Keogh vs Shackell

King Kevin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Keogh is much better on the ball. 

Has a fantastic down the line ball than never seems to go out. Also his touch and passing ability is the best for a CB i have seen at Derby for quite a while. Thoughts of Barker and Addison come to mind, we thought theo was bad. 

Shackell always used to play hoofball into the completely wrong positions; instead of putting it into the channels he would hit a traverse pass long and not to mention the amount of times he would try the hollywood ball out to the RW with his left boot. 

Honestly I couldn't decide sooo if there is a third option Id like too take both :S

Rumours will always circulate the Shackell sale. 

Was there changing room issues?

Did we get a bigger fee than the reported 1.2 million?

Did Clough secretly have a plan for Keogh and Shackell to play but was quelled by some external factor?

Was Keogh a panic buy because Shackell was leaving?

It would have been an excellent partnership, we will never know?

I think that people are emphasizing that Keogh is better on the ball shows that the dont actually believe he is a better defender

Probably.

Shacks Hollywood passes used to do my friggin head in. No better than an OB punt. But yeah, he was pretty aware of everything.

I think that people are emphasizing that Keogh is better on the ball shows that the dont actually believe he is a better defender

In my opinion defending attributes put simply are:

Heading, Standing Tackle, Sliding Tackle, Positioning, Speed and Leadership

Shackell wins on

Standing Tackle

Sliding Tackle

Positioning

Leadership

Keogh wins on

Speed

Heading

I really like both players and felt genuinely sad when i saw this picture

"http://nonaynever.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Jason-Shackell1" alt="Jason-Shackell1">

but what happened happened. 

I don't think our problems are Keogh we should be focusing on finding someone to go alongside him. 

In my opinion defending attributes put simply are:

Heading, Standing Tackle, Sliding Tackle, Positioning, Speed and Leadership

Shackell wins on

Standing Tackle

Sliding Tackle

Positioning

Leadership

Keogh wins on

Speed

Heading

I really like both players and felt genuinely sad when i saw this picture

"http://nonaynever.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Jason-Shackell1" alt="Jason-Shackell1">

but what happened happened. 

I don't think our problems are Keogh we should be focusing on finding someone to go alongside him. 

I think Keogh is a better leader, I never saw Shackell talking to players especially the young uns except for when they conceded.

I think Keogh is a better leader, I never saw Shackell talking to players especially the young uns except for when they conceded.

This was one of my points earlier. Shackell was able to play with Barker for a large amount. He had Brayford for like every game and Roberts. Keogh has had Freeman, Forsyth, Gjokak, Obrien etc.

Not too sure how much this played a part mind and whether its worth looking into.

While on the topic however I think Keogh's leadership might have been slightly forced; what i mean by this is that Shackell knew barker would come back in the season and step in as captain straight away. Maybe Shackell felt less of a need to lead, whereas Keogh knew when he came in everyone was expecting him to be captain for the whole season and felt inclined to do more. 

This was one of my points earlier. Shackell was able to play with Barker for a large amount. He had Brayford for like every game and Roberts. Keogh has had Freeman, Forsyth, Gjokak, Obrien etc.

Not too sure how much this played a part mind and whether its worth looking into.

While on the topic however I think Keogh's leadership might have been slightly forced; what i mean by this is that Shackell knew barker would come back in the season and step in as captain straight away. Maybe Shackell felt less of a need to lead, whereas Keogh knew when he came in everyone was expecting him to be captain for the whole season and felt inclined to do more. 

I suppose but if you have the captains arm band your expected to lead, be it for one game, ten or one hundred.

Archived