Flashing green boxes,but post doesn't happen.

ramblur

Just tried to post on "Will Hughes" in "Transfer Talk",and I get the usual flashing green with the message "saving post".After waiting a fairly long time,the flashing green disappears,but the message remains.The post doesn't transfer.

Am I doing something wrong (it appears to happen fairly often) and is there any way I can retrieve the text and try a repost?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried to post on "Will Hughes" in "Transfer Talk",and I get the usual flashing green with the message "saving post".After waiting a fairly long time,the flashing green disappears,but the message remains.The post doesn't transfer.

Am I doing something wrong (it appears to happen fairly often) and is there any way I can retrieve the text and try a repost?

was it a 'long' post ?

Post length shouldn't matter, I've had it happen a few times myself its usually if the server has a little moment or my own Internet connection. I've not seen saving post before tho.

If you use the more reply options instead of the fast reply it won't happen. There is a post restore option in the bottom left of the editor box, it doesn't always work as it should for some reason, I'm led to believe its fixed in the next update which I'll be running in the next week or two.

Post length shouldn't matter, I've had it happen a few times myself its usually if the server has a little moment or my own Internet connection. I've not seen saving post before tho.

If you use the more reply options instead of the fast reply it won't happen. There is a post restore option in the bottom left of the editor box, it doesn't always work as it should for some reason, I'm led to believe its fixed in the next update which I'll be running in the next week or two.

Moved off the page,so it's lost.Funnily enough,I once moved to another part of the forum after it had happened....only to find that the post had transferred.

Just went to re-reply and noticed option to view auto saved content.Did this and then clicked "restore content".Job done.

I've had that happen to me when I have tried to post poem which has taken as much as seven minutes of my life to compose.I just assumed that it was an in built example of good tasre! If I remember I ofren do the poem in wordpad and copy it onto the thread. Wouldn't want you to miss out. Plus you can't expectt me to remember my silly rhymes can you?

Archived