The Big Sammon Thread

Rich3478

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that's the figure that went to press at the time, in the locals and nationals, so that's the only thing anyone can go on. If you know better and can back it up, let's hear it.

Contrary to popular belief, the press doesn't just make up figures, they receive guidance from clubs/agents/players

If the clubs decided they wanted the fee to be undisclosed,why should they give 'guidance' to the media?Wouldn't that make it a 'disclosed' fee?

If that stat is right hes scored 8 goals now in 45 shots - 17.777% success rate when shooting. Give him 6  chances in a game he will score 46 goals a season

I'm not a Sammon knocker,but I don't think you could afford having a striker spurn 5 chances a game tbf (but it does rather depend on how clear cut the chances are)

I'm not a Sammon knocker,but I don't think you could afford having a striker spurn 5 chances a game tbf (but it does rather depend on how clear cut the chances are)

I'm not a sammon knocker

I'm a sammon knockers' mate

I'm only knocking sammon

'Cus the sammon knocker's late

Last night was Sammon chanted evening!

Are you suggesting that our scouts ought to scour the South Pacific region for players?

Incidentally, as a kid, I went to where much of the film 'South Pacific' was shot - a stunningly beautiful island off the Malay coast (near Mersing) called Tioman Island.

If the clubs decided they wanted the fee to be undisclosed,why should they give 'guidance' to the media?Wouldn't that make it a 'disclosed' fee?

No, officially it remains undisclosed.

It is quite normal for clubs/agents/players to officially not comment on or provide information for all sorts of things but in the same conversation, off the record, give guidance. It just means that they can deny ever leaking the info if they need to.

No, officially it remains undisclosed.

It is quite normal for clubs/agents/players to officially not comment on or provide information for all sorts of things but in the same conversation, off the record, give guidance. It just means that they can deny ever leaking the info if they need to.

When we adopted the practice of not disclosing fees,we did so on the basis that we didn't want other parties (from memory,agents and other clubs were given) to know the kind of fees we were paying.If you maintain that this 'guidance' should be taken as accurate by we fans,then why shouldn't these other parties also take them as being accurate?If everyone should accept their accuracy,then the other parties would effectively know what the fees were (a situation that was supposed to be avoided).It wouldn't matter a jot if they were disclosed or unofficially disclosed.

Don't tell him,Pike.

Are you suggesting that our scouts ought to scour the South Pacific region for players?

I wouldn't mind scouring South Pacific regions.

You're right that it's a guessing game. I wonder why so many people are so hung up about it? £1.2m doesn't look good value at the moment and neither would £925k or £1.45m [i pick these figures for no good reason]. I just hope he comes good at some point for everyone's sake.

£1.2m [give or take 20-30 percent] for a very good goalscoring forward would have been very good business. It might still be. He might do a Glenn Murray next season!

He already has - Murray had a penalty saved last night. :lol:

Archived