Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell: "I love scoring goals and hope I can do it for Derby. The fans have been amazing on Twitter. I hope I can reward them on the pitch"

What he actually means is "amazing/weird stalkers"

In other news, WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

Don't pad out the numbers with thrashing tiny sides in the cup, he got 13 in 32 in the league last season and 9 in 37 the season before. A similar age Conor Sammon managed 15 in 23 in the league. Don't get ahead of yourselves on that scoring record, because it doesn't exactly stand out.

We should also not forget the general rule for SPL to Championship strikers. Their goals per game times about 0.6. So 10 in 20 in the SPL is about 6 in 20 in the Championship. On that basis Johnny might be good for about 10-12 goals this season on his SPL record. That said, it's nothing exact, and he could continue to grow and improve, as well as fit in well with our style. He could end up being that first 20 goal a season striker since Sturridge for all we know, but as things stand I wouldn't expect much more than about 10 out of him this season.

All that said, he looks an exciting type player though, and he's hopefully be an improvement over Tyson and Theo. Let's see how he does.

shush now. He's amazing.

Du du du du

Johnny Russell du du du du.

Don't pad out the numbers with thrashing tiny sides in the cup, he got 13 in 32 in the league last season and 9 in 37 the season before. A similar age Conor Sammon managed 15 in 23 in the league. Don't get ahead of yourselves on that scoring record, because it doesn't exactly stand out.

We should also not forget the general rule for SPL to Championship strikers. Their goals per game times about 0.6. So 10 in 20 in the SPL is about 6 in 20 in the Championship. On that basis Johnny might be good for about 10-12 goals this season on his SPL record. That said, it's nothing exact, and he could continue to grow and improve, as well as fit in well with our style. He could end up being that first 20 goal a season striker since Sturridge for all we know, but as things stand I wouldn't expect much more than about 10 out of him this season.

All that said, he looks an exciting type player though, and he's hopefully be an improvement over Tyson and Theo. Let's see how he does.

I think its the quality of his goals that I've been impressed by. He has also scored that amount in a fairly poor Dundee Utd team.

I'm also of the opinion that Sammon was a good buy and that will come through next year (Trappatoni agrees  ;) ). Sammon probably bullied most teams up there and has met his match at times in the Championship. I don't think all styles of player will necessarily feel the same effect in their goals decreasing as the average suggests.

Sammon isn't a natural finisher and is very much a confidence player. Russell looks like he has some class and with the amount of chances we create should do some damage.

Dundee United striker Jizzy Russell signs fo' Derby County on four-year deal 10 Jun 2013 16:54

THE 23-year-old, whoz ass banged up in 20 goals last season, holla'd: ""I gots a straight-up boner fo' scorin goals n' hope I can do it fo' Derby."

Johnny-Russell-1944193
Jizzy Russell signs fo' Derby County

DUNDEE United striker Jizzy Russell has joined Championshizzle side Derby County fo' a initial fee of £750,000.

Da 23-year-old was all up in tha ground todizzle afta rappin a gangbangin' four-year deal.

Despite late interest from Celtic, Russell holla'd: "Derby pushed tha boat up fo' me n' made me feel wanted. Y'all KNOW dat ****, muthafucka! This type'a shiznit happens all tha time. There was no diggity up in mah mind I was goin ta sign. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. I be delighted.

"I gots a straight-up boner fo' scorin goals n' hope I can do it fo' Derby. Da hustlas done been dunkadelic on Twizzle n' ****. I hope I can reward dem on tha pitch."

Dundee United holla'd: "We confirm dat Jizzy Russell has todizzle completed his cold-ass transfer ta Derby County fo' a undisclosed fee.

"A graduate of our successful youth academy n' scorer of 45 goals up in 121 appearances, Jizzy leaves wit tha propz of mah playas at Dundee United n' has our dopest wishes fo' his wild lil' future game."

Russell banged up 20 goals last season until a ****-up kept outta tha crew fo' nuff muthafuckin weeks.

Only thing haunting this deal was his agent John viola trying to get him a move to Celtic. This agent is a fud. Horrible to see johnny in another colour but I am sure he will do well. All the best!

Johnny, oh johnny Russell runs down the wing for me du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du

Only thing haunting this deal was his agent John viola trying to get him a move to Celtic. This agent is a fud. Horrible to see johnny in another colour but I am sure he will do well. All the best!

Johnny, oh johnny Russell runs down the wing for me du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du

Yeah, hopefully he gets a new agent

Hope you have a good season

What now?

I'm not having this - I just rang Dundee United and made a last minute bid.

It's BORING now he's signed. My thing has stopped tingling

Now thats over, I can start revising for my exams....

THREAD CLOSED  

If you could all make your way over here... http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/11796-official-dcfc-dyycheee-naked-town-run-2013-thread/#entry439668 ...that'd be great.

Yeah, it was a little bit disrespectful.

Ah well, the deal's done and, as you may be able to tell, 99% of us are pretty excited about it :lol:

Good luck for next season too!

Archived