your right and I think you will get your wish.

Cywka?

Maguire?

Martin?

Bueno?

Moxey?

Croft?

Pringle?

What was the total cost of transfer fees for ALL of those creative wonders that he was unable to get the best of?

If the best the clough "haters" can do is throw up Maguire, Cywka, Martin and Pringle, pringle??? for gods sake man, pringle cost us a set of tracksuits and a bag of nuts.

You just make yourself look like a total clown.

What was the total cost of transfer fees for ALL of those creative wonders that he was unable to get the best of?

If the best the clough "haters" can do is throw up Maguire, Cywka, Martin and Pringle, pringle??? for gods sake man, pringle cost us a set of tracksuits and a bag of nuts.

So because no transfer fee was involved, that's excusable for not getting the best out of them?

Dude, your the clown if anyone on here.

Cywka: And is he now a better player than when he was at Derby? Playing at Barnsley who are close to the drop zone..? Has flitcroft got the best out of him??

Maguire: Turning up trees at Wednesday? 1 goal in five apperances... how many games are there in a season????

Martin: What about him? he's had how long to work with him so far and he has had 2 goals ruled out unfairly. 8 games played 1 goal should be 3 not a bad return....

Beuno: Was a loan player never staying at Derby was brought in to give some flair and create which he did. He didn't like the cold  so if we were a club in spain it would of worked out fine... He also had issues with mentaility IMO as when on a losing streak he couldn't play as well.

Moxey: What about him? he was a cheap player to plug a gap which he done. We sold him to Crystal Palace where he is not a regular. therefore is not a brillant player in the Championship I.e. the reason we sold him.  

Croft: We tried to buy a player to give us something on the right wing and in dead ball situations again another player to plug a gap. Now playing at a lower level.

All these players where brought in as cheap buys to keep the club going whilst we got rid of dead wood and got the club back to the correct state of running without parachute payments.

They were never brought to set the league on fire.

We now have assets that we could sell if need be or keep to improve us as a club.

Since leaving Derby, Ben Pringle has forged himself a very good career at Rotherham who are currently vying for promotion so could well be playing League 1 next season. He is actually a decent player and I could well see him playing Championship football in the future. Its a shame we didn't have the time to let him blossom, maybe he wanted to leave to get first team experience?! One thing is for sure though, if he turns out to be a competent Championship player, haters will blame Clough for letting him go.

Cywka: And is he now a better player than when he was at Derby? Playing at Barnsley who are close to the drop zone..? Has flitcroft got the best out of him??

Maguire: Turning up trees at Wednesday? 1 goal in five apperances... how many games are there in a season????

Martin: What about him? he's had how long to work with him so far and he has had 2 goals ruled out unfairly. 8 games played 1 goal should be 3 not a bad return....

Beuno: Was a loan player never staying at Derby was brought in to give some flair and create which he did. He didn't like the cold so if we were a club in spain it would of worked out fine... He also had issues with mentaility IMO as when on a losing streak he couldn't play as well.

Moxey: What about him? he was a cheap player to plug a gap which he done. We sold him to Crystal Palace where he is not a regular. therefore is not a brillant player in the Championship I.e. the reason we sold him.

Croft: We tried to buy a player to give us something on the right wing and in dead ball situations again another player to plug a gap. Now playing at a lower level.

All these players where brought in as cheap buys to keep the club going whilst we got rid of dead wood and got the club back to the correct state of running without parachute payments.

They were never brought to set the league on fire.

We now have assets that we could sell if need be or keep to improve us as a club.

If they are that bad a player, then why did Clough sign them in the first place? Did there career just go down the pan the moment they all turned up at Moor Farm or something.

I answer that by saying temporary signings on low wages to keep the club going.... and buy us time to get rid of the big wages and try to stay in the Championship.

All of this on a shoe string with a bunch of fans who  can't understand what we were doing and hurling abuse like a bunch of monkeys hanging from a tree.

If they are that bad a player, then why did Clough sign them in the first place? Did there career just go down the pan the moment they all turned up at Moor Farm or something.

So are you complaining about him signing them?

Are you complaining that he didnt get the best out of them?

Are you complaining that he let them go?

Are you complaining that he wasted too much money on those players?

I'm off for a couple of minutes,  I need to make a sign with arrows for arse and elbow. it's clear you don't know yours.

Temporary? We chased Chris Maguire all Summer, finally coughed up 400,000 then six months later loaned him off to Portsmouth (a side riddled in debt, therefore doubt they paid a penny in wages) .

Then for this "temporary" master plan, we sell him to Sheffield Wednesday for half the fee we paid less than a year later.

Of course I will. I am expecting playoff's at least. I think we have had to ride the storm and we are over the storm now and stability is just part of it.

I'm not saying that I will settle for just being stable I want more as well. I feel we needed to get to a point were we are a club in control and now we can move on.

We will all have to wait until next season to see what happens.

If we buy well in the summer and don't lose to many key players I think that a promotion push is on the cards.

I also think that next year is make or break for Clough and I think he is aware of this fact as well.

It's a good sign that even staunch Clough supporters are expecting play offs next season. I wonder how many others agree with you. 

So are you complaining about him signing them?

Are you complaining that he didnt get the best out of them?

Are you complaining that he let them go?

Are you complaining that he wasted too much money on those players?

I'm off for a couple of minutes,  I need to make a sign with arrows for arse and elbow. it's clear you don't know yours.

Cya, don't forget to make another lame arse bird record.

Archived