Football Manager 2013

Hucknall Ram

The new FM's are too easy, if you dont get promoted with any side you've done badly.

I like the older ones, where i used to slog it out battling relegation every year for about 5 seasons with teams like Crewe and St Albans before being sacked, the good ol days.

It's not quite THAT easy, some clubs have dogsh1te sides with no funding and a reputation requiring a win every game, I had that with Wycombe when I went to them after 1 year of going on Holiday. They'd just dropped down, had no money, and were £4k over the wage budget. Now that was a tough gig.

There still are difficult jobs on it, just go for the worst team in the league. More fun that way.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not quite THAT easy, some clubs have dogsh1te sides with no funding and a reputation requiring a win every game, I had that with Wycombe when I went to them after 1 year of going on Holiday. They'd just dropped down, had no money, and were £4k over the wage budget. Now that was a tough gig.

There still are difficult jobs on it, just go for the worst team in the league. More fun that way.

Yep, but for most teams, once you've done a season you can just release anyone you want wit the compo not effecting the budget at all, then pick up some quality players on frees or players whose contact expires at the end of that season.

Yep, but for most teams, once you've done a season you can just release anyone you want wit the compo not effecting the budget at all, then pick up some quality players on frees or players whose contact expires at the end of that season.

True, mostly it's pretty simple to atleast fight your way to the play-offs, there are some difficult jobs around though. Try starting a season and immediately going on holiday for 12 months while unemployed, take a relegated side below the Champ and have a go.

If they don't have money it's usually a decent challenge.

The new FM's are too easy, if you dont get promoted with any side you've done badly.

I like the older ones, where i used to slog it out battling relegation every year for about 5 seasons with teams like Crewe and St Albans before being sacked, the good ol days.

I have totally different experience. Okay, first season got promoted as usual. But now I'm having trouble to stay up! Definitely first time when I'm struggling so badly. (and to give some perspective, I've started playing Championship Manager in 1995)

ps. I'm enjoying my problems very much, we'll see how it goes after next transfer window.

I have totally different experience. Okay, first season got promoted as usual. But now I'm having trouble to stay up! Definitely first time when I'm struggling so badly. (and to give some perspective, I've started playing Championship Manager in 1995)

ps. I'm enjoying my problems very much, we'll see how it goes after next transfer window.

Same here, got 5 games left of the season and I'm only 2 points clear of the relegation zone. Got 4 away fixtures (dammit, we're ***** away), two are against the top 4 teams and one at home against Tottenham who are top of the league.

On the plus side, we've made £30m so far this season.

won promotion (2nd place)

made some decent signings best is gianluca caprari, got rid of the dead wood.

results so far:

derby 2-0 sunderland

west ham 4-2 derby (we were 2-0 up)

derby 1-0 leeds (coc)

derby 4-0 norwich

derby 1-1 WBA

wolves 2-0 derby

have a feeling we'll be ***** away.

oh and chelsea signed neymar...oh goodie

I got relegated from the prem, last game of the season, Reading had to beat Man United to stay up. They did, ManUre finished with 8 men on the pitch. Perfect.

So I'm back in't championship. Chairman (supporters trust) gave me £10m to spend. Should think so n'all, we made over £40m in the last season.

Got a striker in, another box to box midfielder and a wing back. Started off great but just lost two games at home, both 0-3. Frustrated!

well first season in the PL over and i finished 10th with 52 points and managed to win the FA cup somehow beating newcastle in the final.

home record:

W8 D4 L7

away record:

W7 D3 L9

overall record:

W15 D7 L16

best result:1-0 v liverpool

worst result: 3-0 v brighton

got knocked out in the fourth round in the coc by citeh

some good signings in hanley and oprari.

bring on next year adventuring into europe

I had quite similar season. Second half went well and managed to climb up the table, finished 14th. Did what Derby do in Fa, losing first game straight away. But Capitol One Cup was success, beat another promoted team Wolves in Final. They got man sent off 12 minutes played and still needed extra-time to win thought.

Some horrible results, 0-4 Arsenal, 1-5 Tottenham, 1-2 F****t... But won both games against ManU.

Destro scored 21 goals and got 10 assists, managed to get to Italy's starting line-up and is "leading star for most Premier Division sides". And still has potential to fulfil.

Hughes was mostly injured.

Bennett was loaned to M'boro (League One) until January. After that, made 8 goals in 19 games.

And now I've build very, very good team for next season. Aiming top four.

finally got promoted after 2 seasons via playoffs , what a come back , losing 3-0 at half time , i resigned david jones that season , he was immense in midfield ,, like the good old days 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/gringosworld/ereee

Walk away from the computer. Go outside. Take deep breaths. Walk several miles. Go for a pint. Talk to "real" people.

Neil Eardley? FFS!

Archived