A Good Summer-(Good Buys Suggestions)

DcfcMadness12

Im going off who we have been linked to throughout the season.

First team

Johnny Russell-Very quick and an score-The Sun

Gregg Cunningham-Young but Irish International-Bristol City are bound to get relegated now-Various

Alex Baptiste-Knows a lot of the team and Barker wont be playing 90 until after Christmas.-People

Judge-Very good player best in league 1 iMO-Good age-Various

Will Grigg-Very Lively and good finisher-Sky sports

A Hard Midfielder not linked with one yet.

U21s

Jon taylor-Very quick and a lot of potential-Sky sports/echo

Marc Mcnulty-could be a gem-Looks like Joe mason-Various

U18s

Like Charles verham we have been looking at lower league clubs academy's and have invited

a Cheltenham town and Bristol rovers youngsters to have trials during the summer. Posted in their local

Papers

In terms of Players linked with moves away. I would mind if we sold Hughes for top dollar and had him back on loan for the season or until January. But to loose brayford or hendrick would push us right back in terms of progress.I just hope Deeney isn't here come the start of the season you could offer 4 Youth players deals with his wage.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grigg would be ace. Even better that he's taken 6 penos this season and converted each one ;)

I believe we need

A goalscoring striker - I think Grigg would be a good signing. Cheap as he's out of contract so only a small fee would be required. Second top scorer in the league below and only 21. We can obviously get someone more proven but then we're talking a couple of mil and he's been linked with prem sides so might not happen. 

CH - Baptise would be fantastic. Could slot into fullback positions and has experience at this level. Out of contract so free but probably high wages and lots of competition for his signature

LB - Forsyth for me. Cheap and versatile - Cloughie all over.   

CM - Experience. Can't really think of many to fit the bill but experience is needed, whether that's in this league or higher...

Winger - Need another option, someone with a bit of pace.

I expect Hughes to go. As long as the money is spent wisely I'm not to fussed

I'd like Cunningham, you don't play for Man City if your a bad player, although he signed a 4 year contract with Bristol City in the summer so I doubt we'll get him. Can probably see us getting Forsyth and saving a few £££.

A lot of rumours going round saying we're looking at Alex Baptiste. He's from the local area, not sure if that would hold any ground in our favour, but he's a good centre half and was very highly rated by Ian Holloway, and I'd personally love him here. With OB out for a good few months and Barker probably not being back fully fit (if he does, fingers crossed) until Christmas, another centre back would be a welcome and finally have some strength in that area. 

Striker is the main one for me, with Robinson and Tyson likely to leave that only really leaves us with Sammon, Ward Martin (if he signs), Bennett and Doyle (God help us). So a striker who can score goals whether that be Grigg or whoever, I'd like someone who has scored goals, a natural finisher!

John Brayford on a new contract would be like a new signing!

I don't think we really need to be looking at any more youngsters, with 10 set to sign professional contracts which is a lot, usually theres only 3 or 4, I don't think we need to be focusing on this area as much. We have a foundation, of good youth players, leave that to the academy, we need to get the first team right this summer!

I think our view on youngsters is a lot different to other teams as we play 16 years olds.As it Ps me off when they keep bringing it up on Match of the day about aston villa being young they are all 23/24 that's not young they are just using that as an excuse to say they are not very good.

Madden would require a larger fee as he would still be contracted 

Well, they better get some money out then!

It's now or never, we're at a stage now where we need to get some quality in.

What about Tom Pope? Heard a few good things from him, scoring goals for fun in League 2, not sure how we'll do in the Champ.

What about Tom Pope? Heard a few good things from him, scoring goals for fun in League 2, not sure how we'll do in the Champ.

Agreed. Maybe not Pope but we need to fork out cash for a striker, no doubt 

Would we like him ...... decent goal scorer ...... is the Pope catholic????

Madden for me, and we would probably get him if Yeovil don't go up.

We've already got a player suggestion thread that Clough can look through for suggestions..  :ph34r:

A good summer, is far from spending a shed load on players... well a good summer for the club would be cutting the wage bill considerably - whilst improving no end on the pitch, hopefully bringing in players that will only go up in value, and therefore profitable players in the eyes of the club and bulking up in key positions and and having sufficient back up.

Considerable growth in the players currently at the club, and shipping out some of the wasteful bulk for preferably profit, or decent sums. 

A good summer isn't easy to come by, not for a team in our position. 

Archived