Tactics.

TroyDyer

Hasn't Theo had three shots on target in 8 apps for Hudders? He isn't the answer to anything.

Had a mate I brought along to the game as a neutral, he said our standout player was Bryson, and second to him was probably Sammon. He didn't get why he got so much hate. His exact words were that he looked like a competent Championship striker short of confidence. I'm inclined to agree.

Sammon's turn and that one on one he created from it very quickly turned into a half-chance, because he took an extra touch due to not having the confidence to shoot. His next one on one looked rush. He was also thoroughly p1ssed off with the linesman for flagging his assist offside and had a few words to say to him...

With confidence and luck, Sammon would have had a brace and an assist yesterday, and those are two things he doesn't have. I remember the camera shot of him after Coutts' goal against Leeds, when he ran back to the centre circle rather than joining in with the celebrations. He was kind of smiling, yeah, but also kind of grimacing, and his whole body language just said "oh ******, I've missed again".

The man needs a holiday in a country where no one has heard of Derby County and a good pre-season. He's not going to come good this season, if he ever does.

Wales ??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is, we're a global brand.

I wasn't warming to the idea of getting Theo back btw. Just saying that you can see where we are struggling just by seeing threads about an average Champ striker like Theo.

I think out of everybody on this forum, including the forest fans, I have never actively disliked a person as much as Troy. He honestly doesn't come across as a Derby supporter. I hope I don't end up like him :(

Troy and Mostyn are about on par with each other. They make me laugh though. They're certainly not top of the 'likey' league.

We dominated but as has been said that was largely due to how poor Ipswich were. We didn't play great. I'd Bryson had a good game, our back 4 (apart from just letting the lad run half the pitch for their goal) but that was due to Ipswich being so poor. I thought Sammon did alright...for Sammon.

But for all our "dominance" we still a huge amount of nothing lofted balls to nobody/Sammon/down the flanks. These balls do nothing the majority of the time. Sammon jumps under any at actuall go towards him, most are to nobody and the others are down the flanks and also do nothing. I got incredibly frustrated at these hopeful knocks. More so when you consider how good we looked in the first 15 mins or so. We passed it and played some good balls. Then, especially in the 2nd half, is was the same old lofted rubbish. But then what else are we going to do with Sammon and Martin up top? Both so similar, Sammon was better than Martin yesterday and Martin should have come off. What I don't get is at the start of the season Ward was being talked up as a striker, he comes back and Davies loses his place after a good game and we stick with what is effectively two "Heskey" types up top. Why not stick Ward or Bennet up top with one of them and let Davies keep his place? Then some of those balls in the first half might well have had someone to run onto them.

As for the subs. I was frustrated at that. For me we were dominating and think some fresh legs could well had given Ipswich more to worry about. But no sub until the 79th minute and then it was two just to replace tired legs.

Both my ideas above could have resulted in us getting thrashed, I'm not a manager but both of the above frustrated the hell out of me (and Fieldings rubbish distribution - please stop hoofing it!!). It was a poor Ipswich side who should have been beaten.

Troy and Mostyn are about on par with each other. They make me laugh though. They're certainly not top of the 'likey' league.

The similarity is uncanny. Troy is the air on the top of Mostyn's half-empty glass. 

Archived