Derby fan ejected from Bloomfield Road

Plumbs

Hi there.

Does anyone know of a Derby fan who was either ejected or refused entry to Bloomfield Road last season? I understand that this happened and the guy took the case to the Football Ombudsman but he's still pursuing it.

Its important as we've had the same thing happen at our club, and although we've had the matter resolved we might be able to help.

Cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there.

Does anyone know of a Derby fan who was either ejected or refused entry to Bloomfield Road last season? I understand that this happened and the guy took the case to the Football Ombudsman but he's still pursuing it.

Its important as we've had the same thing happen at our club, and although we've had the matter resolved we might be able to help.

Cheers

Yeah the guy is called Nick Webster, search him on twitter he's a sound bloke and he'll be very interested to hear what you've got to say i'd imagine.

Hi there.

Cheers

Whats your story anyway mate, what club do you support??

Hi there.

Cheers

Hi mate,

I was one of about 17 refused pre match. Correct that I took it all the way to the IFO and have received a letter recently from Blackpool.

Email is webster23@hotmail.co.uk

• 5 months later...

Just bumping this previously but you guys are due at Blackpool in April,and there's going to be a restriction on your tickets-you'll be only allowed 1,700 at present.

Theres a safety issue with the stand that houses away fans and it could be restricted further,as yesterday Leicester fans (and previously Barnsley) had fans ejected for standing and blocking the gangways.The stand keeps collapsing when fans celebrate goals and cheer the team on,and so they're trying to keep the stand open by employing draconian stewarding measures (which one of you guys has suffered previously)

If any of you are planning on booking a weekend then you may need to resource tickets in the Blackpool end before booking hotels etc, and if youre going into the away end then be prepared for issues if you've had a pint or two.

The corporate side isnt too bad and may be an option if youre stuck,but just keeping you up to date with whats been going on

Thanks for letting us know about that Plumbs. We've booked for Blackpool that weekend and will buy the tickets when they come out on sale.

I'll remind my lot not to jump about when we score, not to stand in the isles (not sure why people do this) or to rock up annebriated. BOOOOOO!

That goes for you aswell Nick, hehehe ;-)

Just bumping this previously but you guys are due at Blackpool in April,and there's going to be a restriction on your tickets-you'll be only allowed 1,700 at present.

Theres a safety issue with the stand that houses away fans and it could be restricted further,as yesterday Leicester fans (and previously Barnsley) had fans ejected for standing and blocking the gangways.The stand keeps collapsing when fans celebrate goals and cheer the team on,and so they're trying to keep the stand open by employing draconian stewarding measures (which one of you guys has suffered previously)

If any of you are planning on booking a weekend then you may need to resource tickets in the Blackpool end before booking hotels etc, and if youre going into the away end then be prepared for issues if you've had a pint or two.

The corporate side isnt too bad and may be an option if youre stuck,but just keeping you up to date with whats been going on

The stand keeps collapsing? Wtf? Is this not kinda a big issue?

Archived