Football Manager 2013

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

One of my worst ever gaming purchases this one, even on a steam sale for £15. The Match Engine is not a football simulator, it's an 'ME' that ignores simple football logic to create goals. 

Within two games I'd seen Paul Coutts shoot, have the ball blocked, and their entire team ignore the ball just for Coutts to close the ball down from 15-20 yards away and put the ball into the net.

I truly couldn't stand it. The game in general is fine, but the match engine is so horrible it puts about an hours worth of working on a side at the start of a season entirely to waste when I see players slowed down for no reason, goal-keepers refuse to pick the ball up despite being 5 yards from it (leading to a player nicking in and getting it) and seeing nigh on every long shot goal against me spawn from a first touch that goes double the speed of the pass recieved and about half the width of the pitch to the scoring player.

Awful. I'd really like there to be some kind of competition, but there never can be, as SI has the market pretty much sewn up. Fifa's version is apparently poor, as you'd expect really, even if the 'ME' is obviously going to be alright given it's FIfa.

Not played one of these in a few years, but I did start up a new career just yesterday.

I chose to be Bristol City, for reasons I do not know.

I've clearly lost my touch anyway, 12 games into the season and I've only won one match... and that was a pre-season game against Grimsby :o:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived