Why aren't we having fun?

Duracell

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think buying success is to blame for this. Top teams have always spent but now it's crazy. Man City lost nearly £100 million last year and it doesn't seem to matter. I believe the Derby route is the right one and deseves more support and success than it so far has been given.

You and I have serious man love. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

I think buying success is to blame for this. Top teams have always spent but now it's crazy. Man City lost nearly £100 million last year and it doesn't seem to matter. I believe the Derby route is the right one and deseves more support and success than it so far has been given.

Isn't that what we've done on a smaller scale, but without the success?

Our owners have spent £50 million on us over the last 5 years, and a parachute payment, thinking it would establish us in the Prem, a lot more than most clubs in this division have available.

is the Derby route that everyone should be following the one where you spend loads of money but stay where you are?

Isn't that what we've done on a smaller scale, but without the success?

Our owners have spent £50 million on us over the last 5 years, and a parachute payment, thinking it would establish us in the Prem, a lot more than most clubs in this division have available.

is the Derby route that everyone should be following the one where you spend loads of money but stay where you are?

I think the very fact that the money's been spent has a lot to do with the route we're taking,rather than it being a blueprint for success,to be followed by others.If we were to go up soon,then I think the blueprint should carry the very important rider:- 'Oh,by the way,you'll need a very good manager'.

If every team followed our path,then only 3 out of 24 teams can go up,so it would take 8 years for some,without any other considerations.

Other considerations:- None of your starting 24 get relegated/relegated Prem clubs don't get promoted (and promoted clubs from L1 could put a further spanner in the works).

It's the quality of the manager (if reasonably backed) that is the major factor.

On thread,I'm quite enjoying this season thus far.

Coming out the ground at Bristol one of the Bristol stewards said out loud "why aren't you lot happy, you just won". .... Maybe we are just a grumpy bunch. Having said that the atmosphere I thought was pretty good from us fans through the game.

The second half at Bristol the fans were brilliant. I think the drum helped with that there was a good beat going when we were singing Nigel Cloughs barmy army...

As regards to the stewards I think we were all listening intently to the various NPC results to see how close we were getting.

Archived