The big screen

davenportram

I refuse to call it a score board because all I could see was the bottom half of the screen and couldn't see the score.

I know that it is impossible to place 1 screen in a ground that all can see but they could at least put the score and clock at the bottom to allow as many people as possible to see it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I refuse to call it a score board because all I could see was the bottom half of the screen and couldn't see the score.

I know that it is impossible to place 1 screen in a ground that all can see but they could at least put the score and clock at the bottom to allow as many people as possible to see it.

It took 2 mins at the start of the 2nd half for the clock to start. And the goals took about the same amount of time to register. Hopefully just teething problems.

I'm in the North Stand upper towards the middle and could only see the very far section of it with the clock on. They have all that space up there and they don't put it in the middle of the space!

If it was pushed round a bit (literally onto the next metal panel so metres) to make it in the middle then the majority of people would see it. Yes there would still be a few right in the corner where the Barmy Army used to be, but you've never been able to see the scoreboard there anyway.

Nice screen, shame I can't see it!

edit - Should have done what Sunderland have, two smaller screens hanging off the roof at either end of the stadium. Everyone can see them, everyone wins.

It's good except It doesn't really work quite yet from where I'm sat ( west stand behind directors seats ) you can see a line down the middle of the screen and whilst watching the Leeds vs wolves game prior to kickoff I noticed the colours are different either side of the line.

But otherwise it's good 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's good except It doesn't really work quite yet from where I'm sat ( west stand behind directors seats ) you can see a line down the middle of the screen and whilst watching the Leeds vs wolves game prior to kickoff I noticed the colours are different either side of the line.

But otherwise it's good 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The lines because it's built in sections and actually curves with the stand. The colour difference could be because of the different viewing angle you have between the sections.

Davenport got there before me.

That line will be one of the screens 'joined up' bits. The screen isn't one big flat screen, its 3 or 4 (haven't worked out yet) smaller screens put together to make the curved shape to fit in the curved corner of metal sheeting. Without being a science wizz or whatever the difference in colours will be because of your viewing angle and the two different angles of the screen to you.

For example, look at your tv, then move it slightly at a angle. The picture will be a difference in colour due to viewing angles.

It looked fine from the E Stand Upper; but I'm sure the very bright weather would have blighted the view for some fans.

It's good after 15 years to see PPS finally up-to-date with rival clubs, and evening games (if it's working fully!) will bring the best out of it.

I noticed some birthday dedications and so on at half time - not sure what it would cost to have a personal greeting posted?

There are no details of cost in the Ram mag.

It looked fine from the E Stand Upper; but I'm sure the very bright weather would have blighted the view for some fans.

It's good after 15 years to see PPS finally up-to-date with rival clubs, and evening games (if it's working fully!) will bring the best out of it.

I noticed some birthday dedications and so on at half time - not sure what it would cost to have a personal greeting posted?

There are no details of cost in the Ram mag.

Last season it was a tenner to have a birthday greeting read out but I wouldn't have thought it would be any more if it's on the screen?

Archived