What is the best league in the world?

DCFCfranco

Yeah, thing with Serie A is the technical ability is there but the philosophy is obviously to slow the pace, and not to rush into any mistakes.

Watch a fair bit of Serie A and although it has as a good number of goals you usually have to work for them due to teams discipline and slower tempo. Although it still has it's moments.

It is La Liga Lite.

And it suits the elderly players!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of quality and excitement La Liga.. The bottom teams in La liga are far better than the bottom teams in other leagues.. Barca or Real Madrid would win any other league at a canter but it's how competitive the rest of the league is that makes it exciting for me..

People disagreed with me last season but I provided points tallies going into the last game of the season to show that La Liga was the most competitve and had the most riding on the last games of the season than any of the other big leagues.. The fact that 6 different teams could have got relegated on the last game of the season, that 4 different teams could have clinched the CL etc..

The Bundesliga is the best for atmosphere..

The PL is great for nationalities and drama.. Any dull game can get excited following bad refereeing, a reckless challenge or a ridiculous penalty claim which perhaps you wouldn't get elsewhere.. The end to last season was probably the best finish to a season ever.. I've never known a team to score 2 injury time goals to win a league before..

PL for excitement and drama. Fast and error prone

La Liga for technical ability.

Bundesliga for a bit of both and atmosphere

..... Bundesliga ticks more boxes but I'd say La Liga is the style of football that really tests what ability on a ball a player has.

Isn't the excitement & drama of our league be more a result of the way it's packaged more than anything???

As much as I dislike what Sky's power has done to the game I can't argue their presentation is second to none. As for the drama a lot of that boils down to the press blowing every little incident out of proportion. There has been reckless tackles, diving, cheating, goal line incidents & referee blunders ever since the game was invented but now because were able to replay it from every angle and debate it endlessly on forums ( 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> ) it all seems like greek tragedy.

UEFA coefficent, has Spain a clear first, England just second and Germany third, though Germany will probably overtake England this season or next, England are safe from fourth where you drop one CL place, though may get tight in following season if current form is anything to go by!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Current_ranking]http://en.wikipedia....Current_ranking

The Italians are stupid.. They never take the Europa League seriously and play weak teams but it affects the overall points system.. They only care about the CL and with Udinese being their 3rd club they crashed out in the qualifying stages and then again in the Europa League.. Italy only have Juve and Milan left and realistically they need one of these to win it and the other to reach at least the semi-finals for them to claw some points back which isn't going to happen..

As for England it looks like Arsenal and Man Utd.. Arsenal will go out in the next stage to any decent team.. Man Utd might do well and make the semi-finals but if they face Bayern, Barca, Madrid or Dortmund they'll be gone.. The English points are also dropping as I can't see the likes of Liverpool taking the Europa League seriously unless they get to the quarter final stage.. AVB will try and win it for Spurs and they're a good shout for a latter stage finish..

Spain and Germany look to be pulling ahead though as both will make up 7 of the remaining 16.. Spain look strong and I wouldn't bet against all 4 teams making the quarter finals.. Not to mention Atletico Madrid are easily the best team in the EL and Levante will do well too.. As for Germany 3 group winners and favourable ties could see all 3 in the quarters which would massively boost their points too..

No other league comes close really.. Porto and Benfica do well and Braga and Sporting provide Europa League hopes but it isn't enough to get anywhere near the big 4.. PSG is the only club France can rely on.. Lyon, Lille, Montpellier have all gone backwards..

Im a big fan of the Allsvenskan league in Sweden. It has been exceptionally competitive in recent years with 6 different winners in the past 6 seasons, passion towards the team/town by the players and managers is also really good to see.

Another aspect i enjoy over there is the fan culture, you get fantastic atmospheres at most of the matches and their support seems closer to old school English support than other countries in Europe.

The main drawback is the lack of quality, it's ranked 24th by UEFA. Still it's dead entertaining to watch.

For shear competitiveness & unpredictability I guess you can't go wrong with the Championship. Shame the technique levels are so low. It's no wonder half decent teams like Southampton, Reading, Blackpool & Swansea have played their way to promotion and gifted players like Zaha, Ince and our very own Sir Will of Hugheshire stick out like sore thumbs...

Archived