season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've refrained from making any furhter comments until now, because frankly, some of the comments being made are at best ill informed and very distasteful and highly offensive to 'disabled' people and at worst may even be considered 'hate crime' against disabled people. I believe in free speech, but people need to understand that when they comment on a 'public' forum, they are responsible for what they print and if they break the law they can not hide behind their key board and think they are safe and anonymous behind their forum name.

I'm not going to force my personal opinion and argue with peoples opinions, but I will negate some of the incorrect statements being made on this forum with some actual 'facts'.

1, A disabled season ticket is not a 2 for one concesssion. a disabled season ticket is a single ticket for the applicant. Where a disabled season ticket holder requires 'care support', as they are unable to 'care' for themselves independently, then Derby County will provide an additional season ticket for the 'carer', whose sole role is to provide that care for the disabled season ticket holder. Whether a 'carer' is a Derby County fan or even a football fan is of no relevance whatsoever to their role and function, as they are present to to solely provide carer supportt to the disabled seaso ticket holder

2. The disabled season ticket holder does not have to have a 'carer' if they don't need one. Many disabled people can manage their own care needs. However Derby County do not provide and do not want to provide care support to any season ticket holders, but do have a duty of care to all season ticket holders.

3. Many disabled season ticket holders 'personal carers' are not related, they are paid by the disabled season ticket holder an hourly rate to provide that care support.

4. Many disabled season ticket holders require 'specific requirements' to be able to attend match's, as they can not use 'ordinary' facilities, such as an ordinary seat. Many are unable to ambulate in different ways and many are wheelchair users. Disabled season ticket holders who are not able to utilise 'ordinary' spectator facilities are restricted to where they can be in the stadium. In principle, I agree that if a 'disabled' season ticket holder does not need any 'specific special facilities' and can ordinarily access 'ordinary seating facilities' of their choice anywhere in the ground then they should be deemed as 'ordinary' season ticket holders and should expect to pay the equivalent 'age related' purchase price of a season ticket anywhere in the ground.

5. Where a disabled person requires a 'special facility' due to their disability needs, they do not ha the same choice as every other season ticket holder. They can only go where those facilities are.

6. Age has no bearing whatsoever to what those disability need facilities are. The common element is that of the 'facilitiy'

7. Those specific disabled facilities are not available to non disabled season ticket holders and can not be sold to non disabled season ticket holders. They are not available i every part of the ground.

8. If a disabled season ticket holder is expected to pay the same purchase cost as non disabled season ticket holders, then it is reasonable for them to expect to have the same choices as non disabled season ticket holders, but they do not have the same choices.

9. A disabled person on application of a season ticket requiring specific facilities, has to provide 'specific evidence' to support their need to access these disabled facilities. Without such supporting evidence they are not allowed to access these 'specific facilities'. No other season ticket holder applicant is asked to provide this information.

10. Derby County have not consulted with the DCDSC (Derby County Disabled Supporters Club), which demonstrates such contempt. Derby County did not attend DCDSC AGM which took place last night.

There are approximately 600 current disabled season ticket holders or which approximately 300 disabled season ticket holders who are not able to access 'ordinary seating' facilities and utilise specific disabled facilities.

The broad consensus from the many disabled season ticket holders that I have spoken to, is that they will not be renewing there season tickets for next season. As many of the people I have had discussions with currently occupy wheelchair spaces that can not be used by non disabled season ticket holders, those places will remain un used.

This season my season ticket cost £190 and £60 for disabled parking bay and £25 for Club Membership = £275. Next season they want to charge me £425 for my season ticket and £150 for disabled parking bay and £30 for club membership = £605 as an early bird renewable and £640 after April 14th.

As I have said before, On my last game at Pride Park, I will tie my DCFC scarf to the railing in front of my wheelchair space on the raised wheelchair platform in the South West corner and will never return.

A sad ending to one chapter in my life, but I'm sure another chapter will open somewhere else.

I wish Derby County all the best for the future.

The promotion 'spin' accorded to next seasons season ticket sales campaign of DNA (Derby Now Always), has been taken to actually mean 'Disabled Not Attractive'

Every sympathy for the likes of Eddie who have had the rug pulled from under the looked forward to OAP reductions carpet which incidentally is not half price now as it used to be. Cheaper in South Stand now. Lots of OAP singers. OAPS make the most noise away. Roll on Sheff Wed. PS I was singing in the Bridgeford end at Forest. Its not just the younguns who sing and get excited.

Not bothered about me - more concerned about disabled fans.

'There have also been changes to the disabled ticketing policy, with details communicated to all disabled supporters over the course of the last 18 months.'

Can anyone comment on this?

Why, when everything I said turned out to be absolutely true, did you ask ME to comment further on the seniors pricing changes yesterday because in your own mind you still felt that I was wrong? You were just being confrontational for the sake of it. When I replied to say that nothing had changed and that you should clarify, you just backed off, never replied and started the same nonsense with someone else.

Why, when everything I said turned out to be absolutely true, did you ask ME to comment further on the seniors pricing changes yesterday because in your own mind you still felt that I was wrong? You were just being confrontational for the sake of it. When I replied to say that nothing had changed and that you should clarify, you just backed off, never replied and started the same nonsense with someone else.

Sorry I hold my hands up and had mis-read the article yesterday, I thought it said no increases for seniors, I was wrong and apologise.

Now have these increases been communicated over 18 months with the disabled supporters?

Sorry I hold my hands up and had mis-read the article yesterday, I thought it said no increases for seniors, I was wrong and apologise.

Now have these increases been communicated over 18 months with the disabled supporters?

Not a jot, I believe. I am reliably informed that no consultation at all has taken place - and soothsayer just revealed in the 'Season ticket prices' thread that the club did not even attend the DCDSA AGM lest night, and that they have tripled his disabled vehicles parking fee as well as doubling his season ticket price.

Since the ex-agent and spiv Sam Rush arrived on the scene, Derby County are in danger of appearing to be a truly uncaring club. At the moment I have a team to support, of course, but I am beginning to dislike the current regime to the point of contempt. I think that they are just out of touch - it cannot possibly be a deliberate policy.

Can it?

Not a jot, I believe. I am reliably informed that no consultation at all has taken place - and soothsayer just revealed in the 'Season ticket prices' thread that the club did not even attend the DCDSA AGM lest night, and that they have tripled his disabled vehicles parking fee as well as doubling his season ticket price.

Since the ex-agent and spiv Sam Rush arrived on the scene, Derby County are in danger of appearing to be a truly uncaring club. At the moment I have a team to support, of course, but I am beginning to dislike the current regime to the point of contempt. I think that they are just out of touch - it cannot possibly be a deliberate policy.

Can it?

Well if what you say is true, and I don'd doubt you for one minute, then the club need calling to task. The quote I posted was taken from our official site and is the words of Sam Rush.

I imagine that he will have a lot of questions to answer and that every single disabled supporter will be complaining about this lie.

Hi all, Regarding the season ticket price increase for disabled supporters we were all made aware this was going to happen 12 months ago so it is nothing new. However my only gripe is that my son and daughter who have Downs Syndrome are now going to have to pay the full adult rate, they are only children at heart and possibly functioning between 9 and 11 yrs of age and this will never improve. They can't go anywhere on their own due to their vulnerability. We do get a carer seat allocated to them both and we are always very well received. I appreciate I will have to pay his extra money as they do not have the funds and there is no way I would stop them both going as they would not understand the reasons. I for one will be renewing over the next few days .

Just checked online and it appears that my seat in the East Upper will increase from £425 to £455 as a result of being recategorised from B to A. I'm not too happy about that as an increase - has this recategorisation been publicised anywhere previously?

For myself, I shall now stop buying programmes and food in the ground, and I will also stop having a bet together with not paying for Rams membership, which all in all will make me better off and the club worse off. I'll show them!!

Can't help thinking that the post earlier in this thread about the ground becoming more like Bolton's, Middlesbrough's, Coventry's etc and being half full will actually happen.

Well if what you say is true, and I don'd doubt you for one minute, then the club need calling to task. The quote I posted was taken from our official site and is the words of Sam Rush.

I imagine that he will have a lot of questions to answer and that every single disabled supporter will be complaining about this lie.

On it.

Hi all, Regarding the season ticket price increase for disabled supporters we were all made aware this was going to happen 12 months ago so it is nothing new. However my only gripe is that my son and daughter who have Downs Syndrome are now going to have to pay the full adult rate, they are only children at heart and possibly functioning between 9 and 11 yrs of age and this will never improve. They can't go anywhere on their own due to their vulnerability. We do get a carer seat allocated to them both and we are always very well received. I appreciate I will have to pay his extra money as they do not have the funds and there is no way I would stop them both going as they would not understand the reasons. I for one will be renewing over the next few days .

I have been misinformed then, and have been creating a stink over nothing.

When I spoke to my sister, she didn't know anything about it.

I shall now back out of this thread.

I'm sure disabled supporters would love to be ale to sit where they want, and do other things that they can't.

But we aren't going to go down that road on this forum.

I don't have a S/T and am unable to travel long distances.Due to health issues,even if I were back living in Derby I might not be able to attend,certainly not on a regular basis,and that would break my heart.

However,I want to cast my mind back to when I was Derby based and a S/T holder.I wouldn't have cared a jot if the disabled had been allowed in FREE and a small premium had been put onto everybody else's tickets to 'pay' for it,because that's the kind of society I'd want to be part of (and the kind of club I'd want to be part of).

I feel sick to the core that the disabled should feel the need to come onto a forum to defend themselves.It's quite clear that some long term supporters that love the club are about to be badly hit

In Ireland,the attack on the disabled has come indirectly via the carers (as though this wouldn't directly impact the disabled-what a joke),all to help deal with the flawed greed of others.I'm pleased to say there was widespread disgust,even from those on very low incomes,who themselves had been badly hit.Now I'm not trying to draw an analogy between this and what's happening at our club,but I would say I find both cases distasteful.

I wish those concerned the very best,and hope some kind of compromise may be reached and that dignity may be restored.

I'm not myself classed as 'disabled'.

PS In light of recent posts,I wouldn't care if they were informed 12 months ago-it still doesn't make it right in my eyes.

Just checked online and it appears that my seat in the East Upper will increase from £425 to £455 as a result of being recategorised from B to A. I'm not too happy about that as an increase - has this recategorisation been publicised anywhere previously?

For myself, I shall now stop buying programmes and food in the ground, and I will also stop having a bet together with not paying for Rams membership, which all in all will make me better off and the club worse off. I'll show them!!

Can't help thinking that the post earlier in this thread about the ground becoming more like Bolton's, Middlesbrough's, Coventry's etc and being half full will actually happen.

Nice idea on the stance but only the programme element of your plan will have any effect on the club!

I don't have a S/T and am unable to travel long distances.Due to health issues,even if I were back living in Derby I might not be able to attend,certainly not on a regular basis,and that would break my heart.

However,I want to cast my mind back to when I was Derby based and a S/T holder.I wouldn't have cared a jot if the disabled had been allowed in FREE and a small premium had been put onto everybody else's tickets to 'pay' for it,because that's the kind of society I'd want to be part of (and the kind of club I'd want to be part of).

I feel sick to the core that the disabled should feel the need to come onto a forum to defend themselves.It's quite clear that some long term supporters that love the club are about to be badly hit

In Ireland,the attack on the disabled has come indirectly via the carers (as though this wouldn't directly impact the disabled-what a joke),all to help deal with the flawed greed of others.I'm pleased to say there was widespread disgust,even from those on very low incomes,who themselves had been badly hit.Now I'm not trying to draw an analogy between this and what's happening at our club,but I would say I find both cases distasteful.

I wish those concerned the very best,and hope some kind of compromise may be reached and that dignity may be restored.

I'm not myself classed as 'disabled'.

PS In light of recent posts,I wouldn't care if they were informed 12 months ago-it still doesn't make it right in my eyes.

I agree to a certain extent.

What I would say though if this move has been known about for 12 months, that has either given people time to save money the money up if possible, raise the point and get people on their side or boycott last season so the club knew they were unhappy.

IMO the time for raising this point is not on the day that prices, which may have been known for 12 months, are released into the public domain.

What I would say though if this move has been known about for 12 months, that has either given people time to save money the money up if possible, raise the point and get people on their side or boycott last season so the club knew they were unhappy.

IMO the time for raising this point is not on the day that prices, which may have been known for 12 months, are released into the public domain.

If they'd stirred it up a year ago,I've no doubt it would have been forgotten by now and some would be saying 'not that again'.

It's all very well saying they could have saved up in advance,but that would effectively have meant that they'd have been paying the current price,but spread over 12 months.I've no doubt that some simply won't be able to afford the rise,that others might be able,but decline on principle,and that others will renew.

I remember years ago a UK MP going on about how anyone should be able to live ok on benefits (till he tried it himself),and the same thing has happened in Ireland with a TD who couldn't hack it when push came to shove. A couple of hundred quid (even spread over a year) is a lot for someone who may rely on benefit only.I even start to feel guilty talking about something that would be demeaning to those concerned,and an erosion of dignity,so I'm out of the thread unless challenged on something.

I think the reason my sister didn't realise that they had been told last season, and therefore wasn't able to tell me so, was that she didn't have a season ticket last season at all so wasn't in a position to be told, what with having just had a severe stroke. She had more important things to do, like fight for her life.

I think the reason my sister didn't realise that they had been told last season, and therefore wasn't able to tell me so, was that she didn't have a season ticket last season at all so wasn't in a position to be told, what with having just had a severe stroke. She had more important things to do, like fight for her life.

Fair enough but as pointed out there are approximately 600 other disabled fans. They can't be that bothered about price increases or surely the matter would have been discussed between the group and the club?

And to say that Sam Rush didn't attend their meeting last night is pretty much irrelevant knowing that prices had already been leaked.

Archived