So is the Premier League still the ultimate goal

Curtains

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What on earth are you on about now.

Much preferred you when you left the forum...

Good answer .

You have no answer do you 

Are we going to sell Johnson ,Butterfield , Blackman,Camara and Olsson to fit the academy players in to Wassalls team. 

Or does he pick the players Clement was picking. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

So clement was in charge of recruitment ? He make the money available, identified the players and sanctioned the deals ?

Is this wasn't in his job profile then why not stop him from signing the players in the first instance, or at least give him u tip the end of the season to see if the recruitment drive was going to work.

I don't know was he, you tell me if you know the answer.

If you don't trust your manager with spending money then surely sacking him is the sensible option?

I have already stated that I believe Morris was at fault for allowing such unnecessary amounts to be spent. 

Why give someone that you have lost faith in anymore time? Why not get something different with planning for next season in mind?

If you don't trust your manager with spending money then surely sacking him is the sensible option?

I have already stated that I believe Morris was at fault for allowing such unnecessary amounts to be spent. 

Why give someone that you have lost faith in anymore time? Why not get something different with planning for next season in mind?

The players signed are good players and I'm not going to criticise them players .

My guess is Wassall will not change the team much from Clements selections  

I want Wassall to succeed and I hope we win Saturday  

His team selection will be interesting  

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Good answer .

You have no answer do you 

Are we going to sell Johnson ,Butterfield , Blackman,Camara and Olsson to fit the academy players in to Wassalls team. 

Or does he pick the players Clement was picking. 

I have no idea what we are going to do.

From what I have seen so far Blackman can go, not sure about Camara.  Olsson wont be needed once Forsyth is back. Johnson may shine if played in a different position.

I have no idea what we are going to do.

From what I have seen so far Blackman can go, not sure about Camara.  Olsson wont be needed once Forsyth is back. Johnson may shine if played in a different position.

Butterfield ! 

Ince !

Shackall !

Bent ! 

Wiemann 

All better than the academy players. 

Johnson 

Olsson 

Blackman 

All better than the academy players 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well it was stated that in the first window clement had limited knowledge of the championship, so the club identified the targets and brought him up to speed.  I'm guessing with Evans leaving there is a possibility that clement was behind the 3 signings In this window, but as that is now shut, I'm failing to see how giving him more than a couple of games with these players would cost the club more money??!  What's even more bizzare is that you are stating his recruiting was behind his sacking, so why after he sat down with PC, did MM the  sanction another signing ?

So what happens when the next manager comes in, we sign a couple of new players that don't bed in immediately, do we sack him again, and keep going until someone gets it right ? 

Not sure what your point is? 

Do you want us to scrap the academy?

My point is about the philosophy. 

The academy is for the future but Wassall needs to pick his strongest team from the 1st team squad as Clement tried to do most of the time apart from the Fulham game where he must have known something . 

The academy is a smokescreen at the moment. 

The players are not good enough for the Championship yet. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Well it was stated that in the first window clement had limited knowledge of the championship, so the club identified the targets and brought him up to speed.  I'm guessing with Evans leaving there is a possibility that clement was behind the 3 signings In this window, but as that is now shut, I'm failing to see how giving him more than a couple of games with these players would cost the club more money??!  What's even more bizzare is that you are stating his recruiting was behind his sacking, so why after he sat down with PC, did MM the  sanction another signing ?

So what happens when the next manager comes in, we sign a couple of new players that don't bed in immediately, do we sack him again, and keep going until someone gets it right ? 

So you wanted MM to say no the players that PC identified? 

Well he did sanction the signings.

4 weeks later it is obvious Blackman is either sh1t3 or has been purchased for a position he can't play, and Camara gets the odd 10 minutes here or there.

Can you think why MM may have lost patience? I can.

My point is about the philosophy. 

The academy is for the future but Wassall needs to pick his strongest team from the 1st team squad as Clement tried to do most of the time apart from the Fulham game where he must have known something . 

The academy is a smokescreen at the moment. 

The players are not good enough for the Championship yet. 

The academy is a smokescreen?

For what exactly? 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The academy is a smokescreen?

For what exactly? 

What Mel has done for the academy is great but it can't be used as a smokescreen for us dropping from 1st to 5th since Boxing Day. .

Clement was picking his best team and there was no room for academy players except maybe Jamie Hanson but Baird did ok at Fulham. 

Do we assume Mel Morris wanted Hanson in the starting 11 at Fulham at other good players expense. 

What Mel has done for the academy is great but it can't be used as a smokescreen for us dropping from 1st to 5th since Boxing Day. .

Clement was picking his best team and there was no room for academy players accept maybe Jamie Hanson but Baird did ok at Fulham. 

What was his best team then?

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Players take no responsibility right .

5th in the League .

If it goes the other way then people will not be happy with Wassall .

What then ! 

I mean I'd much rather have Clement than Wassall after the honeymoon. 

It's rubbish to say the U21s are so damn good. 

Nobody cares about the U21 league do they ! 

The players were following what the manager told them, if they were to play each week they had to make sure they didn't make a pass too risky. Clement even said in his interview after Preston (?) that he preferred the players to keep the ball than lose it with a risky pass. Does that not say he didn't trust our players to make the correct decisions on the pitch and had to play his way?

So you wanted MM to say no the players that PC identified? 

Well he did sanction the signings.

4 weeks later it is obvious Blackman is either sh1t3 or has been purchased for a position he can't play, and Camara gets the odd 10 minutes here or there.

Can you think why MM may have lost patience? I can.

No I cant, after 10, 15 or 20 games maybe, but 5 ? How long did it take Martin for instance to show his quality, judging someone's signings after that short time imo is ludicrous.  I'm not saying that bringing in so many players or the ones he did was the right thing to do, but at least give him a period of time to prove this one way or the other. 

How many more mistakes do you give MM before you lose faith then ? 

MM has the right to hire and fire as he sees fit, and I still believe that having him in charge is good for Derby, but there is no denying he has made mistake with clement.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What was his best team then?

Mitchell 

Sesewankambo       Buxton    Rawson       Lowe   

Hanson  

Calero.     Guy.    

Zanzula.      Bent.     Wiemann.            

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

The players were following what the manager told them, if they were to play each week they had to make sure they didn't make a pass too risky. Clement even said in his interview after Preston (?) that he preferred the players to keep the ball than lose it with a risky pass. Does that not say he didn't trust our players to make the correct decisions on the pitch and had to play his way?

I'm quite willing to see what happens now but I don't think team selection will change much but maybe the intensity. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

No I cant, after 10, 15 or 20 games maybe, but 5 ? How long did it take Martin for instance to show his quality, judging someone's signings after that short time imo is ludicrous.  I'm not saying that bringing in so many players or the ones he did was the right thing to do, but at least give him a period of time to prove this one way or the other. 

How many more mistakes do you give MM before you lose faith then ? 

MM has the right to hire and fire as he sees fit, and I still believe that having him in charge is good for Derby, but there is no denying he has made mistake with clement.

He's got as many mistakes as he wants, it's his club and I doubt there will be many queueing up to pump millions into it.

I am certainly not going to slaughter him for doing his best for DCFC even if I do disagree with some of his decisions.

I don't see a mistake in sacking Clement, just like me Mel has had enough of being bored watching matches and wants the good times to return.

Archived