England v San Marino

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 goals, 29 shots, 15 corners (at time of posting) and 3 points against 11 men camped in their own half for 90 minutes. Not sure what people expect?

Had San Marino come for a game of football and ventured out their own half creating more space for our attackers I fully expect we'd of seen double figures tonight.

Tonight was about getting the job done, bag the 3pts and bang a few goals, mission complete for me.

Tuesday will be a totally different game and we might see more football played

5 goals, 29 shots, 15 corners (at time of posting) and 3 points against 11 men camped in their own half for 90 minutes. Not sure what people expect?

Had San Marino come for a game of football and ventured out their own half creating more space for our attackers I fully expect we'd of seen double figures tonight.

Tonight was about getting the job done, bag the 3pts and bang a few goals, mission complete for me.

Tuesday will be a totally different game and we might see more football played

Bloody hope so.

You'd hope players like Rooney would give a better showing of himself against these though, wouldn't ya? Apart from the peno and nice finish in the second half, his passing was absolutely shocking. Thought Baines had a decent game, Carrick was alright.

Townsend before half time "Wellbeck has hardly had a kick"

Then gives him MOTM.

The population of San Marino is 38k?

And as for ITV mocking San Marino..... well I saw England struggle to get out their half v Italy and France. Arrogant cnuts with selective memory.

Will Welbeck and Oxlade Chamberlain take this piss in Rio?

Play like that all the time and it'd be alright. But I've not seen them ever try to be clever and intricate in central positions before. Why?

I just don't see what attackers could do against 10 players sat on the edge of their area for the whole game, the average defeat for San Marino is around 5/6-0

But Rooney is on 200k per week and he was up against a bank clerk?

Tbf it's not this performance that bothers me. It's the fact they don't even try to play in that fashion against anyone else. All the piss taking from Welbeck and Ox..... shame Balotelli didn't do that when Italy were pushing England on top of Hart.

Archived