Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only concern... we don't as yet know if his broken leg will have any effect on his game, long term.

He's only played 3 matches since returning from it, although for saying he had a break he got back playing in little over 2 months so hopefully it's all done and dusted and won't have an impact.

I'm confident we will wrap the deal up tomorrow (providing he likes the new home shirt) and we can all collectively Bananas in relief.

My next concern is how his relationship with Clough will pan out:

"I don't want to big wee Johnny up too much - he's got a big enough head already."

Hopefully Clough will realise how much of an asset he could be next year and step back a bit, or Russell will reign in his overconfidence to ensure he stays on NC's good side.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee-united/228701-michael-gardyne-backs-johnny-russell-to-make-his-mark-in-england/

NC put up with savage - he had self belief.

My only concern... we don't as yet know if his broken leg will have any effect on his game, long term.

He's only played 3 matches since returning from it, although for saying he had a break he got back playing in little over 2 months so hopefully it's all done and dusted and won't have an impact.

It wasn't really a complete break, just a fracture. He carried on playing for 20 minutes after sustaining the injury so it can't have been that bad. Having said that, running around on it for that long probably didn't help :lol:

Decent point that, I take what you're saying. Although Savage had the experience - which maybe told him to bite his tongue once in a while.

Maybe I'm just over thinking things!

I think clough is well aware that the team requires 'something extra'.  it would appear he believes JR is that 'extra'

- and because of that i reckon he'' put up with a bit of attitude.

(also ward is a cocky little bugger too.)

I think clough is well aware that the team requires 'something extra'.  it would appear he believes JR is that 'extra'

Also very true - Him and Wardy could make a right pair.

Hopefully Clough will shoot JR down if he gives him too much lip...

I honestly think I'd hate Ward if he didn't play for us :lol:

It wasn't really a complete break, just a fracture. He carried on playing for 20 minutes after sustaining the injury so it can't have been that bad. Having said that, running around on it for that long probably didn't help :lol:

I was thinking more in terms of mental effect than physical.

He showed mental strength to carry on in the first place and then to get back quickly, the signs are good but the human mind is a funny old thing.

Maybe the first strong tackle he gets from a Championship defender will make him think twice about a few 50-50s in future? Not everyone can be like Paul Boertien and continue to fly into everything despite potential injury :D

I know a few controllers at a few airports. I know what flight he's on, what his heading is, the altitude he's at and even the Captains name. If I choose to, I can even have a message relayed to him.

So nar nar nar nar nar.

:-D

Archived