Derby County v Nottingham Forest

uttoxram75

Max effort, barely any quality, Ward and Bryson understandably a yard short or fitness, Hughes likewise I thought. Coutts misplaced balls he'd normally play with ease. Good goal for us, lucky goal for them. Sammon got little change out of their centre backs, but was class for the goal.

We retain the trophy, and they can **** off.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammon is so, so, so, so bad.

I'd do anything for us to sell him.

Biggest waste of 1.2 million in football history.

Some of the worst ball control i've ever seen.

..but he created the goal; won the ball, attacked their defence, played Wardy in. Counts for something.

Lego-6

Brayford-5

Keogh-8 my MOTM

O'brien-6

Roberts-6

Coutts-4

Bryson-5

Hughes-5

Hendrick-6

Ward (left)-5 (centre)-7

Sammon-5

Theo-5

Jacobs-5

Thats generous.....

Lego-5

Brayford-5

Keogh-6

O'brien-4.5

Roberts-5

Coutts-4

Bryson-5

Hughes-3

Hendrick-6

Ward - 6.5

Sammon-5

Theo-5

Jacobs-5

Yeah but it was cloughs choice to do that... we played fine against Boro without Ward or Bryson.

Problem is,this game wasn't (and never is) like any other League game.Usually frenetic and all about closing down,which is why I thought he'd start the two of them.The gamble was how long they'd last and what would happen when they were withdrawn (which I thought would be inevitable).The alternative would have been to start Bavies (who hasn't the speed or energy) and either Theo or Jacobs.Now I was only listening to commentary, but it didn't appear either of those 2 made much of a mark.

Hughes was the one I was mainly worried about-a bad back's no fun.Now I know he may be passing fitness tests,but no test can show the discomfort a player might be feeling.But then the gamble was that he's got the quality to do something significant.I think he needs resting untill he's right.

I can't believe the grief Sammon gets. He works tirelessly, and would look twice the player if he was supported properly. When Coutts, Hughes and Bryson are all off the pace, it is a bit much to expect Sammon to do it on his own. The real issue is Bryson, Hughes and Perhaps even Ward shouldn't be playing at the moment. That gives you a midfield of Bavies, Hendrick, Coutts and Jacobs. That would be my midfield until everyone else is fit. Won't happen though.

Hi, new poster.

Lego 5

Brayford 5

Keogh 8

Obrien 5

Roberts 4

Coutts 3

Hendrick 7

Hughes 4

Bryson 5

Ward 6

Sammon 5.5

Subs

Jacobs 5

Robinson 5

Thought a draw was about fair, Forest just about edged the game but neither team deserved to win. Have heard people on bbc radio derby slating theo but I thought he played ok, won the ball a couple of times and had an ok 5 mins. Keogh motm, played brilliant for me

My summary:

1st half we were crap basically, Sammon was too isolated and we just hoofed it, and it kept coming back to us all the time, second half however we went 4-4-2, and started to play the ball around a bit. If we'd of started with that, we'd of won the game in my opinion. Sharp looked class for forest, I envy their strikeforce, I think if we had their strikers we'd be in the top 3.

Ratings:

Legzdins 6 - Came for everything, couldn't do anything for the goal, nothing outstanding so not an outstanding rating.

Brayford 5 - Didn't get forward too often and threaten as much as he usually does at home, which was a bit dissapointing.

O'Brien 4 - Poor, won a few headers but distribution is woeful

Keogh 6 - Better distribution, a few nervy moments though, made a couple of good interceptions.

Roberts 5 - Didn't do much

Coutts 6 - Tried to do everything, and sometime it worked sometimes it didn't frustrating, if he let the ball go sooner, he'd be a much more effective player. If there's a player there pass to him!

Hughes 4 - Worst game of the season by him!

Hendrick 7 - My DCFC MOTM, ran with the ball, tackled, tracked back. I was impressed with him.

Ward 6 - More effective when he went up front, Jara had a good game when he was against him, Collins and Ward found him much harder to deal with.

Sammon 5 - Made the goal, and deserves credit for that, but was very isolated, so lost the ball on numerous occasions.

Robinson 4 - Did nothing

Jacobs 5 - Good while he was on, I would of bought him on a bit sooner.

All in all a bit gutted we didn't win, but it was better than losing. Poor tactics cost us in the end I feel, 4-5-1 at home was an absolute joke.

Lego-7 MoM for me dealt with the crosses ok and could do sod all for the goal from where i was.

Brayford-6 Quiet going forward, again Derby seemed keen to go down the left flank a fair bit instead of the right.

Keogh-7 Covered well.

O'brien-6 Ok performance, didn't do much of anything for me.

Roberts-5 Hesitant going forward and one or two nervy moments.

Coutts-6 Endeavored but for little gain.

Bryson-5 Laboured and clearly not 100%

Hughes-5 Poor throughout and even a few passes went astray from him.

Hendrick-6 Busy throughout but again nothing much ado

Ward - 6 Like Bryson laboured and not 100% but still tried to make things happen, good finish for the goal

Sammon-5 Poor sod was isolated even when he managed to hold the ball up or flick on there was no Derby player in sight, however did well for the goal, created the opportunity for Ward.

Theo-5 Lively when he come on but otherwise offered nothing.

Jacobs-4 Really poor and exposed the team defensively.

Forest were organised but thats it really. Derby couldn't pass it 95% of the time and hoofed it alot today, a 1-1 is a fair result for me but Forest were the more likely team to win it, Derby only showed up for 10 minutes for the entire match 1st 5 minutes and 5 minutes after the second half. Not a game that'll live in the memory.

Legzdins - 7 Decent enough performance, unlucky for the goal. Usual Forest scrappy mishit goal.

Brayford - 7 Pretty decent considering coutts was awful

Keogh - 6 Decent without the ball, a few poor passes lower the rating

O'Brien - 5 OK, looked a bit lost at times

Roberts - 5 Sunday league performance, if in doubt....

Coutts - 4 Looked nervous and lacked confidence

Bryson - 5 Not fit

Hughes - 3 Worst player, didnt do anything right and should have been subbed off after 50 minutes. His age showed a bit today, looked like he had thrown all of his toys out of the pram second half. Didn't want to be on the pitch.

Hendrick - 8 Good performance for me, won the ball back every time we lost it

Ward - 6 Poor first half, but he shouldn't be playing on the wing

Sammon - 7 Decent, chased everything and caused the defense problems all game.

Theo - 4 Worst...Striker...Ever.....

Jacobs - 6 Looked decent when he came on, unfortunately most of the team had given up by then.

Thought Forest were the better side, first 10 minutes of each half and they couldnt get near us when we passed the ball and played like we usually do.

By the way guys, look out for the kick on Hughes by Cox (I think?) in the first 10-15 minutes. Hughes was fouled and Cox just kicked him whilst he was on the floor. Apart from that, Forest were the better side. Keogh, Hendrick and Ward were the best of a bad bunch for me today.

By the way guys, look out for the kick on Hughes by Cox (I think?) in the first 10-15 minutes. Hughes was fouled and Cox just kicked him whilst he was on the floor. Apart from that, Forest were the better side. Keogh, Hendrick and Ward were the best of a bad bunch for me today.

That was Sharp and it was a play tap

I'm surprised at the amount of stick Roberts is getting here, he had a hell of alot of work to do and let them in only once/twice, he had next to no cover and was doubled up on for much of the second half. Almost everything came his way. He was one of the better players for us today, along with Keogh and Hendrick.

The game was dull, they set out to counter in Mcleish's 7-0-3 formation and it worked extremely well, say what you like about that style but Chelsea won a Champions League playing that way. They'd clearly worked on keeping us quiet down the right and it didn't help that two of our midfield were unfit and Hughes was entirely out of sorts. They defended very well, and looked fairly dangerous on the break (when you've got Sharp upfront being played in all game you're going to worry people). First half they were more expansive but as soon as they got the goal they just packed the midfield, which wasn't a bad way to go.

We didn't help ourselves by going long quite alot when panicked, O'Brien can defend alright but he boots it long almost every single time, it's beyond frustrating to watch him on the ball when he does it. We really need another centre back besides Keogh, O'Brien would work well with a big side but our side is full of shorter guys, the booting away is suicidal when Forest have two centre-backs and in the second half Moussi against Sammon. The ball will just keep coming back.

It was a dull game but alot of effort, forest had a few good moments in both halves but mostly stuck to their defensive duties. Had our midfield not been half-fit and we'd had someone next to Sammon instead of him up on his own we'd have made more of an impact going forwards. A win and a draw this season is very welcome, even if the two games this season were less than easy on the eye.

Keogh was MOM for me, Roberts and Hendrick did a hell of alot of work too.

Archived