Sammon or Savies

TomCumming

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Davies' conversion rate is a lot higher then Sammons so far, I think if them two chances on Saturday and presented themselves to Davies he would of scored both of them, but like someone said above, Sammon might get this back with match fitness/sharpness. Only time will tell

So far Sammon has been fit for all of the matches we've played since we've signed him. If he continues that for a season, he's a very valuable asset.

Fitness is as important as talent over the course of 46 games. No point having a brilliant striker sitting on the treatment table and having to pick a clueless reserve instead.

In truth, if Sammon plays every game 6/10 for the whole season he'll actually bring more to the team than Savies did. Or Commons, actually!

Bit premature but as I rated Savies highly its up for Sammon to change my mind. They are two different types of player so perhaps difficult to compare like-for-like. Savies was a proven goalscorer for us in pretty crap sides, shame about his injury record as Duracell points out.

Did Savies play so many? Bit unfair...

Savies

2008-2012

83 games

21 goals

1 in 4 ratio, but more alarmingly only 83 games in roughly 4 years 20 games a year.

Sammon

97 games in last 4 years, despite being fit and not getting into wigans team most of last season.

18 goals

Clearly his goal ratio lacks slightly compared to Savies, but he is fitter and has played more games in last 4 years than Savies, despite a largely unfruitful whole season in the Prem.

I would imagine that if he lasted 4 years with us he would play 50% more games than Savies in the same amount of time, and score roughly the same goals 1 in 4, but have provided more assists.

Sammon could be a huge asset he just needs to find confidence in front of goal. Besides the goal he scored against Watford he doesn't look like scoring atall! But he's strong & good in the air something I personally think we have lacked up front since Rob Hulse! Give him a chance and we can judge him at 30+ games. Just remember Theo? He got slated & judged last season and went on to score 12 goals xD

Archived