Calero and Mascarell

Curtains

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calero and Mascarell look set to join the long line of foreigners who get better the less they play for Derby. Cywka and Tito Villa were the two greatest in this field.

I think it's a hangover from the TBE days.

Thats not good then.

But if that's the case I'd blame McClaren.

Or, you know, you could just write them off before they have played. Either or.

If that's directed at me, I actually rate them both but there's no way they'd be mentioned as much if they were English, it's just something we seem to do at Derby. When things aren't going to plan and we have a foreigner on the bench who we assume to have flair, it becomes a great injustice that whatever stupid manager who happens to be in charge at the time won't play them.

That Calero's played at all is pretty bold, and Mascarell has to be patient, like Thorne was.

And unlike Thorne, Omar's learning a new language as well as learning what we're asking of him. It will take time.

Then blast the ball 10 yards over the bar.

Yes he's ***** like the rest of the team.

It's getting boring coming on here seeing our players slated.

They're good. It's a good team.

Being back dog w@nk like Savage and Pearson and Theo and Teale etc. then you have even more to criticise.

The glory days of Michael Tonge and Paul Green.

I'm sorry we're a good team. Dawkins, Christie, Buxton, Eustace, Martin... I'm sorry McClaren has different options and different players for different situations but none of them are better than Iniesta or Modric.

I'm out this thread. You just go through patches Curtains where you wind people up. It used to be about Clough, then Buxton, then Christie now Eustace and I can slowly see we're getting to McClaren.

You offer up alternatives such as players that have barely played and as a result have show little to no reason to pick them again. You offer old less successful formations and systems as a new solution.

You enjoy your season looking for problems. You'll have to look hard though if the last two games are anything to go by.

That's farfetched. Could be anyone sat behind Eustace who's a defensive midfielder, and I'd be shouting for them to get a go.

That sounds personal.

I'm not even a Eustace fan but all I saw Mascarell do was exactly what Eustace does except give away more throw ins.

Not saying he's not better. Just that if he wants to be picked then he has to give McClaren a reason. Charlton cup game wasn't it despite the hype. He went side to side and smashed the ball out for a throw a few times. He also barely had a tackle to make.

I'm not writing him off. I'm saying he's got to force Eustace out. I don't think he's sat on the bench because McClaren hates blue boots

I'm out this thread. You just go through patches Curtains where you wind people up. It used to be about Clough, then Buxton, then Christie now Eustace and I can slowly see we're getting to McClaren.

You offer up alternatives such as players that have barely played and as a result have show little to no reason to pick them again. You offer old less successful formations and systems as a new solution.

You enjoy your season looking for problems. You'll have to look hard though if the last two games are anything to go by.

I still think top 6 .

Since when have you got so upset lol it's a forum .

We all have different opinions right or wrong.

Do you want a boring forum

Salute

It's not personal at all. He does a great job in spells, and is exactly what you need for a fight, or in the last stages of a game.

However, far too often, noticeably yesterday first half, the move stalls, slows down, goes backwards etc when the ball inevitably ends up at his feet. Then, when we get broke on, he's treading water before bringing someone down before they walk past him.

I still think top 6 .

Do you I want a boring forum Salute

When people started going out of their way to find faults and micro analysing everything.

When any player who put two average performances together became "*****" and needed to be sold.

When players who aren't playing become better than the ones that are, only for them to swap roles again 2 months later.

The forum is becoming the gathering place of villagers looking to organise witch hunts.

I've been on here and the DET for about a 6 years between them. There's more criticism now than when we were 20th and praying for a draw at Barnsley.

The team isn't perfect but pretty much every player has had some stick now. You're starting on McClaren even! That's you who thought he was God when people were sticking up for Nigel 12 months ago.

Enjoy yourself

It's not personal at all. He does a great job in spells, and is exactly what you need for a fight, or in the last stages of a game.

However, far too often, noticeably yesterday first half, the move stalls, slows down, goes backwards etc when the ball inevitably ends up at his feet. Then, when we get broke on, he's treading water before bringing someone down before they walk past him.

I agree with you.

But until we see something from Mascarell or someone else...

When people started going out of their way to find faults and micro analysing everything.

When any player who put two average performances together became "*****" and needed to be sold.

When players who aren't playing become better than the ones that are, only for them to swap roles again 2 months later.

The forum is becoming the gathering place of villagers looking to organise witch hunts.

I've been on here and the DET for about a 6 years between them. There's more criticism now than when we were 20th and praying for a draw at Barnsley.

The team isn't perfect but pretty much every player has had some stick now. You're starting on McClaren even! That's you who thought he was God when people were sticking up for Nigel 12 months ago.

Enjoy yourself

Tu shay

Didn't do too badly with Eustace in the side last season, in fact we was doing rather well if I recall correctly

we were only 4th daveo, clearly not good enough for some :huh:  and obviously the 6 months between last season and this season have left him on the scrap heap... 

makes my piss boil when people criticise a player for doing a job the manager and most level headed fans expect of them. 'fxck the defensive midfielder role athome' lets play 415 because we are that good... or we could follow the tried and tested blue print from last season of having a defensive midfielder who will break up play and pass it sideways to a much more talented player. He was at fault for none of the goals yesterday either. 

I still think top 6 .

Do you want a boring forum

Salute

I get upset when people want to start suggesting we revert to 442. It's prehistoric. It is so easy to plan against and it wastes our attacking players. especially when people like you insist that 3 of the 4 midfielders are central midfielders (ie hendrick hughes bryson) DOES NOT work we saw it for 2 season and its trying to shoe horn a size 3 stiletto onto an elephant. 

I also get upset when posters like yourself decide that your OPINION is fact. You think Eustace isn't good enough. That doesn't mean that he isn't and seeing as Mac and simmo have far more managerial experience and success than yourself I'll trust them over you. 

Christ we are 2 points better off than this time last season and we have some very winnable games coming up but lets start changing everything  :wacko:

Archived