Derby Goalies through the ages

Brammie Steve

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poom was great, Hoult bit unlucky to have him as competition.

Andy Oakes was shocking, no surprise he struggled be a regular at the clubs he joined after he departed Derby.

The two Lee's Grant and Camp had promosing moments, but Grant never got the chances Camp had here, was impressive on loan at Oldham and doing well at Burnley. Camp seems to be doing well at Forest, still with the odd error, lost his place in the NI team.

Lewis Price has a decent game v Liverpool(?) but is now Palace 2nd choice and 1st choice for Wales(!)

Brad Jones was probably the worst constantly flapping and several errors before he was dropped for Ross Atkins for the last game of that season. Atkins had now fallen out of favour at Burton.

Bywater probably had the most pathetic ending, faking an injury v Hull to force rookie James Severn to replace him, funny how his injury cleared when Cardiff were interested! Also recall Spurs being interested in Bywater, not sure how accurate though. He slowly declined after promotion season.

Fielding is a decent shot stopper but unconvinced by other aspects of his play, the fact he was called up to the England after a loan spell at Rochdale probably says more about the lack of backup to Joe Hart if anything!

Roy Carroll had a decent game in the Man Utd away game but never gained the confidence of Jewell or Clough, had a shocker v Villa rebulit his career in Greece though.

Been impressed with Legzdins apart from his gaffe v P'Boro!

Spot on Uttox. Had this conversation re Shilts and lack of bravery on numerous occasions. He was technically gifted and a superb shot stopper no doubt but he could be very much lacking in moral courage as a player at times. This opinion has had me riduculed and laughed out of the building on occasions. But my shoulders are broad... so broad in fact that I have roughly the same opinion of one of Arthur Cox,s Rams legends..super player at times but could have given so much more to the club and his own career. Seemed to fall out with people and place blame for defeats anywhere but on himself.Should have been and had the ability to do MUCH MUCH better than he did. Anyone care to guess who im talking about?

Do tell... (it seems likely you are going for shock value, so my punt is Mark Wright?)

Archived