SKY Q

Wolfie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really thinking of getting Q. How do the small boxes connect to the telly, I'm guessing just a HDMI cable? Also does anyone know how much a extra box is (outside of the multi room deal) I'm thinking of putting one in my teenage daughters room so I don't have to see her again till she's in her 20's :angry:

22 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Really thinking of getting Q. How do the small boxes connect to the telly, I'm guessing just a HDMI cable? Also does anyone know how much a extra box is (outside of the multi room deal) I'm thinking of putting one in my teenage daughters room so I don't have to see her again till she's in her 20's :angry:

HDMI cable that's it, as for third box depends, everyone seems to get different offers. Was £60 for the main box plus a mini and installation, a third box was £150 so £210 total

22 hours ago, TexasRam said:

£99 the standard price.

23 hours ago, TexasRam said:

You can pick a padlock up on ebay far cheaper....might be a question over legality i guess but desired effect  = same :)

Failing that you could always HDMI from laptop with free Sky go.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You can pick a padlock up on ebay far cheaper....might be a question over legality i guess but desired effect  = same :)

Failing that you could always HDMI from laptop with free Sky go.

53 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

£99 the standard price.

1 hour ago, David said:

HDMI cable that's it, as for third box depends, everyone seems to get different offers. Was £60 for the main box plus a mini and installation, a third box was £150 so £210 total

Cheers all, looking at the price @paul71 idea is looking very attractive (the padlock one) :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Cheers all, looking at the price @paul71 idea is looking very attractive (the padlock one) :thumbsup:

You can also get the Sky Q app on Xbox/tablet, and Sky Go on ps4 if she's got either at no extra cost.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

You can also get the Sky Q app on Xbox/tablet, and Sky Go on ps4 if she's got either at no extra cost.

• 3 months later...
On 13/10/2016 at 01:01, Paul71 said:

No selling points for me yet, I have sky HD and watch in the two other rooms via the old coax cable that's run through the walls, don't get HD on the two other TVs but smallish screens so doesn't really matter, remote control no issue as use sky plus app on phone to control sky box. Only time I need to watch different channel I HDMI from laptop to TV on sky go. Think for me I will wait until no extra cost or get a 4k TV.

if you want HD in the other rooms, you can get a HDMI output splitter and a long HDMI lead, you might pay £30 for the pair, maybe more, but it works well.

I've now got a UHD television which is the ******, and it came with free SkyQ. Being installed next week after a lengthy and tiring battle with the landlord to allow me a new dish!

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I've now got a UHD television which is the ******, and it came with free SkyQ. Being installed next week after a lengthy and tiring battle with the landlord to allow me a new dish!

If you had Sky+ before you don't need a new dish, all they do is change the pointy thing that points at the dish. 2 minute job. 

Just now, David said:

If you had Sky+ before you don't need a new dish, all they do is change the pointy thing that points at the dish. 2 minute job. 

follow the thread Daveo! 

There's a communal dish, but if you change that dish, then all the other people using the feed have to switch up to SkyQ too, as you cannot have the standard Sky and SkyQ off the same dish.

So I had 60 days from purchasing my tv to claim the free SkyQ. The landlord is looking at fitting another communal dish alongside the one already on the roof, but in the meantime, I've been permitted to have my own dish until the communal dish is installed.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

follow the thread Daveo! 

There's a communal dish, but if you change that dish, then all the other people using the feed have to switch up to SkyQ too, as you cannot have the standard Sky and SkyQ off the same dish.

So I had 60 days from purchasing my tv to claim the free SkyQ. The landlord is looking at fitting another communal dish alongside the one already on the roof, but in the meantime, I've been permitted to have my own dish until the communal dish is installed.

I've slept since October, can't even remember what colour underwear I had on yesterday or even I've changed them today! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2017 at 11:19, Mostyn6 said:

Had SkyQ installed this morning. Bit annoyed about the lack of ability to sync the remotes to my new TV. Picture quality is impressive though, so I can abide having to use 2 remotes until LG and Sky sort something out.

How old is your TV? The Sky guy synced ours up in seconds, programmed it to the Bose soundbar as well so the volume buttons control that not the tv.

The touch remote is pants though, no idea why they include that

32 minutes ago, David said:

How old is your TV? The Sky guy synced ours up in seconds, programmed it to the Bose soundbar as well so the volume buttons control that not the tv.

The touch remote is pants though, no idea why they include that

about 7 weeks old.

I'm perhaps talking the opposite way around. I want my TV remote to be able to change the sky channel.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

They're still trying to pull my pants down with the installation cost. They can kiss m'ass atm.

I took a sting for £60 this time, I've managed to always blag it over the last 10 years. They generally needed to fiddle about this time, detaching me from communal dish, installing a dish just for me, and he was there for ages. Even gave me a karate lesson.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I took a sting for £60 this time, I've managed to always blag it over the last 10 years. They generally needed to fiddle about this time, detaching me from communal dish, installing a dish just for me, and he was there for ages. Even gave me a karate lesson.

Were you grappling in your lounge Mostyn?

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Were you grappling in your lounge Mostyn?

he showed me a move, where the demonstration required me grabbing his wrist, and he did this quite impressive twisting movement that not only nearly broke my thumb and fingers, but made me hurdle my coffee table and stack it into the bookcase. He **** himself, thinking I might sue him, but I was too busy laughing (to hide the pain).

Archived