Football Manager 2013

Hucknall Ram

Released on the 2nd November [size=3]at 00:01 (GMT)[/size]

[size=3]However if you pre-order (with certain retailers) toy can play a version of the game two weeks before the release date.[/size]

New Features

[url=http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/06/football-manager-2013-announced-video-reveals-new-features/]http://www.pcgamer.c...s-new-features/

By Chris Schilling

It’s that time of year when the leaves turn brown, the air gets chilly, and the ass-shaped groove in

your favourite chair gets a little deeper. Yes, it’s almost Football Manager time – and, much like a

new boss cheerfully clutching a wad of petrodollars from an obscenely wealthy overseas backer, this

year’s edition arrives promising wholesale changes.

The headlining feature of Football Manager 2013 is a welcome one for those who’ve grown rather

overwhelmed by the feature creep in recent years. The new Classic mode – or ‘FMC’ as the press

blurb is keen to refer to it as – cuts out many of the minor responsibilities, allowing you to focus on

the fundamentals. “We decided to try to find a way to accommodate players with limited free time,

without significantly diluting the experience,” says Sports Interactive’s Miles Jacobson. SI suggests

that FMC allows players to complete an entire season in 8-10 hours.

Also new in FM13 is a Challenge mode taken from the smartphone versions of last year’s game.

There are five challenges in total, each lasting around half a season, and all recreating scenarios

common to the beautiful game: attempting to win trophies with a team of youngsters, for example,

or escaping relegation after footing the table over the festive season. If the mode proves popular, SI

has promised to provide further downloadable challenges throughout the year, which may or may

not include being asked to win the title after losing your star striker to an extended golfing holiday

for two-thirds of the campaign.

Elsewhere, you’ll be able to unlock additional modifiers to give yourself a mid-season boost, topping

up your funds during the transfer window, or cutting the red tape that’s holding up your expensive

import’s work permit. And if all this makes it sound a bit like FM’s gone all sports casual on us, fear

not: the main game remains gleefully uncompromising. Says Jacobson: “I would, however, like to

stress to our many, many fans around the world that the introduction of FMC will not impact in

any way on the game that they’ve come to know and love.” Heck, how many games this year are

promoting ‘realistic tax regimes’ as a new feature?

Other bits and bobs include a “more televisual” match engine, use of Steam’s network functionality,

leaderboards, a new UI and the ability to create a more flexible training regimen. Media interaction

has also been tweaked, offering a range of moods that will hopefully allow you to sulkily send out

your assistant after a battering at home from your nearest rivals, or to nonchalantly dismiss your

team’s title hopes when you’re ten points clear with three to play. It’s out on PC and Mac at some

point before Christmas 2012.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone wants to sort out a Network between Derby fans i'd be up for that once the new game gets around enough, i've played 2012 to death so will be getting the next one pretty quickly (though the series is going to give me an anuerism before long considering the dodgy match engine!).

If anyone on Steam wants to add me then feel free, my profile name is AlexW The Great, (or as it probably should be, not so great, as my Barnet side of 2018 are suggesting).

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone got the beta version?? Whats our squad like??
fielding is ok, Keogh is good, will Hughes is mint, Sammon and ward are good. Bennett is currently average but should be world class in the future says the scouts, rest is average apart from Robinson, he has rubbish Attributes but he can't stop scoring for me, like real life

fielding is ok, Keogh is good, will Hughes is mint, Sammon and ward are good. Bennett is currently average but should be world class in the future says the scouts, rest is average apart from Robinson, he has rubbish Attributes but he can't stop scoring for me, like real life

Apparently O'brien has really good potential as well??

I've been playing the demo overnight. I started as Derby. I set the expectation as promotion to give myself extra room to manoevre in the transfer market.

I got sacked after 26 league games as a result. We were 9th and four points off the play-offs.

Highlights include a five game unbeaten run which included back-to-back victories over Forest and Leicester and reaching the third round of the Capital One Cup.

I sold Buxton, Bailey, Ben Davies and Deeney and loaned out all our youngsters except O'Brien, Bennett and Hughes.

My only signing was Liam Trotter for an initial £1.5m rising to £3m with a percentage of any future sale going to Millwall. He averaged 7.23 a game with three goals and five assists from 28 appearances.

Theo is the star player though. An absolute revelation if you play him in a front two as a poacher. 13 goals in 22 appearances.

Love the game. Addictive as ever. Shame about the sacking. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Got the beta and the Derby squad the first 11 is pretty good but overall it lacks depth, the weakest part is the defence especially left back, Hucknall Ram has it right about the players he mentions, Mark O'Brien has the potential to be world class and has the same ability as Buxton.

Archived