England v Sweden

blackNwhites

Hart recently won player of the month as voted by the City fans so I guess they know better than Bris.

He is the best keeper we've had for a while and is IMO one of the few truly world class players we have.

To suggest that lesser keepers could go in goal for City and results wouldn't be effected is ridiculous. He has pulled off some quite miraculous saves both for club and country in recent times. Saves that only he could have made. Saves that have made him the talk of not only English clubs but also clubs the world over.

Yes, he was poor last night. I don't recall him having a poor game prior to that on the International stage.

I hope the headlines are the wonderful attacking display by Zlatan and not Harts errors.

Also Bris, you say that Eto and Ibrahimovic are under rated. Well, clearly not by the football world as they are the two highest paid footballers in the world.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very often I agree with Bris but I think Hart has been very average this season.

Maybe Roy Keane was right and he has got a bit cocky.

Average for who?

Again, was player of the month for the City fans and they watch him week in week out.

You watch him in what......Match of the Day?

Against Madrid he produced what many described as the best performance ever by a keeper. He has been remarkable in Europe this season.

Average for who?

Again, was player of the month for the City fans and they watch him week in week out.

Against Madrid he produced what many described as the best performance ever by a keeper. He has been remarkable in Europe this season.

English mentality, put them on a pedestal and then as soon as there is one mistake, knock them down, rather than take it for what is was, an excellent goal by a world class striker that could have been avoided but would not have happened 99 times out of 100.

We love losers more than winners in this country, Frank bruno comes to mind, we even made a pizza ad giving money to people who missed a peno in a shoot out, probably why Derby and NC are immune to criticsm by some, there is no pedestal to knock them off, and we like average.

Apart from Bris, who no doubt has watched every performance on some sort of player as he has done for every English game ever, and should be a football pundit, Coutts still a side ways player Bris ?

He has certainly seemed a bit cocky the few times I've seen him, in both Man City and England shirts.

He's made a few errors as well, errors he wouldn't've made last season that have cost City and England, and losing valuable points. Okay, there wasn't any points up for grabs last night but I think he was directly responsible for two of their goals. Not sure why he came off the line for that 4th goal but, he did and fluffed his lines for about the 7th or 8th time this season.

City fans must really be struggling to find a performer for them this season. I know one, Edin Dzeko. Shame he has to do it from the bench.

Amazing goal for Zlatan though, as if it even enters your mind to try and overhead kick from 30 yards out.

Hart recently won player of the month as voted by the City fans so I guess they know better than Bris.

He is the best keeper we've had for a while and is IMO one of the few truly world class players we have.

To suggest that lesser keepers could go in goal for City and results wouldn't be effected is ridiculous. He has pulled off some quite miraculous saves both for club and country in recent times. Saves that only he could have made. Saves that have made him the talk of not only English clubs but also clubs the world over.

Yes, he was poor last night. I don't recall him having a poor game prior to that on the International stage.

I hope the headlines are the wonderful attacking display by Zlatan and not Harts errors.

Also Bris, you say that Eto and Ibrahimovic are under rated. Well, clearly not by the football world as they are the two highest paid footballers in the world.

If it wasn't for Hart's performances in the Champions League Citeh would've been dead and buried by now because their goal difference would be close to -10. Now I'm sure bris will use the same rationale he used to argue Bavies' assists last season by saying "Who's to say another goalie wouldn't have stopped those shots?" but come on. There are not many in the world who could've performed like him against Madrid, Dortmand & Ajax... I'm sure if it were Victor Valdes, Pepe' Reina or Casillas he could do no wrong...

Average for who?

How do you know that the people who get to vote for him watch him week in week out?

The vote may be done on the club website and people may vote on the European matches they watch on tv.

I agree he has put in some good displays in the European matches but in the Premier League and for England recently I think he has been very average.

In the last 4 days I think he has conceded goals that he would not have done last season.

You can say he is good based on when you have watched him on tv but I can not say that he is bad based on when I have seen him on tv? Very weird logic!

English mentality, put them on a pedestal and then as soon as there is one mistake, knock them down, rather than take it for what is was, an excellent goal by a world class striker that could have been avoided but would not have happened 99 times out of 100.

We love losers more than winners in this country, Frank bruno comes to mind, we even made a pizza ad giving money to people who missed a peno in a shoot out, probably why Derby and NC are immune to criticsm by some, there is no pedestal to knock them off, and we like average.

Apart from Bris, who no doubt has watched every performance on some sort of player as he has done for every English game ever, and should be a football pundit, Coutts still a side ways player Bris ?

Thought he could have saved Tottenhams goal at the weekend.

Thought he should have saved the free kick last night.

Thought he should have stayed in his area for the the overhead kick last night.

Thought he should have made the cross that he flapped at against West Brom (I think it was them)

I am not basing my opinion on one mistake.

I still think he is a good goalie but think his standards have dropped from last season.

I imagine there was some rationale behind Roy Keane saying live on national tv that Joe Hart has become a bit cocky, its not just the sort of thing that someone says for no reason.

Average for who?

'Hart had made a string of important saves to deny Real in the first half, but he was at fault for Benzema’s 87th-minute equaliser and also culpable for Ronaldo’s 90th-minute strike – which hit the back of the net after captain Vincent Kompany ducked out of the way of the shot.'

The Telegraph reporter certainly didn't see it as 'the best ever performance by a keeper'

How do you know that the people who get to vote for him watch him week in week out?

You can say he is good based on when you have watched him on tv but I can not say that he is bad based on when I have seen him on tv? Very weird logic!

All I'm trying to say is that you are saying that Hart is having a poor time of it while the City supporters are at the same time voting for him as their player of the month.

I agree that in some games he may not have reached the levels of consistency he showed in the previous season but he is still a whole lot better than anyone else out there and it is that I would prefer to focus on.

Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if we all marvelled at one of our players form and he won our player of the month then supporters who had nothing to do with our club then ridiculed that players form?

The City supporters are in the best position to judge the form of their own players and I trust their judgement more than one or two reporters and supporters who simply want to knock the player down.

All I'm trying to say is that you are saying that Hart is having a poor time of it while the City supporters are at the same time voting for him as their player of the month.

I agree that in some games he may not have reached the levels of consistency he showed in the previous season but he is still a whole lot better than anyone else out there and it is that I would prefer to focus on.

Can you imagine how ridiculous it would be if we all marvelled at one of our players form and he won our player of the month then supporters who had nothing to do with our club then ridiculed that players form?

The City supporters are in the best position to judge the form of their own players and I trust their judgement more than one or two reporters and supporters who simply want to knock the player down.

Fair enough.

On the other flip of the coin though, these reporters probably see all of their matches and carry out alor more analysis than the supporters.

I may be wrong but I doubt whether every Man City supporter who votes for their player of the month goes to every game home and away.

Also there does not appear to be much competition for their player of the month award at the moment. Kompany and Toure are failing to reach the standards they set last year and Dzeko is their leading scorer with 6 goals (mainly from coming off the bench) which should tell you all you need to know about how their strikers are playing.

As I said, I am not saying Hart is a poor goalkeeper, just that I think his standards have dropped from last year. May be a coincidence that it has come at the same time as Roy Keanes comments but I am sure what he said has come from somewhere within the game.

Thought he could have saved Tottenhams goal at the weekend.

Thought he should have saved the free kick last night.

Thought he should have stayed in his area for the the overhead kick last night.

Thought he should have made the cross that he flapped at against West Brom (I think it was them)

I am not basing my opinion on one mistake.

I still think he is a good goalie but think his standards have dropped from last season.

I imagine there was some rationale behind Roy Keane saying live on national tv that Joe Hart has become a bit cocky, its not just the sort of thing that someone says for no reason.

One against spurs was traveling quick and just by his side, the wonder goal could have been avoided, the others I agree.

However if his season is average in your view, then we are struggling for back up, fielding for example must be miles behind, wouldn't you say?

One against spurs was traveling quick and just by his side, the wonder goal could have been avoided, the others I agree.

However if his season is average in your view, then we are struggling for back up, fielding for example must be miles behind, wouldn't you say?

Well the fact that we are a league and a half behind them perhaps shows that their players average performances are still better than our players best performances.

And yes I agree on this seasons performances that Fielding is miles behind Hart.

On another matter...am I the only one who thinks people are getting carried away in saying Ibrahimovics 4th goal could be the best goal of all time?!

Granted it was a good finish but the defending/keeping was poor and left him with an empty net, all he needed to do was hit the target.

All the same it was a well executed goal but certainly nowhere near the best goal of all time in my books

He's been City's standout player by a mile. He's having a great season for his club and remains the standout choice for the number 1 jersey.

Going back to the game, I cannot ever remember a better performance by a striker in an international game than Zlatan's.

All four goals were great and could only have been finished by a striker of the highest calibre. Are there any better strikers in World Football at the minute? I really don't think there are.

All four goals were well taken but all resulted from poor defensive play, and the last 3 from poor goalkeeping.

Engand absolutely dominated the second half but threw it all away from poor defending and goalkeeping in last 10 mins.

Joe Hart must be the most over-rated keeper in international history.

Hart was average against Ajax in both games and the goals conceded as a defensive unit were poor..

Also Hart had one of the best games ever against Real Madrid? Is this a joke? Did you even watch the game? Or are you just commenting from a clueless journalist who clearly didn't watch the game properly... Real Madrid created plenty of chances but were so wasteful.. They only had around 6 or 7 decent chances to score.. From 3 they did.. The others included Hart beating the striker to a throughball (any switched on GK could do this), blocking a header from close range (he couldn't get out the way of it) and beating away a few long drives from Ronaldo which is hardly out of this world stuff...

Once again people talk so much rubbish about the players they like.. Or they just want to argue a pointless point..

Hart was voted player of the month? In what month was that then? The month when they were dire against Dortmund and Hart saved them, or when he played well against Arsenal.. In general City were poor for the whole month so he obviously stood out.. For the remaining matches he's been average at best..

And yes Howard or Jaaskaleinen could easily play for City..

Typical mcsilks talking pony to try and make an arguementative point

On another matter...am I the only one who thinks people are getting carried away in saying Ibrahimovics 4th goal could be the best goal of all time?!

Granted it was a good finish but the defending/keeping was poor and left him with an empty net, all he needed to do was hit the target.

All the same it was a well executed goal but certainly nowhere near the best goal of all time in my books

Yes you are, and yes it is.

Archived