Real Ale in SP away end in Derby's honour

Vince Hilaire

An announcement from the Palace owners today:

Late Beer News -

ALL the bars at Selhurst Park will have Cronx Blonde real ale on sale tomorrow. This includes the Whitehorse Lane end and also the away end.

Derby is the real ale capital of England so the least that we can do is offer them some decent Croydon beer when they come to Palace.

It comes in red/blue barrels, and sells out pretty fast in the home end. Hope you guys enjoy a decent beer with an entertaining game tomorrow. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, Palace fan in peace.

I'm one of the brewers at the new Cronx Brewery and we've been supplying Palace all season so far.

Did any of you try our blonde, and if so what did you think? Would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers!

Could ask the guys at Selhurst for a bit more promotion (they seem to have rediscovered the word). Saw Carling and something else I didn't want - and had a coffee. Good luck with your venture though.

Hi guys, Palace fan in peace.

I'm one of the brewers at the new Cronx Brewery and we've been supplying Palace all season so far.

Did any of you try our blonde, and if so what did you think? Would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers!

They only had plastic bottles of Carling and Magners in the away end bars.

I was assured there would be. I think it may have just been bag in box and they may not have out a badge on it?

You might be right but unfortunately the 2 staff I asked both said only Carling and Magners only and looked well confused when I asked if they had any bitter.....got the impression they did'nt know what bitter or real ale was as they were'nt english

I was assured there would be. I think it may have just been bag in box and they may not have out a badge on it?

It was certainly not obvious, so you want to check with them. If your blonde's as good as the Trashy one up here it would have been well worth a try.

Archived