Relativity

Brammie Steve

[size=3]Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." Albert Einstein.[/size]

[size=3]When has minute seemed like an hour, or an hour like a minute, in your experience?[/size]

[size=3](And keep it clean please!)[/size] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

For me, it has to be the six fabricated minutes at the end of the Wolves vs Leeds in 1972. No injuries in the second half and I was working shifts accompanied by my little radio. I kept screaming "blow that whistle!" and when the ref finally had to Derby were league champions!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I regularly catch the bus from Belper to Manchester, wonderful transpeak service for anybody interested. £11.90 return. That's a bargain.

Usually it's a beautiful trip, you travel through the peaks (obviously) and take in the scenery. Sometimes there's only 3 or 4 people on the bus (until you pass through Bakewell and Buxton where it's temporarily jammed) and it's just a really relaxing journey.

Not on Monday it wasn't. I seemed to have contracted possibly the worst cold/flu virus I've ever had and could hardly breathe. I remember looking at my phone for the time and thinking, wrongly, that I only had another hour to go. Turns out I'd made a mistake in my delirium, after an hour I checked my phone again and I still had 1 hour and 15 mins of journey left. I'd spent most of the time with my eyes closed.

The journey from Manc to Middleton was even worse, rush hour jams and my breathing difficulties magnified. Eventually I got off the bus and made my way too girlfriends. Thankfully she's a saint, and pumped me full of drugs.

Worst journey ever.

I regularly catch the bus from Belper to Manchester, wonderful transpeak service for anybody interested. £11.90 return. That's a bargain.

Usually it's a beautiful trip, you travel through the peaks (obviously) and take in the scenery. Sometimes there's only 3 or 4 people on the bus (until you pass through Bakewell and Buxton where it's temporarily jammed) and it's just a really relaxing journey.

Not on Monday it wasn't. I seemed to have contracted possibly the worst cold/flu virus I've ever had and could hardly breathe. I remember looking at my phone for the time and thinking, wrongly, that I only had another hour to go. Turns out I'd made a mistake in my delirium, after an hour I checked my phone again and I still had 1 hour and 15 mins of journey left. I'd spent most of the time with my eyes closed.

The journey from Manc to Middleton was even worse, rush hour jams and my breathing difficulties magnified. Eventually I got off the bus and made my way too girlfriends. Thankfully she's a saint, and pumped me full of drugs.

Worst journey ever.

Mega sympathies....Hope you're recovering now. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Any time spent visiting "family", subtle "make a move" hints go unnoticed by my wife. I really don't want to spend an entire sunday afternoon pretending I like my mother-in-laws dog jumping all over me.

Mmmmm, when a minute lasts hours. That's easy. At work. Time has a way of slowing down till I'm convinced it's stopped altogether. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

And and when hours last minutes...when I go to sleep. No sooner have I dropped it seems the alarm's going off and sometimes I feel like I haven't slept, I've got to hit the snooze button and drink some coffee.

Must try getting some early nights.

Archived