Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Leggers: 7 - Had a good game, even though he did let in 4.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Bray: 5 - Decent on the ball, let too many crosses come in though.

Keogh: 4 - Awful game, worst game in a Derby shirt imo, positioning all wrong.

Buxton: 5 - Not bad, can't really remember him doing that badly.

O'Connor: 2 - Hopeless. Don't even get me started on him.

Coutts: 4 - Not bad on the ball, didn't do too much wrong, but the set-plays again.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Hendrick: 5 - Thought he was decent tbf to him, kept the ball well. Nothing special though.

Hughes: 8 - Had a say in all our chances, our best player.

Jacobs: 6 - Ran at em, got a few decent crosses in, but takes too long to play the ball. He'll only get better though.

Sammon: 6 - Got about the place and had a general okay game.

Theo: 4 - Didn't do nothing apart from score, typical Theo 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> .

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah sorry, Wigan are a **** team though. I just feel like football has turned into a 'lucky dip' on the lottery. Do we have any famous rich people living in derby that can plough millions of pounds into the team?

It has Jacko and Man Citeh are the Mikey Carroll of football.

Hughes and Hendrick. They both play for Derby. All other comparisons end there.

I thought Tyson could of come on a lot earlier because Theo was just out the match. 2-1 down I thought fresh energy might give us a boost. But it's never been Nigel's way.

Buxton I'm fed up of over the last month. Clumsy, naive and is making huge errors.

O'Connor was great for Leicester in the first half.

Hughes really settled us down and I think he's the most intelligent and composed midfielder at our club. At 17.

Thought Leicester were as poor as we have seen from them for a while. Morgan didn't have to work hard at all. Konchesky didn't get tested enough and it was really Dyer, Waghorn and Vardy who had us rattled. 3 decent but nothing special players.

We were our own undoing.

Leicester didnt really have to do too much to run out easy winners.

Oconnor is not a left back, it's not his fault he keeps getting found out, the mistake is with clough for not having good enough cover in that area.

Legzdins - 7 - Need to keep him in the team, made some great saves. Defence let him down

Brayford - 5 - Played well and put some good crosses in. Have to give him the benefit of the doubt as he is an attacking full back.

Keogh - 2 - Awful, worst i have seen any player play this season. At fault for two goals and gave away possesion way too many times.

Bucko - 5 - Defensively our best player, seems to forget he isnt playing for burton any more by banging long balls up the pitch.

O'Connor - 3 - At fault for the second goal, did nothing creatively all game

Coutts - 6 - Not his best game but gave us an extra option at times

Hendrick - 6 - didnt set a foot wrong but was quiet for a lot of the game

Hughes - 8 - best player on the pitch in my eyes, he lacks strength but his positioning and passing is top notch.

Jacobs - 7 -Played OK without the help of brayford for most of the second half, i think this was down to tactical changes more than anything.

Sammon - 7 - caused the defense loads of problems, his first touch tonight was brilliant

Robinson - 6 - Quiet but a well taken goal.

Was never a 4-1 match.

6-2 perhaps would have been a fairer reflection on quality of chances.

Very impressed with how we generally played tonight, shocked at how poor we were at the back. Thought Sammon and O'Connor were shocking. Hughes was very tidy as always.

We were ovewhelmed for the first 25mins by a very energetic, direct and skillful Leicester side. We can't give teams like them a two goal start. Having said that we then produced some great attacking possession football and scored a great goal. The commentators were quite rightly purring over the performance.

Second half we carried on the same but couldn't find the equaliser we deserved. Nugent scored their third against the run of play but in fairness it was a great cross and a good header.

I still think we have plenty of positives and Cloughy is not that far from creating a side that is going to go all the way. Personally I am still very optimistic.

I don't mind O'Connor at CB.

He had a terrible game today. But how involved was Hendrick? How mixed up and clumsy were Keogh and Buxton. How much space/time did Dyer keep getting? Where did Theo go?

His errors were terrible but he can't take all the blame.

There were positives to take. Leicester are a decent side. A good side at home. And a really good side at home v Forest and Derby.

A lot of individual errors today. That's where you see a difference. Leicester individually were switched on. As a team I thought they struggled for fluency. Where we found rhythm and then somebody would do something stupid.

We were ovewhelmed for the first 25mins by a very energetic, direct and skillful Leicester side. We can't give teams like them a two goal start. Having said that we then produced some great attacking possession football and scored a great goal. The commentators were quite rightly purring over the performance.

Second half we carried on the same but couldn't find the equaliser we deserved. Nugent scored their third against the run of play but in fairness it was a great cross and a good header.

I still think we have plenty of positives and Cloughy is not that far from creating a side that is going to go all the way. Personally I am still very optimistic.

Where to, 12th? Without Hughes, and he will leave in the next year or two to be sure, we really will struggle.

We deserved what we got today, no doubt about it. Their first three goals involved some really comical defending. O'Connor's not a left back, Buxton's off form and Keogh is all over the place at the moment. Going forward it's good to watch, but all season away from home we have been dire when it comes to the final third, so any good work comes undone.

We might indeed have a promotion challenging team in two or three years, or we might have by then sold anyone half decent and still be stuck in midtable. Let's hope it's the former.

You can't go on about how bad we will be if/when Hughes goes. If he does who will be brought in? You, me anyone else have no idea. Regarding the game and team in general you have your views and I'll have mine. Just so happens mine are right 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

6-2 perhaps would have been a fairer reflection on quality of chances.

Very impressed with how we generally played tonight, shocked at how poor we were at the back. Thought Sammon and O'Connor were shocking. Hughes was very tidy as always.

You're easily shocked! Was far from inspirational but he didn't do much wrong apart from miss the chance he created.

Where to, 12th? Without Hughes, and he will leave in the next year or two to be sure, we really will struggle.

We deserved what we got today, no doubt about it. Their first three goals involved some really comical defending. O'Connor's not a left back, Buxton's off form and Keogh is all over the place at the moment. Going forward it's good to watch, but all season away from home we have been dire when it comes to the final third, so any good work comes undone.

We might indeed have a promotion challenging team in two or three years, or we might have by then sold anyone half decent and still be stuck in midtable. Let's hope it's the former.

Unfortunately even the commentator summed up derby, they will be happy if they finish top 10. We are a mid table side at best, the fact we have Hughes masks the fact that 5 years into our 10 year plan we are still no closer to challenging for promotion.

You're easily shocked! Was far from inspirational but he didn't do much wrong apart from miss the chance he created.

His first touch is a 5 yard pass to himself if he is lucky. I think even Theo may need to pass on some of his wisdom.

I think noise is only generated by occasions and good football.. I've been to PP when it's been rocking only 3 or 4 times, and only against Forest, Man Utd in the LC semi-final and the playoff game against Southampton has it reached a level where it's pure tension.. Although defeats in any of those games could have easily turned the atmosphere sour..

The thing is, atmospheres are only generated by what's on the pitch and the occasion.. PP was decent when it was first built because we enjoyed top 10 PL finishes and the likes of Wanchope, Stimac, Eranio, Baiano etc. could get you off your feet... Now it's literally dead.

Stoke have this reputation for generating loads of noise.. They're competing in the PL, they were no more noisier than Barnsley when they were in the NPC.. Lech Poznan are fighting for Polish titles and play in Europe, they can entertain big names.. It's funny how the same sort of noise can't be generated by smaller Polish teams.. The same goes for Galatasary, Fenerbache and Besiktas.. Amazing atmosphere for big clubs in big games.. Other Turkish teams like Gaziantepspor obviously don't create that sort of thing..

Liverpool on European nights.. Liverpool vs Reading.. Competely different.. Celtic at home to Barca, rocking! Celtic at home to St Mirren, like a library..

I guess your catching my drift.. It's impossible for any of us to create that sort of atmosphere every week.. We're not big enough clubs, we don't have the occasions and the entertainment on the pitch doesn't get us going..

The only way the Walkers or PP would be rocking is if we're both in the PL and there is so much tension on the game and on the pitch it's far better.. I remember against you guys the 2-3 defeat with Savage winning a penalty.. The atmosphere was at boiling point, it meant so much.. How can anyone honestly get excited by a straight forward NPC game with little quality.. Leicester-Derby games can be great, but we need to be in the PL for it to happen.. or a playoff game or cup semi-final etc.

You raise some very valid points there, so I'll move to a far better example and say the 2.Bundesliga, same level as our league and the majority of games are sold out and have average atmosphere's that only the best in this league could compete with. Why can it not be like that in this country? Why can we not have the same mindset?

Anyway as for the game, obviously delighted (as I do have some good Derby mates and I love to wind her up). Thought whilst 4-1 was probably a bit flattering, you can't argue with the way we carved you open time and time again. Thought it was telling that you probably controlled the game from your goal to our 3rd and only managed the one in that time, whilst we managed four in not a much longer period. Your defence was laughable.

Your fans... surprisingly decent. Won't go into the numbers as that's been done to death. Thought vocally you weren't too shabby, you could often only hear your fans and I'll openly admit that, we were obviously louder when we got going but I thought for a 4-1 win over one of our rivals we were laughably quiet for large parts.

Like I say, not gonna go and wish you the best of luck for the season (although there's very little I hold against Derby in truth) but will say do us a favour and beat Forest, Cardiff & Hull. Detest all 3 of them a silly amount.

His first touch is a 5 yard pass to himself if he is lucky. I think even Theo may need to pass on some of his wisdom.

Thought he was like that in his first few games but recently he's been much better, I don't think he was that bad today either. But that's opinions.

Archived