2013 Formula One World Championship

CumbrianRam

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ferrari have admitted that Fernando Alonso has been admonished by the company's president.

The team said Luca Di Montezemolo phoned the driver on Monday to wish him a happy birthday but also "tweaked his ear" for his "latest comments".

Ferrari have not revealed which remarks by Alonso, 32, upset Di Montezemolo.

But when he was asked what birthday present he would like after finishing fifth in Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix, Alonso replied: "Someone else's car."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23495111

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Daniel Ricciardo is going to be confirmed by Red Bull at Spa, rumours about Raikkonen back to Ferrari after they sacked him in 2009.

Also rumours about financial crises at Sauber and Lotus, but Sauber have been bailed out by some Russians but there maybe an 18 year Russian kid driving the Sauber next year, in Formula Reno now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Sirotkin_%28racing_driver%29

Spa is next week, going to be interesting too see if the break and new tyres have shaked up the order they did a bit Hungary with McLaren, Mercedes and Williams looking better with Ferrari, Force India dropping back.

• 2 weeks later...

My Niece and Nephews have just spent the day in London, waiting outside the Odeon for the Premier of Rush - Jenson has signed their shirts and they've got Chris Hemsworths signature for my daughter - not for Rush  but THOR or summat..I dunno.

Fair play to them, they love F1, although I don't think it will ever be as exciting as in them days.

I said the other day, 'so, the films about James Hunt and Nikki??....' Lauda.....NIKKI???  Lauda.....Nikkii??

Not many times a joke comes round again eh? spose it loses something in the typing...

Vettel  on pole again with Webber and the Hulk behind.

Disaster for Hamilton who failed to get a decent lap in and starts 12th. Raikkonen also struggled and starts 11th with his team-mate Grosjean in 13th.

Other talking points - Alonso getting stroppy with his team and Massa for not helping him out with the slip-stream in qualifying. He starts fifth.

Sutil held Hamilton up on his last lap. Feud spilling onto the track?

And my favourite bit was Webber reminding everyone in the press conference that he is not retiring.

Massa confirms he aint gonna be driving for Ferrari next year, don't see any F1 seats he can go to, probably move to DTM or IndyCar don't think he is the type that will do well in endurance racing.

Agreed. Mind you, the same thing was said of Kobayashi.

Lotus are going to struggle to get a driver with any experience but they're going to go for Hulk first who would probably race with a front running team for free now. Not really sure what options are left on the table for him.

The first round of 2014 could be the first race not to have a Brazilian driver in it since 1968.

Archived