Annoyed fans

DCFC Else

I have never wanted Derby to sack Clough because i dont him for having his hands tied but over the last two years alot of fans are really annoyed at the team. alot of negative feelings around the club recently. personally I think its to soon for Bennet ( I have no dought he will be a great player ) just not at this time in his life. The team needs time to gel. it will be a good season just not the start. IT WILL GET BETTER........... I hope 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time in a long time I have thought this about a Derby team..

I have confidence in the team. Just not the manager.

Yes he has made good signings, Sammon, Coutts, Jacobs, Bryson.. etc etc, but how he

a] man manages these players (Maguire, and what emerged with Theo tonight raised an eyebrow or two) and

b] manages these players on the pitch

A poor Bolton team we could have quite easily beaten, beat us because of a very poor decision to take Sammon off in place of Will Hughes, who for a 17yr old looked out of his depth tonight against the 6" 2' brick outhouse that is Zat Knight. (no fault of his own), leaving Tyson up on his own.

The same thing happened against Wet Spam away last season. Playing some nice football going 1-0 up, then resorting to hoofball. Which against a classic Allardyce team failed spectacularly. Lost 2-1.

Yet again, Clough shows an alarming lack of a credible plan B.

Apparantly Sammon signalled that he wanted to come off 5 mins before he was - maybe he picked up a knock or something?

On the whole though, very frustrating to see the team sit back (just for a change 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> ) and have the pressure piled on the defenders again. Every time I looked over at Clough he was jumping about like a scalded cat but overall, really, we were carp.

On a better note, the Derby fans singing kept me entertained 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

This is the first time in a long time I have thought this about a Derby team..

I have confidence in the team. Just not the manager.

Yes he has made good signings, Sammon, Coutts, Jacobs, Bryson.. etc etc, but how he

a] man manages these players (Maguire, and what emerged with Theo tonight raised an eyebrow or two) and

b] manages these players on the pitch

A poor Bolton team we could have quite easily beaten, beat us because of a very poor decision to take Sammon off in place of Will Hughes, who for a 17yr old looked out of his depth tonight against the 6" 2' brick outhouse that is Zat Knight. (no fault of his own), leaving Tyson up on his own.

The same thing happened against Wet Spam away last season. Playing some nice football going 1-0 up, then resorting to hoofball. Which against a classic Allardyce team failed spectacularly. Lost 2-1.

Yet again, Clough shows an alarming lack of a credible plan B.

A poor Bolton team we could have quite easily beaten

Are you saying its was a poor team, or they looked poor in comparison to us at times? Bolton went down by a point and some goal difference last year and to be honest look promotion favourites on paper.

Let's take a look at the side we faced:

Bogdan - 24 year old Hungarian International keeper

Mears - We should know Mears from his time here. He's a good player, even if he didn't want to be here. Another one who had injury troubles last season

Mills - A very highly rated central defender who last year moved to Leicester for a fee rumoured to be of the order of £5 mil

Knight - Experienced Premier League defender

Ricketts - An experienced fullback with international and Premier League experience

Lee - A very good player, despite only being 24 and missing most of last season through injury he's already got 40 Korean (ROK) Caps to his name and to be honest I don't think he'd be with them now if he'd played a full season last year

M. Davies - Midfielder with plenty of Premier League experience

Andrews - An experienced player in midfield who looked very good in this division on loan with Ipswich last season

Eagles - Another good midfielder, another with plenty of experience in the Premier League and at this level

Sordell - Young striker who has scored goals at this level

K. Davies - A veteran of over 400 Premier League games

That's a pretty impressive lineup, and we apparently did well against them.

Are you saying its was a poor team, or they looked poor in comparison to us at times? Bolton went down by a point and some goal difference last year and to be honest look promotion favourites on paper.

Let's take a look at the side we faced:

Bogdan - 24 year old Hungarian International keeper

Mears - We should know Mears from his time here. He's a good player, even if he didn't want to be here. Another one who had injury troubles last season

Mills - A very highly rated central defender who last year moved to Leicester for a fee rumoured to be of the order of £5 mil

Knight - Experienced Premier League defender

Ricketts - An experienced fullback with international and Premier League experience

Lee - A very good player, despite only being 24 and missing most of last season through injury he's already got 40 Korean (ROK) Caps to his name and to be honest I don't think he'd be with them now if he'd played a full season last year

M. Davies - Midfielder with plenty of Premier League experience

Andrews - An experienced player in midfield who looked very good in this division on loan with Ipswich last season

Eagles - Another good midfielder, another with plenty of experience in the Premier League and at this level

Sordell - Young striker who has scored goals at this level

K. Davies - A veteran of over 400 Premier League games

That's a pretty impressive lineup, and we apparently did well against them.

Poor performance from a decent team. Maybe I was expecting too much of a team that's just come down from the Prem, but their most common tactic consisted of:

Get it to Bogdan

Bogdan hoofs it to Kavies

Kavies wins the header.

Ad infinitum.

Poor performance from a decent team. Maybe I was expecting too much of a team that's just come down from the Prem, but their most common tactic consisted of:

Get it to Bogdan

Bogdan hoofs it to Kavies

Kavies wins the header.

Ad infinitum.

It does put our position into perspective. Interestingly, of all our players, I'm fairly sure that only Conor Sammon has played Premier League football. Of the entire squad only Roberts, Keogh, Coutts, Tyson, Sammon, O'Connor, Ward and Robinson (8 players, I think...) had played at this level before playing for us, although arguably Bryson had as well in the SPL, but I don't really feel like getting into a debate about the level of the SPL.

Derby did ok last night for 3/4 of the game, in what was one of the most quite / unenthusiastic grounds I have ever been on.

The idea would be to keep much the same if Sammon was injured.

We needed presence / strength / character - poor you Hughes was never the man to provide.

In saying that I think Bennett - even at his age - is one for a battle and should have come on instead - earlier.

Easy to criticise Clough for poor subs - may not have had a choice.

I do feel he has a good collection of players - Coutts / O'connor / Sammon look the part. Jacobs looked ok against Ssausagehorpe.

One thing he needs to factor in is that Tyson cannot last 90 mins ......

Dissappointing last night - but the beer was cheap - thanks to a mate who supports Bolton !

Archived