Football Coaching Course

SSD

Morning All,

I really fancy looking at football coaching courses, but I have no idea which one to choose as there seems to be a huge variety and it's a little confusing. Not sure on how much they would cost either.

I want to get involved in coaching because of my bad experiences I had playing footy as an 8-9 year old. I played for a team who were just a local team just up the street from where I used to live. Me and my best mate went training every Tuesday night and we both really enjoyed it. However when it came to the actual game on the Sunday, we never got played. Maybe the odd 5-10 mins, but we never started a match. The manager was so competitive and it wasn't as if it was a great team, we were ****, but me and my mate never got the chance to play a football match and prove the manager what we could do. He made us feel worthless and it nearly lost all my passion for football as a kid.

Luckily I joined another team, who helped me become a decent footballer, and eventually when I got into my teens, winning awards, all because they let everyone, no matter how good there were, a game of footy. The team was changed every single match, so everyone got the chance to play a competitive game, instead of rotting away on the bench.

I want to bring the good experiences and success of when I was playing football in my teens, back into coaching the primary school kids, giving them the confidence to get into football or any sport and show them they can achieve anything. Something which I never got as a young lad.

Anyway that's the X Factor sob story over! Thanks for reading, any advice would be great :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FA Level 1. Look on the Derbyshire FA website, there are courses everywhere. This will give you the basics ie appropriate coaching. Level 2 will help you coach to an ability to increase player skill levels.

Archived