Andy Appleby appears on Al-Jazeera

alexxxxx

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems quite interesting, they've put £50m into the club to get us back in the premier league. It's clear from the video that he really wants premier league football.

Mina Rzouki though...nom nom nom.

£50m ...Not of their own money. They would have made a deposit to buy the club and loaned the rest against the club. These loan repayments are made through the club. They themselves loaned the club some money as the cashflow was not as predicted. However these loans will be paid back to them in time. All the while earning a wage as board members and being paid dividends as shareholders.

[url=http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/empire/2012/12/2012122610439912553.html]http://www.aljazeera...0439912553.html

Only watched the first five minutes and he's already appeared, not sure if he's spoken to later on in the documentary.. looks good anyway.

I watched the first 5 minutes where it said they had spent $100million dollars buying us and then another £50million since. Not much point watching any more when such drivel is spouted in the opening 5 minutes.

£50m ...Not of their own money. They would have made a deposit to buy the club and loaned the rest against the club. These loan repayments are made through the club. They themselves loaned the club some money as the cashflow was not as predicted. However these loans will be paid back to them in time. All the while earning a wage as board members and being paid dividends as shareholders.

Was it you that made the programme?

Your facts are even more ridiculous than the claims made early on in that documentary.

Was it you that made the programme?

Your facts are even more ridiculous than the claims made early on in that documentary.

Their have been several media exposures into foreign owners and how they invest. They are not facts and it is not a complex business model to understand.

It always amazes me how ill-informed our fans are.

As well as buying the club for £16m (including AP buyout),over £14m was subsequently put in as equity.Now (apart from the very first bit,but "deposit" is a bit strange) we get to a factual bit of your post.Another £14m+ appears to have been put in as loan capital-even this contains an element of assumption,as part of the £5.8m signalled for 11/12 may have been equity (we'll soon find out).

After this brief flirtation with fact,I can tell you that no dividends have been paid /the amount of the highest paid director coincided with the total amount,meaning only 1 paid director (that must surely have been Glick)/no loan capital repayment is yet identifiable.

Within the notes attaching to the 10/11 accounts,the GSE management fee is given at £60k.I can't remember if I mentioned this in the accounts thread-if I didn't,I apologise to all.It wouldn't have been a deliberate omission,and in my defence I wasn't well at the time.

I have to say that it's posts like yours that make me feel sorry for the mods.

He's a good man, Andy Appleby.

Always took the time to reply to my emails and questions.

Asked him his dream match and He said "Hulk Hogan". Dunno why He said that, reckon He still thinks he's a wrestler.

I agree. He has brought much needed stability to the club. The club has also expanded in so many areas.

Their have been several media exposures into foreign owners and how they invest. They are not facts and it is not a complex business model to understand.

Correct they are not facts, nobody has any idea on the finance structure of the club.

Even less complex than this are the financial accounts...please point me in the direction of your facts re wages and dividends.

Why would the investors loan the club money and then take out wages and dividends?!

As well as buying the club for £16m (including AP buyout),over £14m was subsequently put in as equity.Now (apart from the very first bit,but "deposit" is a bit strange) we get to a factual bit of your post.Another £14m+ appears to have been put in as loan capital-even this contains an element of assumption,as part of the £5.8m signalled for 11/12 may have been equity (we'll soon find out).

After this brief flirtation with fact,I can tell you that no dividends have been paid /the amount of the highest paid director coincided with the total amount,meaning only 1 paid director (that must surely have been Glick)/no loan capital repayment is yet identifiable.

Within the notes attaching to the 10/11 accounts,the GSE management fee is given at £60k.I can't remember if I mentioned this in the accounts thread-if I didn't,I apologise to all.It wouldn't have been a deliberate omission,and in my defence I wasn't well at the time.

I have to say that it's posts like yours that make me feel sorry for the mods.

I apologise for using ''Layman's Terms''. Me stating that the board members earned a wage or that the shareholders received dividends was not an insult or an attack on them but me merely stating common practice. We are talking about a very similar situation to the Glazers at Manchester United.

If GSE needed another field to move into in the future, I would suggest that the manufacture of mirrors might be something worth considering. A bit of smoke and they could then run that business venture with all the transparency they offer to Derby County fans.

Correct they are not facts, nobody has any idea on the finance structure of the club.

Even less complex than this are the financial accounts...please point me in the direction of your facts re wages and dividends.

Why would the investors loan the club money and then take out wages and dividends?!

Because as shareholders and board members they are entitled to. Different shareholders have different intentions in which to seek a return on their investment. I would imagine that the capital was used to reduce or pay off certain loans that of course came with interest. The loan does not have to come from all investors/shareholders but does benefit all.

I apologise for using ''Layman's Terms''. Me stating that the board members earned a wage or that the shareholders received dividends was not an insult or an attack on them but me merely stating common practice. We are talking about a very similar situation to the Glazers at Manchester United.

but no dividends have been paid so thst was factually incorrect

Nothing like the Glazers.If you'd read my post you might have noticed that they funded £16m to buy the club and put in £14m+ of equity-none of this involves borrowing against the assets of the club.As far as the loans go,of course they would hope to get that money back eventually,just as they would hope to get back (at least) the purchase price and equity.

I'm afraid I don't buy your bit about common business practice.Name me the clubs that declare dividends-try the NPC and go back as far as you like.Your comment appeared to be specific to our club-if you could provide evidence to back up your claims,then you would be entitled to make them.In any event they would be more likely (in my opinion) to call for part loan repayment in preference to dividends,as the latter has tax implications.

Archived