season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My seat has gone up by £95 (£155 last to £250). They have recategorised the seats. The yellow seats in rows 1 to 3 from the front were low priced and occupied by many pensioners like myself. We put up with getting wet happily accepting this as a condition of paying a low price. I have sent them a tweet to say that I do not want to sit in the Director's box and at £250 for seat BB333 I won't be sitting there either.!!

I have this morning received my 'next year season ticket' renewal pack in the post. I am pretty devastated and shell shocked. I currently sit on a wheelchair raised platform in SW Corner. I've been there for the last 9 years and a season ticket holder for nearly 30 yrs. The new pricing structure for my 'disabled' piece of concrete ( I come in my own chair ) means that I am being asked to pay £425 for an early bird renewal before 14th April 2013. This years season ticket cost £190. This represents an increase of 124% and if I don't renew as an early bird, or am a new season ticket holder, it will cost me £460, which represents an increase of 142%.

With great regret, I simply can not afford this on my megre disability benefits. I live a very frugal lifestyle and one of my only pleasures is to be able to watch my beloved Derby County. Derby County have in the past been very good and provided me with great disabled facilities to be able to follow 'my team' and I am very greatful to them for that. However, I will not be able to renew my season ticket again, so this is my last season of watching Derby County. I'll just have to find something else to do and I'll probably now go and watch Mickleover Sports.

I will tie my scarf to the railings in front of where I sit, at my final home game v Peterborough on Sat 20th April, as I can not make the final game v Millwall.

A very, very sad day for me indeed.

The disabled category price rise is very emotive and I'm surprised they've even thought about going there.

As plenty of people have pointed out, there is no generalisation when it comes to being disabled. You only have to walk out the ground along the front row of the East Stand to see the wide range of disabilities.

If the club really think that they have a problem with a minority of people "scamming" disabled tickets then they would surely be better placed to address it with individuals rather than hammer every disabled supporter with a price rise.

At the end of the day, disabled people live with their disability 7 days a week and face a whole host of challenges that non-disabled people can barely imagine. So if they get to watch a football match once a fortnight at a greatly reduced price then who should complain? Not me.

If there are people taking advantage of disabled pricing when they have no real claim then they must have it on their conscience

My seat has gone up by £95 (£155 last to £250). They have recategorised the seats. The yellow seats in rows 1 to 3 from the front were low priced and occupied by many pensioners like myself. We put up with getting wet happily accepting this as a condition of paying a low price. I have sent them a tweet to say that I do not want to sit in the Director's box and at £250 for seat BB333 I won't be sitting there either.!!

looks like they are not honouring old categories for renewals - the ********

I sit in one of the East Lower seats that was inexplicably re-categorised from C to B a few seasons back. So far they have always honoured the original category price if you renew before the Early Bird deadline.

Not had my pack yet, but if they're trying to make me pay the B price, then I'll be most unhappy and moving seats under protest.

I think that the general consensus as far as disabled supporters is concerned is 'poor show, Derby County'. Whoever dreamed this one up must be completely and utterly bonkers.

I reckon it'll be Ilkeston for us next season.

I don't think its anything to do with scamming tickets. Its just a way of pissing off the minority to keep the majority happy.

Forest dropped disabled ticket discounts two years ago - and to qualify for a carer there you have to get and prove you get high rate DLA.

Not sure we should be copying gump policy on anything.Whilst I understand your second sentence,I can't believe that the majority would be happy that one of the minority groups targeted appears to be the disabled.

I wonder how many disabled season tickets are sold. If the number is pretty low it seems to me that the club have scored a huge own goal for little financial gain. Of course it could be that they suspect that lots of people are fraudulently claiming such discounts, but there must be an easy method of asking people for proof. Much better to do that than be seen to be kicking a vulnerable group.

I wonder how many disabled season tickets are sold. If the number is pretty low it seems to me that the club have scored a huge own goal for little financial gain. Of course it could be that they suspect that lots of people are fraudulently claiming such discounts, but there must be an easy method of asking people for proof. Much better to do that than be seen to be kicking a vulnerable group.

The flip side to that is 'are all available places currently taken,and is there a wating list to get in?' If the answer is yes,then they might think they could replace non renewers from such waiting list.

If the tests applied to get DB are so stringent,I can't really see how scammers could be a problem-the weeding out work's already been done for them.

The flip side to that is 'are all available places currently taken,and is there a wating list to get in?' If the answer is yes,then they might think they could replace non renewers from such waiting list.

If the tests applied to get DB are so stringent,I can't really see how scammers could be a problem-the weeding out work's already been done for them.

Derby County - We welcome the disabled, as long as they're rich. If we let those poor ones in we'll never be able to afford enough champagne in the boardroom.

The more I think about the Disabled price hike the more I think that the club's issue is actually with the "carer" who effectively gets a free season ticket. Essentially an able person is getting in for nothing and all they have to do is look after a disabled person...(I'm being facetious here before you start on me)

I'm surprised the club haven't gone down the path of the free tickets for under-12s thing

Disabled people! Get a free season ticket with every full price season ticket purchased by your carer!

Derby County - We welcome the disabled, as long as they're rich. If we let those poor ones in we'll never be able to afford enough champagne in the boardroom.

You seem to have grasped what I was thinking (but not saying outright),Cornwall !

Putting this issue to one side,it's rather clever what they might appear to be doing.These adjustments to the minority appear to be pretty high in percentage terms.They upset the minority,but don't face the revolt from the majority that might come from an accross the board price rise.If they continue along this route year by year,they'll have effectively imposed (by stealth) fairly decent price rises on a lot of fans.....then,in a few years' time can come the announcement that there hasn't been a price rise for years,and it's now time for one.

The message may be 'if you've escaped this year,your number may be up next year' .High ground may be the safest place (for the moment).Reminds me a lot of government manipulation of tax bands,without raising tax rates.

The more I think about the Disabled price hike the more I think that the club's issue is actually with the "carer" who effectively gets a free season ticket. Essentially an able person is getting in for nothing and all they have to do is look after a disabled person...(I'm being facetious here before you start on me)

I'm surprised the club haven't gone down the path of the free tickets for under-12s thing

Disabled people! Get a free season ticket with every full price season ticket purchased by your carer!

I suppose the acid test is 'would the carer be paying to watch the Rams if not carrying out his/her duties?' If the answer is 'yes',then it represents a perk.On the other hand,if the carer had no interest in football,should he/she be made to pay for carrying out the duty ?(and, more to the point,who would/should end up paying?).

It was an attack on carers that caused all the recent trouble in Ireland.

You seem to have grasped what I was thinking (but not saying outright),Cornwall !

Putting this issue to one side,it's rather clever what they might appear to be doing.These adjustments to the minority appear to be pretty high in percentage terms.They upset the minority,but don't face the revolt from the majority that might come from an accross the board price rise.If they continue along this route year by year,they'll have effectively imposed (by stealth) fairly decent price rises on a lot of fans.....then,in a few years' time can come the announcement that there hasn't been a price rise for years,and it's now time for one.

The message may be 'if you've escaped this year,your number may be up next year' .High ground may be the safest place (for the moment).Reminds me a lot of government manipulation of tax bands,without raising tax rates.

Ramblur, you could be right in what you say.

I and three others seniors are in the west stand, cat: A, up from £235 last year, to £295 this year, early renewal prices.

By my reckoning an increase of 25.5%.

As pointed out if you've escaped this year, watch out for next year!!

As far as wheelchair-bound disabled fans are concerned, there are many spare places. I'm not sure as far as the number reserved for those who can ambulate adequately. Some go pitch-side, some have a 'normal' seat in the stands. It depends on disability, I suppose. I know that some clubs have special dispensation for blind fans whereby there are headphones available so they can listen to a commentary (Leeds do this, so they';ve gone up in my estimation).

If that is the club's attitude, then it's wrong at best and utterly stupid at worst.

What attraction is it to a carer who doesn't like football or perhaps doesn't support Derby? None whatsoever. Imagine someone in your care wanted (for some perverted reason) to go and watch the Gumps. It would be a punishment, wouldn't it?

The seats tend to be right at the front and when it rains, you get saturated. I went to Pride Park once when I was disabled - it was the week before my hip replacement operation. I got utterly drenched. Luckily I didn't catch a cold because that would have postponed my operation.

As far as wheelchair-bound disabled fans are concerned, there are many spare places. I'm not sure as far as the number reserved for those who can ambulate adequately. Some go pitch-side, some have a 'normal' seat in the stands. It depends on disability, I suppose. I know that some clubs have special dispensation for blind fans whereby there are headphones available so they can listen to a commentary (Leeds do this, so they';ve gone up in my estimation).

Thanks for that, eddie.As you probably realised,I was just providing a counter possibility to Cornwall's thoughts.From what you say,it looks like the alternative I gave doesn't apply.

Thanks for that, eddie.As you probably realised,I was just providing a counter possibility to Cornwall's thoughts.From what you say,it looks like the alternative I gave doesn't apply.

The minute my renewal pack arrives, I'm going to request a meeting with Sam Rush. I don't think it will be pretty. What sticks in my craw is the apparent subsidising of the new Category E tickets by the pseudo-seniors and disabled fans. It's almost as though the club are doing everything they can to attract a new fan base at the expense of the worn out.

Archived